HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
This is insane and I can imagine few teams will avoid drafting NCAA guys. Could you imagine Slaf or Reinbacher doinv something similar and forcing move out of Montreal?
Reinbacher could have just said that MTL fans are idiots how they reacted to his draft.
Cutting the NCAA pools of player from your draft option seems drastic tho.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
The McGroarty availability makes so much sense for MTL. We have assets to deal with plenty of good young dmen and we need to improve up front. He also fits the age Hughes is targeting. It makes so much sense…
WPG probably looking for immediate help if they part with that kind of A level prospect, before the Helleybuck window close.

Pegs fan seems to say that they needs are 2C and top 4 RHD.

Not sure we have the pieces for him.

I could see them packaging him and a their 2025 1st round pick to grab a big fish.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
WPG probably looking for immediate help if they part with that kind of A level prospect, before the Helleybuck window close.

I could see them packaging him and a their 2025 1st round pick to grab a big fish.
WPG fans also laughed off Mony, but he probably ended up being the best deadline acquisition out there.

Chevy and Hughes have spent time on deals before so I wouldn’t brush that off yet.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
yeah, but there are 31 other teams who would offer "more" than 26th + Harris. Habs Mngmnt simply haven't understood how to "let go of prospects" to improve the roster... We have way too many prospects and picks rn, and those assets have to be used to improve the top 6. Mcgroarty is a legit top 6, young and pedigree.
So he doesn;t want to play in Winnipeg? quite frankly I dont blame him. unless CC and Hutson have anything bad to say about their national team Captain, I cant see why Hugo wouldn't offer what it would take to make that happen. Everyone penciling in Dach for next year, but he hasn't shown he can stay healthy for one year (ever), and all his injuries have been season ending.. insane to put faith in his longevity.
Isn't McGroaty a prospect himself?

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

McGroarty is a very good prospect but with 0 games in either the NHL or AHL. There's a price for potential and it's not exactly a 2C in the NHL.

Winnipeg has the problem of being now the only team (With Arizona gone) on every single NTC out there, even those with only 3 teams. That shrink their possibilities.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
McGroarty is a very good prospect but with 0 games in either the NHL or AHL. There's a price for potential and it's not exactly a 2C in the NHL.

Winnipeg has the problem of being now the only team (With Arizona gone) on every single NTC out there, even those with only 3 teams. That shrink their possibilities.
I agree in a way. Cautter Gauthier trade might be a example.

They would probably look at Hutson or Mailloux tho, not Beck and Harris.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I agree in a way. Cautter Gauthier trade might be a example.

They would probably look at Hutson or Mailloux tho, not Beck and Harris.

It is an example...but Gauthier's potential is higher than McGroarty, so a little bit lower...not a chance Hutson's name is mentioned and don't underestimate the value of Harris, he's the one with 2 seasons of experience at only 23 and improving in the big league, that has value for teams.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Matheson + 26 for Necas

And

Mailloux for McGroarty?
Pass on the Matheson deal. Best I'd do us one for one. Not adding to that especially when you take into consideration the team acquiring him is basically against the wall and almost certainly has to meet his demands, which sound like they're around 7.5 per season.

Necas has 2 seasons over 50 points and for some reason people like to think he's a 70 point player.

For comparison, Zegras has 2 60 point seasons and younger.

It's possibly Necas can be a more offensive player in a different system, but once you acquire him you have to sign him. Seems like he's looking for at least 7.5 per.

His dad is potentially an issue and an unwanted distraction for the team.

Necas apparently wants to be a centre despite sucking at it. Montreal already has a centre they're working with who can't win faceoffs.

I don't know what he and the Hurricanes organization are thinking, but I hope Hughes stays far, far away from that.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
watch HuGo send the jets back their 1st + Barron + Calgary 1st next year for McGroarty
and then move Matheson and Harris for Necas
and draft Biuim at 5.

yes, I had a fever dream
Totally acceptable outcome.

Could even go Dickenson at 5, would’nt change my mind about it.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It's time for him start using all these pics that he's gathered over the past couple of years into some young talent

Exactly.

Now is a great time to roll the dice on some young prospects ready to take the leap.

Necas has already scored 70 in this league, McGroarty has looked fantastic and has Top 6 upside for sure, Buium has potential to be Matheson on steroids.

It’s the types of moves when you look back 5 years from now you see these are what brought us to the finish line.

if he somehow grabs both + another skilled d, habs have a legitimate, high quality top 6

Gostisbehere could be a potential stop-gap D man for a few years while you wait for Buium to take the jump. It would be a downgrade from Matheson, sure, but sometimes you need to take a step back today to take two steps forward tomorrow.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Apparently Friedman on his 32 Thoughts podcast said the Caps aren't done even after getting Dubois and there's a bit of smoke there. I brought this up yesterday too and nobody really bit -- could Lapierre or McMichael be a player or two we go after now that PLD has taken up a top 6 role there?

It'd be similar to getting Newhook out of COL when Ryan Johansen pushed him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad