HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
It wasn't us - they didn't want him that badly in the first place. They weren't taking that contract on and pay him more than Suzuki as a troublesome player.

I listened to the episode. It's clearly speculation from Friedman. I doubt we would try to trade for PLD at 8.5m when Hughes & Gorton are trying to sell Slafkovsky on signing on a deal in the same range as Suzuki & Caufield.​

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I see him having a similar impact like Shane Doan. Very valuable piece in a team. Don’t know what it will take but I hope they will do what it take
Doan was a loser. A good player but a loser.

It wasn't us - they didn't want him that badly in the first place. They weren't taking that contract on and pay him more than Suzuki as a troublesome player.
True. Highly unlikely Hughes would be interested in a player being dumped with that contract.

Last edited:

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Habs but my guess is they asked that the Kings to retain a good chunk of his salary.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I get a kick out of the media, every time their is a Quebec born player involved, the habs want him!! LOL Elliot said last year, 95% sure, PLD goes to Montreal...............LOL
The guy knows nothing that is going on in Montreal......nothing.
Let PLD enjoy the DC area now, instead of Hollywood.

Reactions: Runner77 and 417

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

McGroarty has decided to go back for 3rd year at Univ of Michigan- played w Fantilli

I would stay away from players under 25 who don't want to go to Winnipeg for obvious none hockey related reasons. The Jets have a good record at developing young players. Once you're proven, then pack your stuff and go wherever you want as a UFA...

Reactions: Deebs

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I see him having a similar impact like Shane Doan. Very valuable piece in a team. Don’t know what it will take but I hope they will do what it take
I'm pretty sure it will take a lot more than people think.
He's considered one of the best prospects around the league.

I can see a team like New Jersey offering 10 OA for him.

Reactions: Vachon23

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I think we should be all over McGroarty. He is NHL ready even if he told Winnipeg he wants to go back for a 3rd year. That desire can change. The Habs have plenty of players and a GM/Coach that likely knows him well. He is that top 6-9 winger we need. And the kid has a big personality, loves attention, which we know is needed to play in Montreal.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I think we should be all over McGroarty. He is NHL ready even if he told Winnipeg he wants to go back for a 3rd year. That desire can change. The Habs have plenty of players and a GM/Coach that likely knows him well. He is that top 6-9 winger we need. And the kid has a big personality, loves attention, which we know is needed to play in Montreal.
I'd tell this entitled beotch to shut his mouth, sign a contract with the team that drafted him and make a name for himself. I'm sick of these types of athletes, in every sport.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
31 teams will be all over it if he is truly available. High demand high cost.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Matheson would un-contend a contender instantly upon acquisition.

I don't think some of you people truly appreciate just how bad he is. But I ultimately admire your optimism.
Maybe some people over value Matheson but right now I would say he is truly under appreciated... Calling him bad and would un-contend a contender is a wild over correction... Which contender could not use a top 4 D (elite skater that move the puck, isn't small and just turn 30) at under 5M$ for the next 2 years? Looking at the playoff I see that teams are just stack with Norris and Hart caliber D, Kulak, Ceci, Nurse, Ekhlom, Forsling, Ekman-Larsson, Kulikov, Reilly, Miller, Orlov, Skjei, Girard and Schmidt, not sure all of these guy are all vastly superior to Matheson and even if they are, they probably have worst contract situation or past their prime for the next 2 seasons...
I'll know/agree Matheson isn't perfect but he could still play top4 on almost if not all team playoff even before you factor is contract which is extremly valuable for a team contending for the next 2 season...

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I'd tell this entitled beotch to shut his mouth, sign a contract with the team that drafted him and make a name for himself. I'm sick of these types of athletes, in every sport.
You've made a very big assumption. One belief is that Winnipeg is annoyed he wanted to return to Michigan and need help now which is why he is available.
Also with your thinking then we would have said no to Adam Fox and Cutter Gauthier too? Just because, principles.
Aho signed an offer sheet with us...do these apply too?

Last edited:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If we draft Lindstrom/Demidov at 5 fridya

I would sincerely overpay for McGroarty and i don't f***ing care. 26OV + Flames 1st 2025 + another plethora of picks i dont f***ing care.

Starting 2025 with Slafkovsky, Suzuki, Caufield, McGroarty, Dach, Demidov, Newhook, Beck... hutson, reinbacher, matheson, guhle, xhekaj, mailloux.

That would sincerely be fuxking cjrist exciting.

Reactions: Dutronc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad