HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Beggars can't be choosers.

If those other teams were interested then they'd be the ones calling Carolina.
Exactly how I see this and just said something similar.

Smells fishy to me. Why would you just not sign him yourself? Age 25 and you developed him. I think Necas is really pushing for a contract that is crazy. Stay away from this please.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
- disagree with your 1). Often trades aren't what the media are talking about. But again I could care less whether it's more like or not. It's not far fetched that it gets moved for a dman.

2) Fans if the Devils are replying to the rumor of 10th going for Matheson and 26 asking for Xhekaj.

3) Xhekaj may be too young for what New Jersey is looking for. But I still say may be.

4) - You could be right about 4). We'll see how Jersey fares over the next few years....

1) Nah, trades that get media attention regarding players or pieces that are shopped usually get the kind of pieces that are reported, its the specific pieces (or pieces that aren't really covered) that is different.

2) Its not a rumour, its a Mathias Brunet idea that does not consider at all what the Devils have or want. The thread on the main board is Matheson AND Xhekaj AND 26th. And the main response from Devils fans (and other fans) is Matheson is of no interest to NJ and Xhekaj is kind of interesting to some, but goaltending is the bigger concern.

3) Its not even that he's too young, its that Hughes (LD) and Nemec (RD) are 20, Bahl (6'6" 230 lbs. LD) is 23 and Casey (RD) is in the system. Plus Marino and Siegenthaler are 27 and still have term. NJ isn't looking at Xhekaj and thinking that what they need more than anything is a D-man that hasn't even averaged 16 minutes a night. Devil's started rebuilding before Bergevin's "retool", they're pretty well stocked on both youth and potential, they're ready to compete now.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Find it hilarious how Carolina has so much to take care of in the next few weeks and they don't even have their GM situation resolved.

Skjei, Pesce, Chatfield, Guentzel, Teravainen, Martinook and Noesen are all UFAs soon, as well Necas, Jarvis and Drury need new contracts.

It sounds like they are talking to external candidates like Kekalainen so there is a chance their next GM won't be someone already there. If they end up hiring someone external, their new GM is walking into a stressful position to try and sort out a lot of major decisions in little time. On top of that they'll have Dundon trying to get involved in decision making as well.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
How about they keep the picks and prospects and bring back toast man.

Slaf-Suzuki-Newhook/Roy
Monahan-Dach-Caufield

Draft top D

:teach:

Can't wait for this f***ing guy to be traded.

The new Dubois lol

8sx8hy.jpg

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Maybe, but I don't know many teams that could afford him or think they would even sign with them if traded there.
Zegras would be very attractive to a team that is tight on cap space. His cap hit is only 5.75 M for 2 years, which is around what an average 2nd line player makes. Keep in mind the average NHL salary next year is expected to be 4 million.

Reactions: Goalfield13

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
My issue with Zegras is why Anaheim doesn't want him. They are rebuilding, hes very young and flashy. Unless he really wants out which was never heard , i feel like there is a big red flag
Zegras and Necas are not getting dealt to the Habs anyways. It's better to go the UFA route and try to sign a Monahan or Toffoli again. Then, trade them again for more futures....lol...Another Dach/Newhook will be traded at the draft. We just don't know who and neither do these so called insiders.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Zegras would be very attractive to a team that is tight on cap space. His cap hit is only 5.75 M for 2 years, which is around what an average 2nd line player makes. Keep in mind the average NHL salary next year is expected to be 4 million.
And to think 98% of the population will never touch that kind of money in their lifetime. Avg salary in QC is $50k.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
There’s a decent chance that 2 defencemen will come off the board after the 1OA selection — we’ve got a shot at one of Lindstrom and Demidov. Someone wants that pick, they’re going to have to bleed.

I fully expect 1 of Lindstrom/Demidov to be available now, especially after Dickinson's performance with Memorial Cup. That said, yes, it would cost a LOT for anyone to swap picks with us. Even dropping just 1 spot, I would ask for a boatload.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Zegras and Necas are not getting dealt to the Habs anyways. It's better to go the UFA route and try to sign a Monahan or Toffoli again. Then, trade them again for more futures....lol...Another Dach/Newhook will be traded at the draft. We just don't know who and neither do these so called insiders.
very well could be.
then the habs use the peg pick and no trade is made I guess?
I feel a trade will happen, maybe not these 2 guys

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My issue with Zegras is why Anaheim doesn't want him. They are rebuilding, hes very young and flashy. Unless he really wants out which was never heard , i feel like there is a big red flag
McGuire on 690 just now was asked who he’d target between Zegras and Necas and he chose the latter hands down.

Asked why, he raised two strong points in favor of Necas but then, when it came time to differentiate Zegras, McGuire cut it short with “there are things I know that I’m not comfortable talking about.”

McGuire is a drama queen who all too often sugar coats — he usually finds something positive to say just about any player. However, this sounded particularly ominous.

I saw a videocast about a month ago where Gorton was on with McGuire and where the latter mentioned that he and Gorton talk regularly, so whatever this was, Gorton will be aware.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
McGuire on 690 just now was asked who he’d target between Zegras and Necas and he chose the latter hands down.

Asked why, he raised two strong points in favor of Necas but then, when it came time to differentiate Zegras, McGuire cut it short with “there are things I know that I’m not comfortable talking about.”

McGuire is a drama queen who all too often sugar coats — he usually finds something positive to say just about any player. However, this sounded particularly ominous.

I saw an videocast about a month ago where Gorton was on with McGuire and where the latter mentioned that he and Gorton talk regularly, so whatever this was, Gorton will be aware.
he is a drama dude for sure. he bashes a name and then zip.. tool

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Oh I know , dont want to overpay for any of them. Id rather stay on the course and wait another year until our Bergevin contracts are almost all up.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

I saw an videocast about a month ago where Gorton was on with McGuire and where the latter mentioned that he and Gorton talk regularly, so whatever this was, Gorton will be aware.
McGuire also went on to say he’d pick Iginla followed by Eiserman even if Demidov & Lidstrom were available

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

At least so far it was not the MO of this management team. We don't have much to chew on but a good idea if we combine with some of Gorton's history with NYR.

They seems to go after potential stuck in a bad position to pay a lower price.

We shouldn't be looking at the 50+ points guys like Necas and Zegras cause I'm pretty sure they are looking at the young players with 25-30pts able to put up that 50+pts but are stuck in a position.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad