Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I can't see a move that would be effective enough to increase our playoff chances. The Spurge injury hurts if he's out more then 1 game 2 max. An equal replacement would cost too much.

I may spark some ridicule but Prosser has improved over the last few games (although hes been beaten to a pulp) and being paired with Dumba the third pairing hasn't caused me near as many panic attacks lately. It's hard to find a simple, physical 3rd pairing on the cheap.

Right now IMO we don't have the horses nor do I see any available to make us formidable enough to make any noise in the PO even if we do make it.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I can't see a move that would be effective enough to increase our playoff chances. The Spurge injury hurts if he's out more then 1 game 2 max. An equal replacement would cost too much.

I may spark some ridicule but Prosser has improved over the last few games (although hes been beaten to a pulp) and being paired with Dumba the third pairing hasn't caused me near as many panic attacks lately. It's hard to find a simple, physical 3rd pairing on the cheap.

Right now IMO we don't have the horses nor do I see any available to make us formidable enough to make any noise in the PO even if we do make it.

LOL its the same team as last year that could have very easily went to the conference finals!

If the Playoffs started today and the Wild were in it, The way Dubnyk is playing I wouldnt be scared to face anyone except maybe St.Louis since they are kind of like the School Bully to the Wild

Last edited:

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
LOL its the same team as last year that could have very easily went to the conference finals!

If the Playoffs started today and the Wild were in it, The way Dubnyk is playing I wouldnt be scared to face anyone except maybe St.Louis since they are kind of like the School Bully to the Wild

The way teams are playing now it's not even a stretch to say the Wild and Kings get in at 7 and 8 and both make the WCF.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014

Basically we are the same team, It's that others have changed specifically the Preds, hmm I was going to say Winnipeg but they lost Perreault, Dallas is without Sequin, Anaheim has been terrible lately, not afraid of San Jose, Canucks, nor the Aves of course. Hah you've made me think, so IMO the only teams I don't see us beating without Duby standing on his head are the Preds and Kings, with the Hawks and Blues being beatable as long as we don't give them too much respect. I'd still stand pat unless Fletch comes up with a sound move without giving up too much. If only we can get in, we could be a tough out.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Basically we are the same team, It's that others have changed specifically the Preds, hmm I was going to say Winnipeg but they lost Perreault, Dallas is without Sequin, Anaheim has been terrible lately, not afraid of San Jose, Canucks, nor the Aves of course. Hah you've made me think, so IMO the only teams I don't see us beating without Duby standing on his head are the Preds and Kings, with the Hawks and Blues being beatable as long as we don't give them too much respect. I'd still stand pat unless Fletch comes up with a sound move without giving up too much. If only we can get in, we could be a tough out.

I'm not afraid of the Preds. The wild have made them spent time in their own zone. If they get back to they're game in October I wouldn't be afraid of anyone except the blues maybe.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haula isn't nearly as good this year, and Zucker is out, though of course he wasn't anything last year. Vanek needs to start potting goals like he has in the past.

As it stands now, we are a longshot to get out of the first round. It's highly unlikely that we can acquire anyone who can make a significant difference(well, Duby was that person, and we've done that already) in the playoffs unless we send multiple first rounders and prospects(i.e. 2015 1st + Tuch+ Lucia+) for someone like an O'Reilly(who I'm not thrilled with) or a Kessel(short term gain, long term cap pain). Even then, there are no guarantees that such a move will work. Look at the difficulty that Suter had in his first 20 or so games with the Wild, and Vanek continues to be a dubious fit here.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
At one time Minnesota was interested in Burmistrov before he left for Russia. He didn't get along with the organization. He's played okay in the KHL. Trade Haula/depth player for his rights?

JakeMcRenz

Sniping bombs
Nov 23, 2013
Barrie

I suppose I left this short on words. It was just a thought. My thinking behind it is, you get a decent offensive player in Jeff Carter and a better D man in Muzzin coming back for Phil Kessel who would flourish in LA with all the talent around him and Holzer who could help out as a third line Dman there and be pretty solid.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
I suppose I left this short on words. It was just a thought. My thinking behind it is, you get a decent offensive player in Jeff Carter and a better D man in Muzzin coming back for Phil Kessel who would flourish in LA with all the talent around him and Holzer who could help out as a third line Dman there and be pretty solid.

I think he left it short on words...why would we care what LA and Toronto might or might not do. ....LA wouldn't do that anyway

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Came up on the trade board:

Lucia for Dumoulin (from Pittsburgh)

Facts about Dumoulin:
23 years old
6'4'' 219 lb LD
Played at BC, and most of his pro career in the AHL, but has played 14 NHL games and has 1g 1a
Restricted Free Agent
Loses waiver exemption after this year

With Lucia being behind Parise, Zucker and Nino on the left side, and Olofsson likely 2ish years away, I think it might be a nice deal.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

Facts about Dumoulin:
23 years old
6'4'' 219 lb LD
Played at BC, and most of his pro career in the AHL, but has played 14 NHL games and has 1g 1a

With Lucia being behind Parise, Zucker and Nino on the left side, and Olofsson likely 2ish years away, I think it might be a nice deal.

Thoughts?

Organizational strengths match up pretty well on a trade like that, without knowing anything about Dumolin.

I would like to see what Lucia can do at the AHL level though before dealing him. He has that knack for scoring goals which is pretty rare in our organization.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
Organizational strengths match up pretty well on a trade like that, without knowing anything about Dumolin.

I would like to see what Lucia can do at the AHL level though before dealing him. He has that knack for scoring goals which is pretty rare in our organization.
I agree, i think you'd be selling low on a guy like him.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

Facts about Dumoulin:
23 years old
6'4'' 219 lb LD
Restricted Free Agent

Thoughts?
I think a proven defensemen would be better. What thread was it in?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
How do the Kings not have a spot for him?

Kopitar
Carter
??????
Lewis

Stoll is a free agent, and the Kings could definitely stand to save some salary.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll take a trip to the LA board and ask if no one else has yet.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Would you put the 2nd rounder in play?

I guess I'd like to hear the thoughts of LA fans about his game before deciding. While I've been against trading yet another 2nd, we certainly need some center depth/prospects, so I'd consider it if it seems like he has solid NHL potential.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would you put the 2nd rounder in play?

Curious to find out what the price is, on one hand he's an AHL player and a lot of NHL players wouldn't go for a 2nd, on the other hand he's a 22 year old who has put up points wherever he's played.

Former 3rd round pick, wonder how much his value has gone up since then. He put up 102 points in 72 games his draft year. Also curious why he fell to the third round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad