HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Maybe not such a bad idea, if he makes it to UFA status.
Offer him the same amount other teams will offer but for 2 years instead of 3.
That will give their 5OA pick time to mature.
Reunite him with Dach on another original 6 team.

Don't let all that cap space go to waste.
Kane would have no interest in Montreal and did he and Dach work with Chicago?

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
If not Necas, i would really like Habs to sign my Monahan guy. He's such a good fit; puts points and a good mentor for the young guns. He would have a good influence on Roy, Dach and on Demidov or Iginla

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Absolutely. Unfortunately the deeper you go in the playoffs the harder in gets to manufacture scoring chances it just becomes a grind fest. You need horses that can play a heavy game and suffocate. The D we had the year we went to finals was an absolute nightmare to play against. I would take my chances and keep someone like Xhekaj, he can develop into an absolute unicorn for us. He was really good after he got back up from ahl and I think he will only get better, still so young for a defenseman.
Indeed.
Reminds me of the Suzuki talk before last season.
What Arber has accomplished in the limited time spent playing at an elite level is incredible.
Why would anyone think a Dman of his age in those circumstances is a finished product? :dunno:
I don't know what Xhekaj's ceiling is but I'm positive he hasn't reached it yet.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I mean he chose the Red Wings last year.

Not saying he'd ever come here but if he was contender or bust, I think he would have chosen a different team than Detroit. Just saying.
True. Either he thought Detroit was a contender or he didn't care. If he is willing to sign with a team and go to a contender at the deadline he might sign with Montreal. But if a contender offers him a deal now he will probably go there.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
If Zegras and Necas are off the menu then maybe it's Laine time.

We could have a massive 2nd line of Laine-Dach-Lindstrom that play a combined total of 15 games per season!

In all seriousness though, I hope Hughes inquires on him to see where Columbus stands.
They only need to play 16 games. Mark Stone Memorial line.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Trade 1 but only happens after Trade 2 is approved by the Devils
* Flames 1st
* Jets 1st
* B prospect add or Avs 2nd.
for
* Markstrom

Trade 2:
* Markstrom at 50% retention
* B prospect add potentially
for
10th OA

Draft Iggy 5th. Then see who drops to 10th. Don't like who drops? Trade 10th OA for Zegras.

We don't trade any of our D to make this happen and we walk away with Iggy and Zegras or one of Catton/Eiserman/Sennecke.
What in the f***!?!?

Markstrom doesn't even fetch a single 1st in my mind. Holy crap. At most he's worth Avs 2nd + B prospect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What in the f***!?!?

Markstrom doesn't even fetch a single 1st in my mind. Holy crap. At most he's worth Avs 2nd + B prospect.

I think mine is at the absolute high and and you went absolute low. Markstrom due to supply/demand, is going to cost more than what you think. Truth is likely in the middle.

It ends up being Jets and Flames 1st with a 2nd to get the 10th OA. You are overlooking this idea because your caught on Markstrom.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean he chose the Red Wings last year.

Not saying he'd ever come here but if he was contender or bust, I think he would have chosen a different team than Detroit. Just saying.

Many teams who were real contenders had cap issues. I think this is why he picked the Wings who were expected to rise in the standings.

Cap grew a bit so I do see him signing with a team who has a real shot at the playoffs. The cap tight seasons are about to loosen a bit.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think mine is at the absolute high and and you went absolute low. Markstrom due to supply/demand, is going to cost more than what you think. Truth is likely in the middle.

It ends up being Jets and Flames 1st with a 2nd to get the 10th OA. You are overlooking this idea because your caught on Markstrom.
In the 10th overall thread even Flames fans are recognizing Markstrom won't be the main piece to get that pick, but you're arguing Markstrom + B prospect gets it done? No chance.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't consider them top forwards. I think both are a little overrated to be honest.

This is fair.

Necas scares me. He's trended well right up to that critical spot after his bridge and wants a big contract. Cost to acquire in a trade and cost of contract are too high for me. You don't have the ability to add him as a RFA and then sign him to a bridge like Dach and Newhook. He's a bit more established and in his prime. Is he a real top 6F talent? I have my doubts on that. My gut tells me his a very good middle 6F (higher end of this waive like Newhook) but wants to be paid like Suzuki.

Zegras's value is not as high after his rough season. It's still not that low but I do think he helps our team but not with grit. At least with Zegras, you trade for his 2 year bridge left and you get to see him on our roster before you commit to the longer contract (like Necas).

I'd be somewhat interested in Zegras but not Necas. It has to be a trade we can afford though

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In the 10th overall thread even Flames fans are recognizing Markstrom won't be the main piece to get that pick, but you're arguing Markstrom + B prospect gets it done? No chance.

You're overlooking the main point again because your getting caught in the weeds. Stuck on Markstrom and zero talk about the retention which the Devils would be interested in big time.

Break down the same strategy but with your trade valuations in it. Lets me nit pick you like the paper boy in Ski School chasing people around for his $2. ;)

Reactions: themilosh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad