HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I wonder how many trades might be made around the league this weekend now that the season extends another 3 days
Contracts that end, end on July 1st regardless. I don't know why you think it makes any difference.

The only difference I can think of, is on the buyout window for players below a certain age.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
32 Thoughts :

Jets are exploring trading Rutger McGroarty.

I hope we are f***ing in on it.

Friedman is just 2 weeks late on me...I called it 2 weeks ago right here and was called an idiot for thinking he might be available.

As I said back then, his refusal to sign after his fantastic ncaa season was telling, he dont want to go to Winnipeg and wait until he is ufa.

But yes, Thats the kind of trade KH should be all over

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Don't think the feet fit what we want to achieve.
Well skating certainly is not his cup of tea but the man has size, good hands around the net, good offensive flair, brings a certain element of physicality. Would be a great add to our top 6 in my opinion.

Is Mailloux for him an overpayment?
Fair deal imo, but the front office appear pretty high on Mailloux.

Slaf-Suzuki-Demidov
McGroarty-Dach-Caufield

That’s a top 6 I would be really confortable with a good mix of everything
Man oh man.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Well skating certainly is not his cup of tea but the man has size, good hands around the net, good offensive flair, brings a certain element of physicality. Would be a great add to our top 6 in my opinion.
His skating has improve though and he’s the style of personality they would like to bring

Reactions: Jaynki

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Friedman is just 2 weeks late on me...I called it 2 weeks ago right here and was called an idiot for thinking he might be available.

As I said back then, his refusal to sign after his fantastic ncaa season was telling, he dont want to go to Winnipeg and wait until he is ufa.

But yes, Thats the kind of trade KH should be all over
Maybe he is just not interested to play in Canada.

Reactions: dinodebino

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
32 Thoughts :

Jets are exploring trading Rutger McGroarty.

I hope we are f***ing in on it.
I'm real bullish on that kid, he has the potential to be an excellent top 6 player. I don't know how interested he is in playing for another canadian team, but I'd make an offer for sure. He's ready for the next step.

Reactions: Jaynki

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
His skating has improve though and he’s the style of personality they would like to bring

100% agree. Although he is not a sexy skater. He has a good shot and plays with an edge and is also pretty good around the net. He brings a lot of things we could use.

Mailloux for McGroarty would create a hole at RD but maybe we could dangle 26OV + Flames 1st 2025? Thats pretty good value for a player that don't project as a top liner imo. Could the Jets fetch more for him?

They got to make sure he's interested to sign with the Habs first though.

There were rumors he wants to play for Chicago.

I guess it will be part of the process

I'm real bullish on that kid, he has the potential to be an excellent top 6 player. I don't know how interested he is in playing for another canadian team, but I'd make an offer for sure. He's ready for the next step.
100% agree

What do you think his ceiling is ?

Personally, i view him as a complementary top six player who brings versatility, offensive acuity around the net, good shot and an edge in his game. I don't think we are speaking about a top 50 scorer in the league but a nice piece we could certainly use

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
100% agree

What do you think his ceiling is ?

Personally, i view him as a complementary top six player who brings versatility, offensive acuity around the net, good shot and an edge in his game. I don't think we are speaking about a top 50 scorer in the league but a nice piece we could certainly use
A bigger Sam Bennett I'd say, something in that vein. 40 points, heart and soul type. You can put him with any mix of offensive players and he'll find a way to help you.

Reactions: Dutronc and Jaynki

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
100% agree. Although he is not a sexy skater. He has a good shot and plays with an edge and is also pretty good around the net. He brings a lot of things we could use.

Mailloux for McGroarty would create a hole at RD but maybe we could dangle 26OV + Flames 1st 2025? Thats pretty good value for a player that don't project as a top liner imo. Could the Jets fetch more for him?

I guess it will be part of the process
I see him having a similar impact like Shane Doan. Very valuable piece in a team. Don’t know what it will take but I hope they will do what it take

Reactions: Dutronc and Jaynki

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If we can draft Demidov/Lindstrom at 5, and acquire McGroarty with picks example 26OV + 2025 Flames 1st.

Pretty much every piece would be in place.

We would be one season away from having all these guys in the line-up and all of our already young core would start to be young veteran.

A bigger Sam Bennett I'd say, something in that vein. 40 points, heart and soul type. You can put him with any mix of offensive players and he'll find a way to help you.

That would be fantastic and i think our offense would be set with RM and Demidov/Lindstrom at 5.

I see him having a similar impact like Shane Doan. Very valuable piece in a team. Don’t know what it will take but I hope they will do what it take

Good comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad