Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
People here want to.But I would rather the wild have much depth as possible as long as the wild can. I think the Bruins gm would think that our d-men are to small and don't hit enough even though they are very mobile and very effective.

We have stay-at-home guys on the team and in the system. I think Sweeney would overpay for Dumba to try and recover from losing Hamilton.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
What does the Wild need going forward? Cap dump? Goal-tending? Picks?

Only real cap dump is Backstrom, but that's only for one more year and the current roster is basically set. So, moving an asset as good as Spurgeon, or Dumba, isn't worth getting free of Backstrom.

Center Prospects
RW prospects
High Picks (we have no 2nd/3rd rounders for two years or so

Honestly, it would have to take an overpayment. The staff (coaches and front office) love Spurgeon because he was their "find." Teams generally aren't willing to overpay for players of Spurgeon's size regardless of ability.

Dumba is the only potential dynamic backend piece we really have.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
We seriously couldnt give Brodziak 900k to stay? Pathetic

I said this in his trade board thread, but I'd bet Brodziak thought he could get closer to 2 million, so the Wild moved onto Carter. By the time Brodziak came to the realization that it wasn't happening, Carter was done.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if it was Brodz's choice to only do one year, in the hope that next year the market will be better.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So how are things with Montreal and Galchenyuk? Think we could swing a trade around Spurgeon/Pominville?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So sick of a certain Sharks fan saying Couture's value is Brodin+Tuch+..... Same guy who said we should send Tuch+1st for Thornton. I'd say the farthest we go for Couture is Granlund+Spurgeon+1st/2nd.

J22*

I said this in his trade board thread, but I'd bet Brodziak thought he could get closer to 2 million, so the Wild moved onto Carter. By the time Brodziak came to the realization that it wasn't happening, Carter was done.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I like Carter, but if Brodziak was willing to sign here, for what he got from the Blues, then Fletcher made a big mistake.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wonder if it was Brodz's choice to only do one year, in the hope that next year the market will be better.

Most teams don't like to lock up 4th line centers long term.

Dumba+Backstrom+Coyle for Krejci+Krug please
:sarcasm:
-Dumba +Spurgeon

So sick of a certain Sharks fan saying Couture's value is Brodin+Tuch+..... Same guy who said we should send Tuch+1st for Thornton. I'd say the farthest we go for Couture is Granlund+Spurgeon+1st/2nd.
Uh... no thank you.

Gundee1114

Aug 4, 2011
Minnesota
I'd do ?+Spurgeon+1st for Couture. Hell, I've wanted to do that for months.

However I'd rather have that ? be Coyle over Granlund personally.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
Tomorrow is the 4th of July! While it'll be a great day to celebrate our nation's independence from the tyrannical rule of the Brits, it's also a great day for big waves in the MN Wild organization.

GMCF likes fireworks on the 4th, so I'm guessing tomorrow is the day that Spurgeon will be traded. I'd like to see him traded for a young forward but I'm not sure which team makes sense after free agency.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Tomorrow is the 4th of July! While it'll be a great day to celebrate our nation's independence from the tyrannical rule of the Brits, it's also a great day for big waves in the MN Wild organization.

GMCF likes fireworks on the 4th, so I'm guessing tomorrow is the day that Spurgeon will be traded. I'd like to see him traded for a young forward but I'm not sure which team makes sense after free agency.

Havlat for Heatley, then Parise and Suter!! I still think Spurgeon gets moved before the season! not sure its tomorrow though

J22*

Coyle+Spurgeon for Stepan seems well received. Thoughts?

I would rather move Granlund instead of Coyle. Would love to have Stepan but doubt they could fit him under the cap this year.

Still hoping we can sign Stewart!!

Overpaying Granlund by at least 500K doesn't seem so insignificant anymore.

I don't think Fletcher has the cap space to come out ahead on a Spurgeon deal right now. It would be hard to get a player that brings better value than Spurgeon does at $2.67M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad