HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I think Hugues wants to trade for a more known commodity than Dach and Newhook were.

I think Farabee would make sense and would probably be cheaper to acquire than Necas.

His contract is pretty decent to.
A more known commodity will cost far too much unless Hughes can find and idiot GM out there.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Matheson + 26OA for 10OA is a deal I'd consider* because there will be a very interesting prospect there at 10... but losing Matheson's 50-60pts from the back-end would be painful... and free agent options are few and far between.

*I think the value seems too skewed toward NJD tbh, Matheson would cost a 1st+ in any other circumsance.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I had wondered if Guhle would be the price for Zegras as he seemed to fit what Anaheim and Verbeek would want, so no surprise to hear rumours of him or Reinbacher being the ask for Zegras. That price is too high for me, as is the 5th OA pick, though that ask is reasonable.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Matheson + 26OA for 10OA is a deal I'd consider* because there will be a very interesting prospect there at 10... but losing Matheson's 50-60pts from the back-end would be painful... and free agent options are few and far between.

*I think the value seems too skewed toward NJD tbh, Matheson would cost a 1st+ in any other circumsance.
I'm not sure Jersey would want Matheson when they already have Hughes and Hamilton ready to run their PP and take up most of their offensive minutes. I think if they were offered a more defensively sound player, then they might consider it.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Predictions

Something around Konecny ~ Zegras
Marner to Seattle or Utah for a package
SJ will acquire cap dumps for futures

Don't see us trading for Konecny. He has one year left on his contract then is UFA. That's more send to Dallas, Boston or Colorado territory.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I'm not sure Jersey would want Matheson when they already have Hughes and Hamilton ready to run their PP and take up most of their offensive minutes. I think if they were offered a more defensively sound player, then they might consider it.
Very good point and they have Nemec at RD as a playmaking d-man too.

NJD wants goaltending and defensive strength and to start competing, CAR wants cap-space and to compete with this core, ANA wants to be tough to play against and to swap Zegras out for similar value back... there's Utah who want to make a splash, SEA who need some pieces, etc.

I'm sure there's a deal to be made somewhere in there, it depends if Hughes is willing to move Matheson who just had a career year statistically.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Very good point and they have Nemec at RD as a playmaking d-man too.

NJD wants goaltending and defensive strength and to start competing, CAR wants cap-space and to compete with this core, ANA wants to be tough to play against and to swap Zegras out for similar value back... there's Utah who want to make a splash, SEA who need some pieces, etc.

I'm sure there's a deal to be made somewhere in there, it depends if Hughes is willing to move Matheson who just had a career year statistically.
I think he would move him if the deal works.

The only issue I have moving him this summer is, who comes into the lineup to eat some minutes. Do we go young, suffer the consequences and remain a lottery team or snag a vet as a patchwork solution? Lots of options

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
André Tourigny is apparently a big, big fan of Kaiden Guhle.

We pick Lindstrom at 5.

Trade Guhle to Utah for 6OV and draft Iginla.

Going out of the draft with Lindstrom and Tij would set us up for a very long time.

Reactions: Garry Valk

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Next year's cap could go up to 92- 92.5. By next year I mean for the 25-26 season.

It's Sunday morning and I got confused by my own words.

Maybe that was mentioned before.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I think Hugues wants to trade for a more known commodity than Dach and Newhook were.

I think Farabee would make sense and would probably be cheaper to acquire than Necas.

His contract is pretty decent to.

Farabee would be an excellent target.

Here’s what I think it would take though:

Struble + Beck + WPG 1st.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Dillion will go to free agency.

There will be a big demand for the depth players who play a playoff style game. Joshua is the poster boy for that.

- 32 thoughts podcast.

Toronto might also have interest in Markstrom, along with New Jersey.

Ottawa is in on pretty much every conversation around a goalie.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

There's no way I'd trade Matheson for 10th overall. That's a killer for the Habs D.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I had wondered if Guhle would be the price for Zegras as he seemed to fit what Anaheim and Verbeek would want, so no surprise to hear rumours of him or Reinbacher being the ask for Zegras. That price is too high for me, as is the 5th OA pick, though that ask is reasonable.
The ask isn’t reasonable. Everybody knows Anaheim is in a contract dilemma with Zegras. On top he’s coming off a poor season. They want a team to lose their mind like Blake did in LA last year with Dubois. For the love of god I hope it’s not Hughes. If we’re giving up blue chip prospects in any trade, it better be for a player that actually moves the needle for us unlike Zegras. We made this mistake with Gomez and Drouin in the past giving up great defensive prospects for these 60-70 point potential guys. There’s too much risk.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
The ask isn’t reasonable. Everybody knows they’re in a contract dilemma with Zegras. On top he’s coming off a poor season. They want a team to lose their mind like Blake did in LA last year with Dubois. For the love of god I hope it’s not Hughes. If we’re giving up blue chip prospects in any trade, it better be for a player that actually moves the needle for us unlike Zegras.
Zegras had an injury riddled year and is in a buy-low situation but if he was a Hab all along you, I, and everyone else here would be *dead certain* that he's on the cusp of greatness. Maybe he is or maybe he isn't going to get better but he *is* young and very skilled.

Compare him to Dach. How many of you would sell-low on Dach today? Not me. Guhle for Zegras isn't an unfair swap.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Zegras had an injury riddled year and is in a buy-low situation but if he was a Hab all along you, I, and everyone else here would be *dead certain* that he's on the cusp of greatness. Maybe he is or maybe he isn't going to get better but he *is* young and very skilled.

Compare him to Dach. How many of you would sell-low on Dach today? Not me. Guhle for Zegras isn't an unfair swap.
Asking for Reinbacher or Guhle does not put him in a buy low situation. And if they feel the same way we do about Dach about him, they should keep him. But I can promise you their management does not rate him that way.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Compare him to Dach. How many of you would sell-low on Dach today? Not me.

I think that virtually none of us would have planned to sell Romanov, but Hughes has better judgment, so far.

It's too bad Barron didn't take a step forward last year. That would really help the Habs' trade capital.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Asking for Reinbacher or Guhle is not buying low. And if they feel the same way we do about Dach about him, they should keep him. But I can promise you their management does not rate him that way.
Zegras for Guhle is an even swap: both teams are looking at the upside of their acquisition.

CHI didn't want to commit to Dach, it didn't make Dach any less of a talent with upside. ANA and CAR both have interesting forwards who have upside for more. To acquire them the interested team has to pay the right price... I suspect it won't be as expensive as PLD but it won't be cheap. I think Guhle (not Reinbacher) is a fair counter-weight, give or take a few spare pieces.

I think that virtually none of us would have planned to sell Romanov, but Hughes has better judgment, so far.
If we know the 13OA was on the table I think most of us would've sold it. Hughes' better judgement than us is influenced by his access to the league.
It's too bad Barron didn't take a step forward last year. That would really help the Habs' trade capital.
It was worth a try, I suppose. Thankfully we have a lot of middling d-men, one of them is bound to turn into a good tradable NHLer.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Zegras for Guhle is an even swap: both teams are looking at the upside of their acquisition.

CHI didn't want to commit to Dach, it didn't make Dach any less of a talent with upside. ANA and CAR both have interesting forwards who have upside for more. To acquire them the interested team has to pay the right price... I suspect it won't be as expensive as PLD but it won't be cheap. I think Guhle (not Reinbacher) is a fair counter-weight, give or take a few spare pieces.

If we know the 13OA was on the table I think most of us would've sold it. Hughes' better judgement than us is influenced by his access to the league.

It was worth a try, I suppose. Thankfully we have a lot of middling d-men, one of them is bound to turn into a good tradable NHLer.
Guhle for Zegras is not even and it won’t happen.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Guhle for Zegras is not even and it won’t happen.
By all accounts Zegras is worth a lot more, yes. If it wasn't for his injury issues this year Zegras wouldn't be in the same sentence as Guhle.

This coming season is a huge one for Guhle, I'd love to keep him and hope for the best.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
By all accounts Zegras is worth a lot more, yes. If it wasn't for his injury issues this year Zegras wouldn't be in the same sentence as Guhle.

This coming season is a huge one for Guhle, I'd love to keep him and hope for the best.
I did this for two years with fans over Dubois. Not doing it again for Zegras. Fans like you wake up and choose pain because you’re impatient and see what you want to see. Zegras isn’t it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I think Hughes should hold on to his dmen. Injuries will make room and hopefully enough of them take a step forward this year.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I did this for two years with fans over Dubois. Not doing it again for Zegras. Fans like you wake up and choose pain because you’re impatient and see what you want to see. Zegras isn’t it.
I'm not desperate for Zegras. I wanted PLD (and Fiala) and any forward who is available and would improve the top6... at the right or fair price.

It has nothing to do with patience and everything to do with the fact we have a lot of D and at some point one or some of them has to be moved for an upgrade at F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad