HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Habs have a lot of great pieces to trade in order to get what they need.

Matheson, Mailloux, Winnipeg’s 1st, Beck, Calgary/Florida 2025’s 1st, Habs 2025’s 2nd.

If Winnipeg wants Mailloux for McGroarty, i do it. You can replace him by drafting a D at 5 or even better, trade Matheson for an equivalent RHD like Rasmus Andersson, either in the same trade or in two separate deals.

Draft one of Lindstrom/Demidov/Iginla/Sennecke with 5OA

Trade Mailloux for McGroarty

Use Matheson and 26OA to get R.Andersson

In two years:

Slaf-Suzuki-5OA
McGroarty-Dach-Caufield
Newhook-Beck-Roy
Gally-Kapanen-Anderson

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-engstrom
Struble-Harris

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Matheson, Mailloux, Winnipeg’s 1st, Beck, Calgary/Florida 2025’s 1st, Habs 2025’s 2nd.

If Winnipeg wants Mailloux for McGroarty, i do it. You can replace him by drafting a D at 5 or even better, trade Matheson for an equivalent RHD like Rasmus Andersson, either in the same trade or in two separate deals.

In two years:

Slaf-Suzuki-5OA
McGroarty-Dach-Caufield
Newhook-Beck-Roy
Gally-Kapanen-Anderson

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-engstrom
Struble-Harris
Or Ej Emery at 26 that could be a great partner with Hutson

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, not very realistic idea. I think it was Godin's idea and Basu didn't seem to approve, if i remember correctly.

Those guys can ramble on. I admit i tune out sometimes listening to them.

Godin's english is pretty good but can be annoying sometimes with the constant auto-correction.
MAG was a poster here way back when. And a pretty good one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well its questionable and i do wonder how we would have felt if we acquired PLD.

There is something wrong with the players but man, there is still upside there and an edge in his game.
Nah we would have all suddenly been convinced Marty would fix him like he will any other problem child being proposed in this thread. :sarcasm:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I find that odd. The reclamation projects Hughes went after before had issues of playing time, being allowed to play their game etc. There were no between the ears issues. PLD is the opposite. That guy has got something going on in a motivational, work ethic kind of way. My guess is he will have a good season, but he isn't someone you can count on and for $8.5M and a top 6 role, buddy better show up every shift.

Edit: And the risk would be too high. Hab fans appreciate effort and know when players are just ragging it. Imagine a Quebecois , 6 foot 2 25 year old highly talented C skating figure 8s for 45 seconds then going to the bench , all game ? It would be bad.

Maybe they thought could do something with him? There's always a sucker somewhere.

Reactions: yianik

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

In two years:

Slaf-Suzuki-5OA
McGroarty-Dach-Caufield
Newhook-Beck-Roy
Gally-Kapanen-Anderson

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-engstrom
Struble-Harris
We have a ton of future picks in later rounds as well as redundant prospects that can be moved also.
The thing I like about Kent Hughes is he values every asset under his control maybe to a fault.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
For McGroarty I’d offer:

To Winnipeg: Montreal 1st round pick (26th overall, acquired from Winnipeg), Justin Barron, Jordan Harris OR Jayden Struble. Peg’s choice.

To Montreal: Rutger McGroarty

Winnipeg gets their first round pick back, and two young cost controlled defenders that play in the lineup right away.

Habs get a young talented forward for their rebuild.

Habs draft Cayden Lindstrom with the 5th overall pick. In a couple of years you have:

McGroarty - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Caufield - Lindstrom - Dach
Roy - Beck - Anderson
Tuch - Xhekaj - Gallagher

Guhle - Reinbacher
Hutson - _____
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Montembeault
Fowler
Dobes

That’s a lineup full of skill, speed and size that should be in the mix to compete for a cup once they’ve started to mature.
Is Newhook chopped liver?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
A McGroarty trade would make sense if Demidov/Lindstrom are gone. I could see something like Mailloux+26 for McGroarty which makes it easier to pick a dman at 5. It kind of reminds me of the Dach trade where we needed a center since we passed up on Wright/Cooley.

• Wow
Reactions: calder candidate

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
A McGroarty trade would make sense if Demidov/Lindstrom are gone. I could see something like Mailloux+26 for McGroarty which makes it easier to pick a dman at 5. It kind of reminds me of the Dach trade where we needed a center since we passed up on Wright/Cooley.
Mailloux:

RHD
6’3
220lbs

First AHL season:

14 goals
47pts
91 PIM

I’m sorry, but I’m not even trading that 1 for 1 let alone a 26th pick added.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Mailloux:

RHD
6’3
220lbs

First AHL season:

14 goals
47pts
91 PIM

Agreed, you do not trade RHD with clear top 4 for 2nd line player.
Overall, I had a feeling that a lot of US players are a bit overrated, especially that path of US NTDP- NCAA-NHL. Guess how many of top 40 NHL scoring players went that way. It is two- Quinn Hughes and Clayton Keller. If you go top 50, you can add Brady Tkachuk and Adam Fox.

Reactions: jrom and jaffy27

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
RD is such a premium position. Teams that have good RD don’t trade them and if they do, it’s only if they get an overpayment.

Reinbacher and Mailloux both have sick potential. They could be our 1-2 RD for the next 10 years. Don’t trade them short of an overpayment. Especially since they’re gonna be under team control for such a long-time.

Not trading either of them for some kid that wants an NHL team to guarantee a roster spot. Don’t want to earn your spot? You’re too good to come to training camp and prove yourself? Too good to get sent down to the AHL?

Mailloux payed his dues and is earning his spot. What kind of message would you be sending to your locker room by trading him for a kid who doesn’t want to compete for his minutes? Other than Slaf who else on this team never went through the AHL?

Reactions: HabzSauce

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

In two years:

Slaf-Suzuki-5OA
McGroarty-Dach-Caufield
Newhook-Beck-Roy
Gally-Kapanen-Anderson

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-engstrom
Struble-Harris
1. The Habs shouldn't trade RD. The surplus is on the left.
2. Why would a retooling Flames team want Matheson for Anderson? They would want youth imo.

Reactions: jaffy27

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
RD is such a premium position. Teams that have good RD don’t trade them and if they do, it’s only if they get an overpayment.

Reinbacher and Mailloux both have sick potential. They could be our 1-2 RD for the next 10 years. Don’t trade them short of an overpayment. Especially since they’re gonna be under team control for such a long-time.

Not trading either of them for some kid that wants an NHL team to guarantee a roster spot. Don’t want to earn your spot? You’re too good to come to training camp and prove yourself? Too good to get sent down to the AHL?

Mailloux payed his dues and is earning his spot. What kind of message would you be sending to your locker room by trading him for a kid who doesn’t want to compete for his minutes? Other than Slaf who else on this team never went through the AHL?
Suzuki Slaf Dach Guhle didn’t go through the AHL lmao

And give me a break about the message lmao, hockey is a f***ing business. Not to mention that you gotta give to get something in return

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mailloux:

RHD
6’3
220lbs

First AHL season:

14 goals
47pts
91 PIM

Yeah, moving him at this point could burn us like the Sergachev trade. He's got that potential. Let him play more NHL games so we know who what kind of player he is first.

He was very good in the AHL last year. So many fans are sleeping on him.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think the Caps are done. I can see them making more moves now. This is their move all in time now that they added Dubois.

Would Matheson, Savard, Jets 1st, get you Leonard? Caps are a bit tight on the cap now but we can take a 1 year cap dumb or retain 50% on Matheson. Matheson and Savard would fit nice with Carlson and Sandin in their top 4D.

Or do they think Leonard is ready now to start NHL and fills a top 9F role?

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

In two years:

Slaf-Suzuki-5OA
McGroarty-Dach-Caufield
Newhook-Beck-Roy
Gally-Kapanen-Anderson

Guhle-Andersson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-engstrom
Struble-Harris

Caps are probably not done now that they added Dubois. They got a 2 year window with some many guys expiring after that.

* Matheson fits very well with Carlsson
* Savard fits very well with Sandin

What would it take to get Leonard? Would they bite on both Mateson and Savard (50% retention on one of them) with the Jets 1st?

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The thing I like about Marc Bergevin is he values every asset under his control maybe to a fault.
I’m not so sure about that, when he and his coaches criticized their players in the media , they devalued that asset .
The new management however , do all the can to positively talk about every player and his asset and raise their value

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Savard and Mesar for Mcgroarty.

Or Dvorak and Barron.

I hold onto Orville and My You.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Caps are probably not done now that they added Dubois. They got a 2 year window with some many guys expiring after that.

* Matheson fits very well with Carlsson
* Savard fits very well with Sandin

What would it take to get Leonard? Would they bite on both Mateson and Savard (50% retention on one of them) with the Jets 1st?
I don't think they'd be looking to trade Leonard (could be wrong). I floated Lapierre and McMichael twice in the thread a couple of times and no one engaged, though. Seems like they're not enticing enough names to want to talk about.

I can see us going for Lapierre. Quebec lad, in that age range that Hughes likes, and maybe a potential replacement for Dvorak. I know we have Beck coming but I doubt he makes the team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad