Confirmed with Link: Trade: Pierre-Luc Dubois to Washington for Darcy Kuemper… the trade is one for one

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Trading Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, and a 1st meant that Dubois would have to REALLY exceed expectations in LA for the trade to not be looked on negatively. Trading a backup goalie for the same player means that even if he's already peaked, you didn't sell the farm for him. I hope he's better for you guys than he was for us in LA, but I can't say I'm sad to see him go.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
BMac is a clown and this team is doomed to mediocrity for a decade at least.

Under no circumstances do I want to see Leonsis get the Nats.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

McVechkin

Sponsor
Jun 29, 2015
ugh.. lots of initial thoughts...
- Dont hate getting rid of keumper.. didnt like the deal when they signed it and it never worked out.
- Nervous about giving Chucks more of a role. Really like the guy and think hes a serviceable dude. Not sure he's a full on starter.
- that PLD contract is tough to swallow..
- what does it mean for CMC or Lappy? one to wing? or one on way out?

initial reaction is I don't like this.

Reactions: Block and Hivemind

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Crazy you have to defend GMBM by attacking me 😆
You’re being “attacked” because you’ve done nothing but make blanket statements and become an echo chamber of the same complaints, including the GM doing nothing. Now that the GM indeed makes a move, you still are in the thread responding to everyone saying how bad this move is. We get it, you don’t like the GM and don’t like the move. It’s ridiculous to be doing a victory lap over a move made on June 19th, before the new league year has even started. There’s A LOT of time left before the season starts for more moves to be made.

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
Who else was going to take Dracy and not take our propsects or picks? Atleast we got a young center who will play everynight for our backup goalie who has a awful contract.
Take his contract out of it and its a nice trade.
Buy him out. At least you can use some cap space for upgrades. Not taking on even more cap for a younger/worse version of Kuznetsov for another SEVEN YEARS.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
BMac is an idiot unless PLD can turn it around and give a shit again. Time will tell but this looks rough at the moment. I guess this at least gives Clay Stevenson the chance to make the NHL next season now. Darcy gets to go back west and PLD gets a fresh start...again. Hopefully we get 60 point PLD who plays a two way game not 40 point Kuzy styled PLD....woooo
For over 8 million he needs to be a 75+ point guy who plays some D. Otherwise he's just another bad contract.

Reactions: PlushMinus

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don’t really love the trade but Kuemper was really bad last year and would be a tough sell to get rid of.

I also anticipate one of Lappy/CMC being used in a deal to add another solid piece on the wing. Hopefully not Laine

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
So we can still go big fish bidding in FA for a winger. JG would like nice on his wing
Or a D. May depend on what they expect Leonard to do.

I suspect they bought CapFriendly and their STAFF so they can run Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis on the data to help them make future signing decisions and particularly in helping target other teams as trade partners. Should give them real insight to how desperate the Cap situation is for other teams in negotiations and help maximize deal making.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Hefty contract, but we can actually use him as a productive player. And he is still young and has a high pedigree (3rd overall pick). Darcy would have been sitting on the bench. Not a bad trade, for sure.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I don’t really love the trade but Kuemper was really bad last year and would be a tough sell to get rid of.

I also anticipate one of Lappy/CMC being used in a deal to add another solid piece on the wing. Hopefully not Laine
We need to stop lumping Jimi and CMM together.

I would be all for trading CMM for a goal scorer, and agree, not Laine. Konecny would be my top choice.

Can we go live?

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
You’re being “attacked” because you’ve done nothing but make blanket statements and become an echo chamber of the same complaints, including the GM doing nothing. Now that the GM indeed makes a move, you still are in the thread responding to everyone saying how bad this move is. We get it, you don’t like the GM and don’t like the move. It’s ridiculous to be doing a victory lap over a move made on June 19th, before the new league year has even started. There’s A LOT of time left before the season starts for more moves to be made.
I have NEVER advocated for such a god awful move. There isn’t a single reason you can call this trade a better move VS signing the lines of Reinhart or Guentzel. Or a move for Necas or Ehlers etc etc etc.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Ill step in and go on record saying i actually really like the dynamics on this trade.

Getting rid of Darcys contract weighs in a lot for me. He was washed up here (hope he gets back to form with a change) and just waste of cap space.

We added 3,5 mills of cap space while acquiring a 25 year old player who should be good enough for top6, 20+40. Upgrades the roster immediately. There was no free agent or trade target who would have been avaivable without giving significant assets and more cap space in short term.

And that comes with the risk we all recognize. It also comes with potential upside noone likes to mention. Dubois is very talented, and most of 25 year olds havent got it all figured out yet. Ill give him a chance before ill start throwing stones.

And what goes down if Dubois fails like everyone expects him to? Its a long contract for sure, but i have no clear vision what Caps
were going to look like after Ovie hangs em up. The vision isnt much of clearer now, but i think we atleast can see this move as some sort of line in the sands. We are putting a lot of our chips in the middle here. If Dubois succees here we dont need to go down the hard way, but can rebuild on the fly. If he fails, who cares about his contract years 4-7, as we are going to suck hard those years anyways.

Meanwhile he is an upgrade for our top6 for next year and ill just take that for now. Short term we get better. Long term its high risk high reward. Keep evaluating this trade year by year, i guess. And it costed us nothing atleast :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad