HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
By all accounts, looking at what Car fans are expecting in return thus far... futures are not very high on the list, and I would then to agree that given that this team will want to fight its way back into a cup contention next season again, even if they sign Guentzel, they still have holes in their lineup and Necas is the obvious trading chip to plug one or two of these.

Lots of chatter here on Necas, but to me, MTL getting him is even more remote then getting PLD last summer.

Carolina could trade Necas to the Habs for a deal mainly involving futures, then they could use some of those assets to help get help in the summer or even at the deadline.

A contending team in Colorado last year traded Newhook here then turned around and used one of the picks to acquire a more proven guy in Colton.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Unless he becomes more than the 60 point player you suggest, when Montreal is ready to compete, he is a 3rd line player at 7+M, as they will require much better producers and all round players in the top 6. I would not be interested in him unless Carolina is desperate to unload him, which they will not be by all indications.
I'd be willing to take the bet that he can become a 60+pt player with us. He's finished with 71pts & 53pts the last 2 seasons, I don't know many 3rd line players who have produced that much around the league, never mind the Habs.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Unless he becomes more than the 60 point player you suggest, when Montreal is ready to compete, he is a 3rd line player at 7+M, as they will require much better producers and all round players in the top 6. I would not be interested in him unless Carolina is desperate to unload him, which they will not be by all indications.
He just turned 25 this year in 2024, he's not going to play on the 3rd line in the next 5 years or so just like Suzuki will not be a 3rd line center at 7+ in the next 5 years.

Look at the Panthers, the Stars, the Oilers and the NYR, how many 60+ player do they have in their top6? We only have 2 this season and only 1 last season!

We are bleeding for offence in MTL for the last 30 years, there is no way I'm not listening Carolina and their offer for Necas if I'm KH.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Carolina could trade Necas to the Habs for a deal mainly involving futures, then they could use some of those assets to help get help in the summer or even at the deadline.

A contending team in Colorado last year traded Newhook here then turned around and used one of the picks to acquire a more proven guy in Colton.
I wonder if Cirelli is a target for the Canes. They need a 2C and Tampa needs to shed salary. Tampa also have zero draft picks which Montreal has a bunch of.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I wonder if Cirelli is a target for the Canes. They need a 2C and Tampa needs to shed salary.
And TBay are surely interested in futures

Canes: Cirelli
Habs: Necas
TBay: Jets 26OA + Harris + Barron

Would that work?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
And TBay are surely interested in futures

Canes: Cirelli
Habs: Necas
TBay: Jets 26OA + Harris + Barron

Would that work?
I’d think the Canes would want a bit more than just trading Necas for Cirelli. They’d probably also have to send someone like Fast to Tampa.

Well, Necas wants to play center.
That might just be posturing by his father. I don’t really see him as a centre. Maybe when the Canes were struggling trying to find a 2C that they didn’t bother giving him a shot which rubbed him the wrong way. I don’t know.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020

While not impossible, this is not the norm. This is highly risky if you dont have the second deal already lined up. Newhook was dealt after Col got RyJo from NSH. This is not a good example

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I think it could work if you replace Barron or Harris by the Panthers/Calgary pick.
Keep in mind Brisebois said at end of season presser, TBay has no plans to retool, they’re going for it again next year - which tells me they’re looking for lower cap hit plug & play types to fill roster, providing depth they’ve been lacking throughout their lineup due to cap issues

Reactions: Egresch

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Keep in mind Brisebois said at end of season presser, TBay has no plans to retool, they’re going for it again next year - which tells me they’re looking for lower cap hit plug & play types to fill roster, providing depth they’ve been lacking throughout their lineup due to cap issues
What does that mean for Stamkos though? If they're going for it again and re-sign him, somebody's gotta go.

If he was signed, I'd understand that no changes need to be made. But he's the big wrench in it all.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What does that mean for Stamkos though? If they're going for it again and re-sign him, somebody's gotta go.

If he was signed, I'd understand that no changes need to be made. But he's the big wrench in it all.
Brisebois said he promised Stamkos he’d strengthen top-4D (McDonagh), and build out depth to make another run for the Cup to entice him to resign w TBay

Reactions: Egresch

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022

Probably Cirelli, Cernak or Jeannot. They need depth so any 3rd liner with good contract. Evans, RHP, Armia @50% could be interesting assets for them.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd happily trade Harris, Struble, Barron or Savard, whomever gets me what I want as part of a package for that top 6 winger.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd happily trade Harris, Struble, Barron or Savard, whomever gets me what I want as part of a package for that top 6 winger.
I imagine that package would have to be fairly significant if we’re talking about a top 6 winger and those are the names going back.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Anyone see JiC Friday? He put a poll Xhakej for Necas, yes or no. I made it to 3/4 of the show, but it was 51% in favor with 9000+ votes at that point.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Difference being that this time, the Habs actually would want to acquire PLD.

The links with PLD and the Habs were mostly fueled by the media, fans and his agent.

If you mean 'media' in the sense that they were reporting our interest sure because that the Canadiens wanted to acquire Dubois isn't a rumor. They wanted him.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'd be willing to take the bet that he can become a 60+pt player with us. He's finished with 71pts & 53pts the last 2 seasons, I don't know many 3rd line players who have produced that much around the league, never mind the Habs.
He might have taken advantage of the 2 first line before him in Carolina. He comes in 3rd line but the 2 other lines kept busy the 2 first pair of D, he face 3rd line and 3rd line D by logic. Canes are obviously a much better all around team compared to the habs. He have better pairing D with him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad