HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't think Markstrom is that good and he's old. Goalies, even young ones, aren't worth much in trades.
He's old? Thought he was 28-29? For a Dman that's not old.
He just had a career year, at 62 pts..............he is no Shea Weber in his own end, but the guy just had a great year, and has a ton of value, and his contract, oh yea it's under 5M........................

Reactions: 417

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I'm not sure Dillon will change much. Yes we do need steady defensive minded vets to complement the green core but Dillon is at the tail end of his career and is ideally a bottom pairing guy anyway. Would welcome him at a low price though, 2 years and 2.5M AAV or something like that.
We were talking Dillon to NJD, not to Habs. The context was that NJD is targeting LHD defensive minded D and we might have some pieces here :)

And I don’t see what they can offer that is interesting
Holtz or Mercer would be interesting pieces if you are building the trade aorund Struble.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I'm not sure Dillon will change much. Yes we do need steady defensive minded vets to complement the green core but Dillon is at the tail end of his career and is ideally a bottom pairing guy anyway. Would welcome him at a low price though, 2 years and 2.5M AAV or something like that.
I was talking about the Devils.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Devils looking for a LD and also some grit/size in their top 6 or top 9.
Xhekaj, Anderson, Avs 2nd
for
10th OA and Palat.

Both Palat and Anderson have 3 years left and Devils were rumored to want Anderson. Yeah, he had a bad season but so did Dubois and the Caps still believe in him.

Xhekaj and Anderson would bring in some size/grit and I think that's what the Devils GM is after. Not sure I would do this but walking away from this draft with both Demidov and one of Iggy/Catton/Sennecke/Eiserman is a good takeaway that balances out our depth charts very well.

Loosing Xhekaj would suck though. But the D group is still sound. It's kind of like the Romanov trade and remember, Xhekaj was a Bergevin add like Romanov. Who knows how much faith Hughes/Gorton have in him. I know I like his grit/size impact a lot but I also like a deep top 6/top 9 too.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He just had a career year, at 62 pts..............he is no Shea Weber in his own end, but the guy just had a great year, and has a ton of value, and his contract, oh yea it's under 5M........................
Are you talking about Matheson? You quoted a post about the goalie, Markstrom.

for
10th OA and Palat.

Both Palat and Anderson have 3 years left and Devils were rumored to want Anderson. Yeah, he had a bad season but so did Dubois and the Caps still believe in him.

Xhekaj and Anderson would bring in some size/grit and I think that's what the Devils GM is after. Not sure I would do this but walking away from this draft with both Demidov and one of Iggy/Catton/Sennecke/Eiserman is a good takeaway that balances out our depth charts very well.

Loosing Xhekaj would suck though. But the D group is still sound. It's kind of like the Romanov trade and remember, Xhekaj was a Bergevin add like Romanov. Who knows how much faith Hughes/Gorton have in him. I know I like his grit/size impact a lot but I also like a deep top 6/top 9 too.
I would take that gleefully and I'm a huge Xhekaj fan.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Kings strategy was spreading out talent over 3 lines with Dubois playing 3C with limited talent. I'm pretty sure that was not what Dubois had in mind when he signed.

I think if fans spend the same amount of energy criticizing him to digging into the context of us up/down play, they would come to realize a few things.

Excuses or context? Doesn't matter to me. He's not the type to lead a line by himself. This time, he is going to play with Ovi. I think the results change.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Caps win the cup this year and Dubois pulls a Kevin G... haha :naughty:

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Whalers Fan

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
for
10th OA and Palat.

Palat has NMC, so this is not happening. And there is no scenario in this galaxy where Iginla drops to 10, CGY is drafting at 9.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
for
10th OA and Palat.

I don't think it's enough.

I would drop both Anderson and Palat and change the Avs 2nd for Winnipeg's 1st.

I mean if they want Anderson absolutely and Palat agrees, why not not. But it's complicating things for not much imo.

Also, i would do it only if one of Iginla, Sennecke is disponible. Maybe if Catton is there, i would consider it.

Reactions: kinghock

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
They won’t give those prices for Struble though. In fact they just won’t trade Mercer
Sure, we would need to add something to get Mercer. But I gree NJD has no reason to let him go. They will sign a bridge contract and keep him with the team.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don't think it's enough.

I would drop both Anderson and Palat and change the Avs 2nd for Winnipeg's 1st.

I mean if they want Anderson absolutely and Palat agrees, why not not. But it's complicating things for not much imo.

Also, i would do it only if one of Iginla, Sennecke is disponible. Maybe if Catton is there, i would consider it.
Honestly, there wilkl be good players left at 10th no matter how it goes. Chances are we woul;d get someone 7th or better on OUR list.

Xhekaj or Struble (their choice) plus 26th for 10th and a 3rd rounder.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Honestly, there wilkl be good players left at 10th no matter how it goes. Chances are we woul;d get someone 7th or better on OUR list.

Xhekaj or Struble (their choice) plus 26th for 10th and a 3rd rounder.

Yeah last time KH move up in the draft, he took that pick and trade it right away and if that is happening, I'm 100% certain he would trade it again.

Having said that, 0 chance Devils would trade the 10th overall pick for a 3rd pairing D
It took Debrincat to get the 7th overall 2 years ago

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Filip Hronek, who just signed a 8 year 7.25M/yr deal with the Canucks a few days ago, was traded by the Wings to the Canucks for a 1st round pick + 2nd round pick, at the time he was having a career year with 38pts.

Sure, he was a bit younger then, but he like Matheson is far from a perfect Dman in his own zone...

I continue to repeat it, but the way some folks just toss Matheson aside like he has no value is complete madness.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
We were talking Dillon to NJD, not to Habs. The context was that NJD is targeting LHD defensive minded D and we might have some pieces here :)
Oh lol did not realize that. Yeah we are pretty much forced to move at least one or two guys this summer if we don't want to lose them on waivers so it might make sense to work on a trade with the Devils. Struble has exceeded my expectations but he's pretty much the only left side D who could be traded (Harris has zero value, Matheson can play either side and we have too few vets to begin with, Guhle and Hutson are obviously untouchable, and Engström we know too little about).

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
hope we get a shot at Laine.
big winger awesome shot.
great PP man.

need a creative deal to get him for sure
It'd be an interesting gamble for sure. Out of the names speculated(Laine/Zegras/Necas), I like Laine's upside the most by a mile. Just imagine if we trade for him and he pans out, we could have a 40+ goal guy to pair with Dach and we'd have 2 legitimately dangerous lines. Then add in an Iginla/Lindstrom to that line in a few years and we're cooking.

On the other hand he might completely crumble under the spotlight in Montreal. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out wherever he ends up.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
It'd be an interesting gamble for sure. Out of the names speculated(Laine/Zegras/Necas), I like Laine's upside the most by a mile. Just imagine if we trade for him and he pans out, we could have a 40+ goal guy to pair with Dach and we'd have 2 legitimately dangerous lines. Then add in an Iginla/Lindstrom to that line in a few years and we're cooking.

On the other hand he might completely crumble under the spotlight in Montreal. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out wherever he ends up.
2 year contract which is not life threating take the chance on a decent deal

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Are you talking about Matheson? You quoted a post about the goalie, Markstrom.

I would take that gleefully and I'm a huge Xhekaj fan.
My bad..............thought you meant our Dman Matheson..................coffee still had not kicked in.
Apologies.

690 are clowns
the question today is: should KH have tried to trade for PLD from LA
stop you idiots
Ya can't teach stupid eh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad