HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
What role you see Necas playing on Habs?
at $7M x 7, I'd see him as the 1b to Suzuki 1a and vice versa (neither being a true stud C). This direction creates a formidable top 6 with two legit scoring lines, and a perfectly good winning formula.
I wouldn't sign him to more than $7M however, considering there are other ways to address the top 6

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
habs are not in need of an overpaid 4th liner who can produce 15 points a season .

We already have those in 2 lines of that and we want more? Physical is not the issue , we lack of skills and simply talent. Finding Jeannots are why the trade deadline exist , We should aim to fix our defense who is 1 of the worst of the league and to manage to find a real 2nd line because Suzuki can't carry everyone.

Because at the moment we speak, our opening roster is pretty much the same as the last 2 years.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
at $7M x 7, I'd see him as the 1b to Suzuki 1a and vice versa (neither being a true stud C). This direction creates a formidable top 6 with two legit scoring lines, and a perfectly good winning formula.
I wouldn't sign him to more than $7M however, considering there are other ways to address the top 6
I think 7 too much. Necas only averages 55 points a season with defensive issues.

Reactions: mdk

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don't disagree with that but they have to be good at playing hockey. I don't think he is.

Would much prefer to sign Joshua as suggested by @OldCraig71

But that's me, not a fan of Jeannot at all.
Joshua is a noticeable player on the ice, has talent is not shy when it comes to physical play, scored 18 goals this year and was good in the playoffs in the games I watched. He will probably end up getting 2.5 million a season and might stay in Vancouver but would be a good player to target if he hits the market.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Joshua is a noticeable player on the ice, has talent is not shy when it comes to physical play, scored 18 goals this year and was good in the playoffs in the games I watched. He will probably end up getting 2.5 million a season and might stay in Vancouver but would be a good player to target if he hits the market.
Is he a UFA?
Or do they need to trade for him

Reactions: OldCraig71

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Hutson has a unique skill set that could potentially make him a huge difference maker on a contending team.
IMG_9873.jpeg

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I find he's a terrible hockey player still living off th reputation of one magical year and above average pugilistic skills.

He's a bigger Michael Pezzetta.
He reminds me Micheal Ferland. Big physical forward that will drop the gloves and has enough skill to score 20+ goals. Unfortunately, injuries cut his career short.
I think Jeannot might be one more concussion away from retirement.

Why not bring Deslaurier back if we are looking for toughness.

Reactions: Dutronc and 417

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
If you look at some comparable.

Jeannot gets 2.65mil in TB
Anderson gets 5.5 mil in Mtl
Paul gets 3.15 mil in TB
Foligno gets 4.5 mil in Chi
Crouse gets 4.3 in Uta
Frederick was getting 2.3 mil in Bos and now UFA.

I think Joshua gets around 3mil for at least 3 years and staying in Vancouver. He was often the difference maker this year.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Nobody saw the Dach and Newhook ´s trade coming. I think it will be the same this time....A forward under 25 but it won't be Necas. And even less Kalyev who is very slow...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Feels like he can get a much better deal than that.

That would be a bargain based on the player I observed this season and in the playoffs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If habs swap Matheson for Necas, they still have a boatload of assets to bring experience on D.
What vet d would you target?

Do you think there are any vets that can play regular top 4min who will get less than 4.5M/year this summer?

I'd be shocked if he gets anything less than 3.5M/per on any deal he signs... Very surprised if it's less than 4M$ anywhere other than Van

Reactions: OldCraig71 and 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad