Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Russo has made it pretty clear that the Wild want to leave a $2-$3 million cap cushion. If true, then salary is going to have to be shed somewhere.

$2-$3M isn't necessary; Fletcher said on the radio this morning about being in the $1-$1.4M range. Still, looking at the roster, not sure how he does this without a major shakeup, which I wouldn't expect.

Backstrom would the cleanest, but we'd have to add a hell of an asset with him to get somebody to do it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Backstrom is impossible now, with Arizona signing Lindback.

Trading Spurgeon to fit Reilly would be a poor decision, IMO. I really think he goes to Iowa (and should anyways).
Spurgeon and Reilly don't play the same side on defense. Reilly is a LHD and Spurgeon is a RHD. It'd be more along the lines of fitting Folin in while giving Dumba every opportunity to succeed in the top 4.
Shawn Thornton ?

You won't be getting Coyle+Tuch for 35 year old Joe so let's just get that out of the way...

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Spurgeon and Reilly don't play the same side on defense. Reilly is a LHD and Spurgeon is a RHD. It'd be more along the lines of fitting Folin in while giving Dumba every opportunity to succeed in the top 4.

You won't be getting Coyle+Tuch for 35 year old Joe so let's just get that out of the way...

Never inquired about Coyle.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

You're making room for his money. The difference of Reilly at $2.025M and a guy like Leopold at $750k.

ChickenTikkaMasala*

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Zucker-Koivu-Vanek
Niedereitter-Haula-Coyle
Fontaine-Carter-Schroeder?

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgon
Reilly-Dumba

Dubnyk
Kuemper

So is this the right one?? or something like this? Sorry for the misunderstanding..

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
You've got Niederreiter and Vanek flipped, but that's closer. Fontaine likely stays on the right side too, and I doubt that Haula starts out at the 3C spot.

ChickenTikkaMasala*

You've got Niederreiter and Vanek flipped, but that's closer. Fontaine likely stays on the right side too, and I doubt that Haula starts out at the 3C spot.

Who is the favorite for this role?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Never inquired about Coyle.
Who were the players, I forget. Was it Granlund+Tuch or Brodin+Tuch. I know you made some ridiculous offer for Thornton.
You're making room for his money. The difference of Reilly at $2.025M and a guy like Leopold at $750k.
It looks like our options to trade are Pominville, Coyle, and Kuemper.... I'd still do Pominville to Washington for their 1st+Brouwer. Frees up roughly $2m and allows Nino to play on the 1st line.

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
And Fletcher says that's about it. pretty crazy there is like no turnover on the team

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Who were the players, I forget. Was it Granlund+Tuch or Brodin+Tuch. I know you made some ridiculous offer for Thornton.

It looks like our options to trade are Pominville, Coyle, and Kuemper.... I'd still do Pominville to Washington for their 1st+Brouwer. Frees up roughly $2m and allows Nino to play on the 1st line.

For Joe ? Tuch and the Wilds 1st

Brodin was included for Couture

Silly season is over though

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For Joe ? Tuch and the Wilds 1st

Brodin was included for Couture

Silly season is over though

Joe's 1-2 decent seasons left aren't worth Tuch's potential 7-10 or the 1st's potential 7-10. It'd be a deal around Koivu or no deal will be made. Christ, Kessel was traded for less and he's what we really need (elite goal scorer).

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Joe's 1-2 decent seasons left aren't worth Tuch's potential 7-10 or the 1st's potential 7-10. It'd be a deal around Koivu or no deal will be made. Christ, Kessel was traded for less and he's what we really need (elite goal scorer).

Didn't happen so it doesn't matter. Not that it was ever going too.

Sharks aren't going to down grade from Thornton to Koivu. Makes no sense for the Sharks

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Didn't happen so it doesn't matter. Not that it was ever going too.

Sharks aren't going to down grade from Thornton to Koivu. Makes no sense for the Sharks

Okay. It was a silly proposal anyways cause Vanek and Koivu wouldn't waive their NMC's to go to old and declining San Jose. That itself makes no sense. If you want to discuss Couture for Granlund+Spurgeon+pick go ahead. After that there's really not much to talk about unless you'd swing a Pominville+1st for Pavelski deal.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Can't believe anyone would advocate trading young assets for Jumbo Joe. We aren't in win now mode. I want long term success, and Tuch plus a first or Coyle for JT would be organizational suicide. We are already topheavy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad