HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
WPG probably looking for immediate help if they part with that kind of A level prospect, before the Helleybuck window close.

Pegs fan seems to say that they needs are 2C and top 4 RHD.

Not sure we have the pieces for him.

I could see them packaging him and a their 2025 1st round pick to grab a big fish.

They really need D that can move the puck. Only Morrissey could get the puck out or skate it out against Avalanche, they could have interest in someone like Barron. They already have his brother.

Dylan DeMelo is UFA and they haven't resigned him yet. July 1st is only 9 days away. If he walks, they're screwed because he was their #2 D.

They are really, really suspect on D.

Morrissey-Pionk
Stanley-Samberg
Heinola-Schmidt

Is their current depth chart. That's awful. I have to think they're going to try to get a young, RHD.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
They really need D that can move the puck. Only Morrissey could get the puck out or skate it out against Avalanche, they could have interest in someone like Barron. They already have his brother.

Dylan DeMelo is UFA and they haven't resigned him yet. July 1st is only 9 days away. If he walks, they're screwed because he was their #2 D.

They are really, really suspect on D.

Morrissey-Pionk
Stanley-Samberg
Heinola-Schmidt

Is their current depth chart. That's awful. I have to think they're going to try to get a young, RHD.
They need Matheson

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
MTL : Ghule + 2nd 2025 PIT
for
Utah : #6

Draft Lindstrom + Tig

Matheson-Reinbacher
Hutson-Savard
Wifi-Mailloux
Engstrom-Barron
Struble-Bogdan

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
WPG probably looking for immediate help if they part with that kind of A level prospect, before the Helleybuck window close.

Pegs fan seems to say that they needs are 2C and top 4 RHD.

Not sure we have the pieces for him.

I could see them packaging him and a their 2025 1st round pick to grab a big fish.

Mailloux for McGroarty is an obvious trade but i am not sure if it is worth it and management seems pretty high on Mailloux.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He’s the type of character player Hughes would love as well. I know he doesn’t want to sign in Winnipeg, but he’s captain material.
He does want to sign in Winnipeg.

It's Winnipeg didn't want to play him in the NHL right away once his season was over and thats why he wants out. Sort of like Gauthier

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yet another example of why drafting NCAA players is higher risk than drafting Russians. Especially for a Canadian team.
Who's the last high profile Russian to either not come over or f*** over a team like this again?

It has nothing to do with Canada, Winnipeg didn't want to sign him and give him a chance at the NHL level (like what Montreal did with Caufield and Hutson). So he lost faith in Winnipeg and wants out. This is all on Jets management.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It has nothing to do with Canada, Winnipeg didn't want to sign him and give him a chance at the NHL level (like what Montreal did with Caufield and Hutson). So he lost faith in Winnipeg and wants out. This is all on Jets management.

Yup, he doesn't actually want to play his junior year, but is feeling forced into it because Jets apparently told him they don't have room for him on the team. Lol

He would have to play in AHL. He wants to step in to NHL like other top draftees. This isn't about Winnipeg the city. This is about an inflexible organization that refuses to play young players.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I also think it's too much but the Habs are in a way at a point that the end result matter most than to get perfect value on a deal.
I agree for value , but 3 first pick for a guy that never played in the nhl is crazy. Might as well add something and a Matheson to get the thing we want whos actually in the NHL.

This guy is said to have "captain" aura yet can't even play for the team he signed for

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
As Murat Ates’ article states, Jets were ready to sign him, but McGroarty wanted to be guaranteed a regular NHL shift at end of the season into playoffs - WPG didn’t think he was NHL ready and he wouldn’t go to AHL

This is Cutter Gauthier all over again..

First it was buying out 1st year of ELC, now it seems the next phase has arrived, guaranteed NHL TOI
That has been Mtl’s MO with Cole, Harris and Hutson.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
It doesn't say he wants a guaranteed regular NHL shift but he does want to play in the NHL.
That's not unreasonable for one of the top propsects not in the league (11th on Buttons list, 14th on Wheelers). It no surprise that Lane Hutson and Cole Caufield signings were made based on them playing the end of their season to burn a year off their contracts. Same with Harris and Farrell.
Kapanen has a clause that he returns to Europe if he doesn't make the team.

All this said, Montreal is a team that will play him regularly in the NHL because they are in a different stage of competing than Winnipeg and they are very patient with rookies.
Look at how well they handled Slavkofsky. They are probably better at developing players in the NHL instead of the AHL (coach dependent of course).

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Which deal is the worst? Signing Kotkaniemi to the offersheet or having our dipspit GM deal it along with a second rounder for Dvorak? I could go either way on that.
Well considering Dvorak's contract expires next year while the KK one has 7 more years, I'd definitely rather have Dvorak.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Which deal is the worst? Signing Kotkaniemi to the offersheet or having our dipspit GM deal it along with a second rounder for Dvorak? I could go either way on that.
KK OS was just to piss off for Aho , literal child owner that got his ego broken because habs called him a broke boi who couldn't front pay up. Then got mad and asked to offer the moon to a 3rd center on a good day.

As for Dvorak , we all knew Bergevin was a moron for a decade . nothing new here.

At least Dvorak can play in the nhl while the golden goose was HS and now thinking to already buying him back lmao

Dvorak trade was bad but at least he can play and be traded with a fair contract

Reactions: BLONG7

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Well considering Dvorak's contract expires next year while the KK one has 7 more years, I'd definitely rather have Dvorak.
And his can be bought out for next to nothing. He still has a little mileage left before they cut bait on him or trade him for some other reclamation project. Dvorak walks after this year and the only thing he'll leave us with is an extra locker.

Of two bad deals we may have gotten the worse end of it. But then again we had the inferior GM of the three involved, so it worked out as well as it could have I suppose.

KK OS was just to piss off for Aho , literal child owner that got his ego broken because habs called him a broke boi who couldn't front pay up. Then got mad and asked to offer the moon to a 3rd center on a good day.

As for Dvorak , we all knew Bergevin was a moron for a decade . nothing new here.

At least Dvorak can play in the nhl while the golden goose was HS and now thinking to already buying him back lmao

Dvorak trade was bad but at least he can play and be traded with a fair contract
Both can play. They both play like shit though. Would you take Dvorak if someone offered him up? Why do you think anyone else would?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad