Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Okay. It was a silly proposal anyways cause Vanek and Koivu wouldn't waive their NMC's to go to old and declining San Jose. That itself makes no sense. If you want to discuss Couture for Granlund+Spurgeon+pick go ahead. After that there's really not much to talk about unless you'd swing a Pominville+1st for Pavelski deal.

It seems the Sharks re-build is over. Can't say for sure who they would be willing to move at this point.

Anyway good luck to the wild for the rest of the off-season

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Can't believe anyone would advocate trading young assets for Jumbo Joe. We aren't in win now mode. I want long term success, and Tuch plus a first or Coyle for JT would be organizational suicide. We are already topheavy enough.

Not one wild fan suggested either of those. It's the sharks fans that want that.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
So if we ended up trading for Okposo.. what would it be? Spurgeon + Pominville? Clears cap for us. Don't know on value, but he'd probably be cheaper because of contract demands?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So if we ended up trading for Okposo.. what would it be? Spurgeon + Pominville? Clears cap for us. Don't know on value, but he'd probably be cheaper because of contract demands?

They wouldn't want Spurgeon. They already have Boychuk and Hamonic locked in on the right side and guys like Pulock a couple years out.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
They wouldn't want Spurgeon. They already have Boychuk and Hamonic locked in on the right side and guys like Pulock a couple years out.

Then what would the + be on Pominville? Because one of Pominville/Koivu/Vanek has to go back. I'd be a little scared to see the +. (but it was from Eklund, so I understand the very low odds)

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I liked Leo, too. I was expecting we'd re-sign him, because he's a good mentor for Dumba. Oh well. Bit bummed about that.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
We knew Fletcher was going to be quiet during this free agency period. Doesn't have much to work with cap-wise. We signed Reilly, so that's good enough for me.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
This has to be far the quietest major NHL day we've had since Fletcher took over.

Trader Chuck has to be itching to the surface sometime soon.

He's taking care of needs - goalie, Granlund, depth, draft picks. No need to tear down what was working very well 2nd half of last season. As Minnesota mentioned, Reilly is a pretty sweet bonus prize, better than what a lot of other teams are paying more money for.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
For the life of me, I can't figure out why we keep Prosser around.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Prosser has gotten better each year, has some grit to him (more than anyone else on our defense, anyway, which is sort of sad) and can play both sides. Seems obvious to me why we'd keep him over Leo, if those were our only options. Leo is getting worse each year, displays very little grit, and is otherwise very similar to Prosser in terms of ability, besides maybe the first pass. But, Prosser's first pass has come a long way in the last couple years, so by the end of the contract, maybe they'll be similar.

I have always been a Leopold fan, and I think this.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
The thing about this free agerncy period, is that there hasn't been a single "I wish Fletcher had done that" moment. Dubious trades, and meh signings. Glad to be where we are at.

Prosser:
After the Wild acquired Dubnyk, Prosser was +10 or so, even though he ended the season -1. He was not bad going down the stretch, and even chipped in some offense.

The Wild keep him around because he wants to be here, knows the system, and is willing to sit for long periods of time, with no ego, and play for the team when called upon, and even have a fight or two.

For 600K, what is the problem?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Would it even be possible? Guessing your praying more than being realistic but my goodness would he be huge to land

Can't imagine San Jose moving him before Jumbo or Marleau and then what it would require.
I recently moved from NYC to the Bay Area. I just asked a co-worker why this week the Sharks seemed to go back to the same game plan, trade for a goalie, bring in a vet defenseman, and give it another shot. Why wouldn't they just rebuild already?

His answer was that the Sharks are terrified of rebuilding because they don't think the fanbase will be able to handle 3+ years of being bad. They don't think their fans are invested enough to follow prospects or smart enough to understand why building through youth is how you win. The team's ticket prices are high, and financially the franchise is doing alright, so it's just reload and try to get into the playoffs. And just keep doing it because you may get lucky.

I was a bit surprised because each year I just figure that its the year for the Sharks to rebuild, but they never do. Once he said it, I felt it made a lot of sense.

Anyways, that is long way of saying that the Sharks might actually entertain moving a guy like Couture if he wants out.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I thought Leopold was very serviceable here. Would have rather seen him back than Prosser, to be honest.

Being a mentor is a lot more than just showing how to position yourself on the ice. I think what quite a few of us thought that Leo brought that was different was he is in the twilight stage of his career and since he has had such a long career he has a lot more wisdom for off the ice issues that I think even someone like Suter cannot provide. I think of it as almost a father son type relationship that he has made with Dumba and several other of our young defensemen.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The thing about this free agerncy period, is that there hasn't been a single "I wish Fletcher had done that" moment. Dubious trades, and meh signings. Glad to be where we are at.

I wish Fletcher had fleeced Boston like everyone else has so far :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad