HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He might have taken advantage of the 2 first line before him in Carolina. He comes in 3rd line but the 2 other lines kept busy the 2 first pair of D, he face 3rd line and 3rd line D by logic. Canes are obviously a much better all around team compared to the habs. He have better pairing D with him too.
53pts for a middle 6 player is pretty good though.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Are the flames really going to go full on rebuild? With Weegar, Kadri, Huberdeau, Markstrom etc. I could see them trying to spin it back around fast.

Matheson + 26th for 9th?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If you watch him play, does he change the play by his presence enough that so he's the locomotive of the line and not the inverse. Is he a follower of his line or a leader?
Not every player does that and he's not going to be paid like a player who should.

I'm all about augmenting the skill and ability of our top 6. I don't want to see Joel Armia or Josh Anderson or Brendsn Gallagher in that role anymore.

Necas isn't David Pastrnak, OK, and that's why Pastrnak makes 11M/yr and and Necas will make 7M/yr~.

But it doesn't mean the former can't make the Habs a better team.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Perhaps but if you can get him for a cheap price you can try to work it out.

But im not a big fan of him . Id rather find a winger
It's part of the reason I don't want the Habs to go for him is that he's not going to be cheap with the cost to acquire, or to sign him, especially if it's 12 teams, or 16. Can't remember if it was half the league, or almost half the league.

Until he does it again, you're paying premium assets and a premium price for a dude who seems to be a 50+ point player.

Cirelli is a good player and has won, but he's a 40 point player that tends to be below 50% on the dot.

Maybe I'm being picky, but there isn't a real option I'd like to go for, as I imagine the options throwing around are all too costly for what they bring.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Im thinking Carolina will be looking for NHL ready impact players. I think Hughes is offering something like Matheson plus for Necas

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So to recap what we learned today:

- Seravalli thinks that Necas can be traded before Saturday. He says the front runners are Canucks, Flames and Blue Jackets.

- Pagnotta says that the Habs are now focussing on drafting instead of making trades.

Reactions: Scintillating10

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Apparently not, according to Basu.

Basu said they did right after the trade occurred lol. He reported that they were willing to go a little bit over the Suzuki and were going to sell him on marketing opportunities in the city. Now they didn't even want him? He's not making sense. Besides, he wasn't the only one reporting that the Canadiens were interested or holding talks. Hughes was interested and so was Bergevin when Dubois wanted to force his way to Montreal and Columbus. That's why he requested the trade from Columbus according to their beat writer. He wanted to sign an offer sheet and was pissed when Columbus made moves to make sure they had the dough to match.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Basu said they did right after the trade occurred lol. He reported that they were willing to go a little bit over the Suzuki and were going to sell him on marketing opportunities in the city. Now they didn't even want him? He's not making sense. Besides, he wasn't the only one reporting that the Canadiens were interested or holding talks. Hughes was interested and so was Bergevin when Dubois wanted to force his way to Montreal and Columbus. That's why he requested the trade from Columbus according to their beat writer. He wanted to sign an offer sheet and was pissed when Columbus made moves to make sure they had the dough to match.
No matter how we slice this.....................the habs dodged a huge bullet.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Apparently they weren’t that into him and never even made an offer.

Sounds like revisionist history based on what was being reported at the time.

Regarding an offer, I don't know (Dubois himself admitted that LA wanted him more than Montreal) but everyone - including Basu - said the Habs were very interested. They weren't willing to give up anything but futures, that is true, but that doesn't mean they didn't try to make it work. Furthermore, I doubt an agent as seasoned as Brisson goes ball to the walls at the draft like he did if he wasn't aware of Habs interest. He was clearly trying to force a move.

No matter how we slice this.....................the habs dodged a huge bullet.

For sure. Hell, I wanted him. But I think Basu going 'Oh they didn't want him' is cheap talk because he was reporting the direct opposite with a lot of details in the Athletic after LA got Dubois.

Reactions: BLONG7

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't know, I'm just saying based on a recent podcast he was categoric in saying the Habs didn't have interest and never did.

Like it wasn't an opinion or speculation.

Also I do remember a lot of analyst saying the Habs were interested but it seemed mostly based on Dubois openly twerking for the Habs.

But regardless, personally glad it didn't happen.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I don't know, I'm just saying based on a recent podcast he was categoric in saying the Habs didn't have interest and never did.

Like it wasn't an opinion or speculation.

Also I do remember a lot of analyst saying the Habs were interested but it seemed mostly based on Dubois openly twerking for the Habs.

But regardless, personally glad it didn't happen.

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to call you out or anything, just finding it weird that Basu is going on that direction now when anyone could pull up an article penned by him a year ago that directly contradicts what he's saying.

I think that was the truth was what ended up happening. The Habs were interested but not at any cost and weren't scared of pivoting if it didn't work out. But if they'd gotten him they would have paid him. This much is obvious. Not sure if this is something that team is feeding to I don't know, not look stupid after his bad year or something? But who cares? There'd have been no shame in being interested considering his profile and it's not like they were gung-ho and beat LA's offer.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oh yeah, I'm not trying to call you out or anything, just finding it weird that Basu is going on that direction now when anyone could pull up an article penned by him a year ago that directly contradicts what he's saying.

I think that was the truth was what ended up happening. The Habs were interested but not at any cost and weren't scared of pivoting if it didn't work out. But if they'd gotten him they would have paid him. This much is obvious. Not sure if this is something that team is feeding to I don't know, not look stupid after his bad year or something? But who cares? There'd have been no shame in being interested considering his profile and it's not like they were gung-ho and beat LA's offer.
Maybe the truth is in the middle, maybe there was interest but not at the level it was made out to be.

I always had the feeling Dubois/ Brisson were using the Habs to unsettle him out of Winnipeg and that would probably mean the Jets were going to tax the Habs as a result if they came calling, which was probably a game Hughes wasn't going to play.

It seems weird for an agent, while a player has his rights owned by a different team, be so focal about the desire for his client to play in a different city, its really unheard of if we’re honest.

Well actually, that's a common ploy in European soccer when players are trying to force their way out of a club, but in hockey? I can't remember that ever happening.

Anyway. That chapter is done.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
- Seravalli thinks that Necas can be traded before Saturday. He says the front runners are Canucks, Flames and Blue Jackets.

Yes Calgary yes, you guys shouldn’t tank, go get Necas he will help us get the 12th pick from you guys help you guys make the playoffs and from there who knows!

1717461316601.gif

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
It's part of the reason I don't want the Habs to go for him is that he's not going to be cheap with the cost to acquire, or to sign him, especially if it's 12 teams, or 16. Can't remember if it was half the league, or almost half the league.

Until he does it again, you're paying premium assets and a premium price for a dude who seems to be a 50+ point player.

Cirelli is a good player and has won, but he's a 40 point player that tends to be below 50% on the dot.

Maybe I'm being picky, but there isn't a real option I'd like to go for, as I imagine the options throwing around are all too costly for what they bring.
To be honest, id rather skip the names we hear lately and make a bigger trade for a need. I think we have enough draft picks to make that kind of trade.

Matheson is a good example. Low cost , coming from a good season offensively. If you can deal him with a good return you do it.

Reactions: Runner77

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
To be honest, id rather skip the names we hear lately and make a bigger trade for a need. I think we have enough draft picks to make that kind of trade.

Matheson is a good example. Low cost , coming from a good season offensively. If you can deal him with a good return you do it.

Sorry we need Matheson for another year. Let Mailloux develop more in Laval. Same with Hutson he may need a few months in Laval.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Could a team in the 10th-15th spot be interested in Xhekaj and 26th? The pick would then be flipped to Anaheim for Zegras.

I know that some (many of you) don’t want Zegras. Just want to know if the value is there.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
What if a team with a mid pick lets say between 11 to 15 calls and offers their 1st for our Jets pick and Owen Beck would you guys do it ?
For Sennecke? Absolutely.

Tho imo, I think the best way to acquire another high first would be to trade Matheson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad