Confirmed with Link: Trade: Pierre-Luc Dubois to Washington for Darcy Kuemper… the trade is one for one

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I was excited for it at first but wary. I am more bullish on the move now after seeing articles on PLD and loving that we moved out a big $5M contract. 1C are hard to come by and PLD can be one.

No more Mantha! Yes on more trades.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Just listened to the PLD press conference and had a thought while listening to the French language interviews. I wonder if part of the calculus for this trade involved Jimi. Bringing in another French Canadian centerman who can hopefully provide a bit of mentorship. Obviously both guys speak really good English, so it's not the language issue specifically, but I was thinking that it's always good to have some cultural continuity for the young guys.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I was excited for it at first but wary. I am more bullish on the move now after seeing articles on PLD and loving that we moved out a big $5M contract. 1C are hard to come by and PLD can be one.

No more Mantha! Yes on more trades.
I think words are easy - every hockey player will talk about being excited to join a new team and how much they look forward to a fresh start or proving themselves. PLD has even said this before himself when he moved to the Jets and the Kings.

For me the jury is out until he gets on the ice - I have more faith in Mangiapane performing to HIS contract than I do PLD performing to his. At least Mangiapane has a good reputation for work ethic and heart.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think words are easy - every hockey player will talk about being excited to join a new team and how much they look forward to a fresh start or proving themselves. PLD has even said this before himself when he moved to the Jets and the Kings.

For me the jury is out until he gets on the ice - I have more faith in Mangiapane performing to HIS contract than I do PLD performing to his. At least Mangiapane has a good reputation for work ethic and heart.
Hopefully both.

At least PLD won’t feel the same pressures he did in LA. Which I’m not exactly thrilled to write — you want guys to rise to pressure — not whither from it.

But it is what it is. We will see.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad