HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Demidov, Dickinson, Lindstrom, Buium.

First pairing Buium/Dickinson - Reinbacher will be good for a tons of years and they are better than Guhle/Hutson.

Demidov and Lindstrom cause they have 1st line potential

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005
Proposal: Wil Smith for Lane Hudson. Opens an opportunity to draft Dickenson or Buiuv at 5 if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
They traded Anderson because they didn't want to deal with the contract he wanted. Doubt they'd be interested now.

That was a different GM and a different scenario.

Like, I doubt they'd be interested in Anderson, but the same could be said when LA traded Kuemper to Arizona.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
That was a different GM and a different scenario.

Like, I doubt they'd be interested in Anderson, but the same could be said when LA traded Kuemper to Arizona.
Yeah, yesterday proves that bad contracts can move all the time if the GM can justify it.

"Maybe PLD can bounce back" can turn into "maybe Anderson bounces back" really quick.

For the record, I think a lot of things went wrong early for Andy last season and derailed it. I don't think he's worth his contract but I also don't think he's as bad as he was last year either.

That being said, if we could move him I would.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Proposal: Wil Smith for Lane Hudson. Opens an opportunity to draft Dickenson or Buiuv at 5 if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone.
Sure … what sport do they play?

They traded Anderson because they didn't want to deal with the contract he wanted. Doubt they'd be interested now.
CBJ beat writer (Aaron Portzline) tweeted after the trade to Mtl, CBJ had offered the same contract Habs signed Anderson to, but he wouldn’t sign, wanting instead to play out UFA season

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It is but you can't seem to equate how a balanced team with fewer holes leads to winning hockey.
That's an odd assumption. Couldnt be further from my perspective.

My goal from the moment we didn't finish bottom three in year two of the tank was to attempt to find a balance similar to what Vegas started with in their first season.

Mmmkay...

Not sure the relevance to the point that getting the top 6 right is both more challenging and more important, that's where we seem to hold different perspectives :dunno:
It's not going to work any other way we aren't miraculously going to attract star players until we find some semblance of quality throughout our lineup and start winning games. I guess you don't agree with my assessment that our bottom six SUCKS.

No, I don't at all agree with that.

In fact, I'd argue that our bottom 6 was better than average in the NHL. The issue is moreso that we have far too much cap devoted to guys playing bottom 6 minutes/roles.

Of course, it Depends a bit on how you'd classify which 6 forwards from last year were "bottom 6" (toi? Toi/go? Shifts/gp), but the players I'm talking about would include some mix of Armia, Evans, Gally, Dvorak, Anderson, RHP, Ylonen, Pezzetta...

~25M for those 8 players is a far bigger issue than their on ice impact.

oilers have less than 10M$ & Panthers less than 15M$ allocated to their bottom 6 & depth forwards

That's the issue more than anything else, and entirely a holdover of Bargainbin's poor roster and cap management... Precisely because he spent more time and focus tinkering with depth players than investing in improving the top 6

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Basu and Godin suggested that Christian Dvorak could be used as a bargaining chip to obtain Laine. The latter, who earns $4.45 million per season until the end of the next season, has become dispensable within the Habs. His inclusion in the trade would allow the Blue Jackets to not have to withhold salary from Laine's contract and free up an additional contract year.

Jul 6, 2016
Basu and Godin suggested that Christian Dvorak could be used as a bargaining chip to obtain Laine. The latter, who earns $4.45 million per season until the end of the next season, has become dispensable within the Habs. His inclusion in the trade would allow the Blue Jackets to not have to withhold salary from Laine's contract and free up an additional contract year.
Can Laine be worse than Dvorak ? I know Smiley Dvorak is popular among his teamates and was quite good on faceoffs, but otherwise…. I think a Laine-Dach-Toffoli (or Roy), could be a very good second line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad