Speculation: Trade, FA & Rumours (Mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I have heard they tried hard to move Roslovic in a package for a D man. Almost happened and didn't. I hear they are still looking to move him maybe for draft pick or picks.
It was also reported that a trade was in place contingent on the Jets moving Perreault but they couldn't make it happen at a price they were comfortable with.

Reactions: ps241

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I actually think they are done all their significant moves for this offseason. Might add 1-2 more depth/Moose additions and that’s it. I’m not saying a top 4 LHD is impossible but I think it’s unlikely unless he comes very cheap. I’m very happy with this offseason as it stands now.

I agree we are done. I think we were done before the shmidt ordeal, it was all media speculation IMO

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have heard they tried hard to move Roslovic in a package for a D man. Almost happened and didn't. I hear they are still looking to move him maybe for draft pick or picks.
If the Jets don't trade Laine, then they will need to trade Roslovic before the Seattle expansion draft. I'd be fine with acquiring picks / prospects for Roslovic at this point, if the value is high enough. I doubt that Roslovic wants to re-sign with Winnipeg if Laine is likely to be retained, and the Jets might want to open up a roster spot and some cap space, along with an expansion draft protection slot.

Reactions: bennylundholm

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Interesting. Well hopefully if they move him for a pick they can get a 2nd rounder for him.

Certainly wouldn't take any less than that. He is a former late 1st who has more or less lived up to his draft position. We are disappointed in him because he has not become that 2C we all hoped for. But not many 2C's are drafted at 25 OA.

I wish he would return a 1st, but that isn't likely, even a very late one. But he should return a 2nd + 3rd.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It was also reported that a trade was in place contingent on the Jets moving Perreault but they couldn't make it happen at a price they were comfortable with.

Reported where by who? I don't think I've heard that one before.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Reported where by who? I don't think I've heard that one before.
Honestly I cannot remember who it was and can't find the tweet now. I remember it was reported as a fact rather than a rumor but since I can't remember who it was I can't vouch for their credibility.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Might be that Chevy is trying to sign Roslo for as cheap as possible, workable to a 2 year minimum contract in order to make him available to Seattle ExDrft? But still have him on the roster, affordable for this upcoming season? The market for trading for Roslo is pretty quiet or I am sure we would hear more about it.
My thoughts lean toward letting Roslo go for a draft pick, to a noncompeteing out-of-central division team?, if an offer of such comes, closer to next season start. If: Roslo is unaffordable on next contract ask, holds out refusing to sign, requesting a more formidable role/ icetime (again).
Appears that Chevy is not panicking and is not rushing anything with regards to Roslo.
Anybodies guess on what's next for him??
I predict he'll sign a cheap 2 year deal and Seattle will take him. It'll suck to lose him after watching him develop for years, but really it'll be fine. Plenty of teams will lose better players if the last expansion draft is any indication.

The most important thing is to not outsmart yourself and trade picks or prospects to protect guys that aren't worth it.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jack for Ghost?

Might need some plus?

Ghost generally gets a bad rap defensively but I have read some information on him showing partly poor usage by coach & a improvement overall on his part defensively (not saying he hasn’t struggled in the past).

Josh Pionk

Ghost DeMelo

Maybe.....not ideal but we’ve made the choice to move cap from defence to young forwards.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Flyer fans believe Ghost is done in the league. I am not sure we need another guy like him on the team. Maybe if he was playing the way he did a couple of years ago.

I am more convinced we are going into this season(if there is one) with this roster and one of Samberg/Heinola gets a good shot at making it

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Flyer fans believe Ghost is done in the league. I am not sure we need another guy like him on the team. Maybe if he was playing the way he did a couple of years ago.

I am more convinced we are going into this season(if there is one) with this roster and one of Samberg/Heinola gets a good shot at making it

I’m comfortable with Samberg on our 2Nd pairing......he will be ok and will improve with time

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I've felt that way for some time - the Jets have higher expectations for Samberg (and maybe Heinola) for this season than many fans or media. Samberg is exactly the type of D they need. He's played big roles at a high developmental level for three years.

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and ps241

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Depending on the timing of NHL training camps, type/length of schedule being played and the WJC, I wonder if it would be beneficial to just keep heinola overseas this year and let him play big minutes in lots of situations in Liga. Break Samberg in this year, and him next. Same with Gus

Reactions: buggs and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Depending on the timing of NHL training camps, type/length of schedule being played and the WJC, I wonder if it would be beneficial to just keep heinola overseas this year and let him play big minutes in lots of situations in Liga. Break Samberg in this year, and him next. Same with Gus

That is essentially the way I would lean myself. I think there is only one spot for a rookie dmen on the roster ans I believe Samberg has the inside track.

It also allows Heinola's ELC to slide one more year which is very beneficial to the team in terms of it opening up when Wheeler is off the books.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm getting pretty bored. This already seems like the longest off-season ever, with the least activity.

Lets see if we can still trade Laine. CBJ needs scoring. The same goes for Detroit, LAK, Dallas, SJS, NJD, Sens and Ducks. Of those LAK, DRW, NJD, Sens and CBJ all have cap room. There are 5 targets to get started.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Yeah the expansion draft muddies things. I think he is just going to wait and see what Jack does this year and adjust accordingly. Honestly if Jack is the piece we lose in the expansion draft I wouldnt be that upset. I think he can be replaced fairly easily in FA next season.
Yes, likely fairly easily replaceable on Roslo. In house we have Vesalainen and now Perfetti possibly ready for next season start to fill Roslo's role.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
That is essentially the way I would lean myself. I think there is only one spot for a rookie dmen on the roster ans I believe Samberg has the inside track.

It also allows Heinola's ELC to slide one more year which is very beneficial to the team in terms of it opening up when Wheeler is off the books.

This actually sounds pretty wise. Maybe Heinola plays a full season staying in Finland in the Liiga, and makes positive strides all year. He could come back over one year more mature, physically more ready for the NHL.
Samberg appears ready now physically ( whenever the next season actually starts), and he can only benefit from beginning growing in the NHL soon.
If he struggles too much, there are a few experienced #7/8 d to fill in for him. The next season after should be back to full swing ( hope so!!) and there should be the Moose AHL for any younger guys struggling, to regroup and get confidence and rhythm back.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
There's no Laine trade that makes sense available right now so the team is pretty much set for whatever whenever.
That's a good thing.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I predict he'll sign a cheap 2 year deal and Seattle will take him. It'll suck to lose him after watching him develop for years, but really it'll be fine. Plenty of teams will lose better players if the last expansion draft is any indication.

The most important thing is to not outsmart yourself and trade picks or prospects to protect guys that aren't worth it.
Good point!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm getting pretty bored. This already seems like the longest off-season ever, with the least activity.

Lets see if we can still trade Laine. CBJ needs scoring. The same goes for Detroit, LAK, Dallas, SJS, NJD, Sens and Ducks. Of those LAK, DRW, NJD, Sens and CBJ all have cap room. There are 5 targets to get started.
Or, the Jets could just keep Laine and re-sign him to play along Perfetti for the next decade.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I'd rather be bored than come up with trades for laine that could backfire immensely lol.

Reactions: Pongs21

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Or, the Jets could just keep Laine and re-sign him to play along Perfetti for the next decade.

I’d be curious to know if Perfetti falling to the Jets actually changed their plans of trading Laine. If the biggest area of need was a young player to fill the 2C hole, Perfetti is certainly that. Additionally, his ELC could potentially line up beautifully with Wheelers contract.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It's not a Laine trade but it's a trade.

Roslo and a 3rd for Leddy (1m retained).

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
If the Jets don't trade Laine, then they will need to trade Roslovic before the Seattle expansion draft. I'd be fine with acquiring picks / prospects for Roslovic at this point, if the value is high enough. I doubt that Roslovic wants to re-sign with Winnipeg if Laine is likely to be retained, and the Jets might want to open up a roster spot and some cap space, along with an expansion draft protection slot.
Ya, I agree. I don't think Chevy is getting any quality return offers for Roslovic. I'd be happy taking whatever picks/prospects he can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad