GDT: Trade Deadline: Tampa won the Jeannot sweepstakes!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Petry could play top competition.

Chychrun doesn’t. Petry was used like a top pairing D with Weber’s frequent injuries and was fine.

Chychrun is what he is. He’s like a Trevor Daley, Sergachev, Seabeook type.
I would put Seabrook and Sergachev miles above Daley. As far as I can tell Chychrun has played against top players some years and other years not so much. You’re right that I think Petry a couple years ago is a bit better, but with Chychrun you don’t know how much he could still improve.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I would put Seabrook and Sergachev miles above Daley. As far as I can tell Chychrun has played against top players some years and other years not so much. You’re right that I think Petry a couple years ago is a bit better, but with Chychrun you don’t know how much he could still improve.

Daley was a hell of a player in his prime on those post successful cap era Stars teams.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Daley was a decent offensive number 4 who couldn’t defend particularly well, ever. Seabrook was a number 2 and Sergachev is turning into a number 2.
How do you figure Daley couldn’t defend well? He was an underrated defenseman on all fronts but one of the things he got better at before he even ended up in Chicago and then us, was defending well.

Sergachev to me is a very solid 3-4 type. Seabrook was probably a very good #4 that was over hyped due to the pairing with Dementia Keith.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Sergachev is the best comparison for Chychrun I can think of imo. And to get him at half the price, or even potentially a third would be insane.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
LINEUP UPDATE: Blue Jackets D Vladislav Gavrikov will be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game vs. New Jersey. He is being held out of the lineup for trade-related reasons. #CBJ

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Gavrikov seems like that specialized addition that a team makes only if you plan to play him next to a stud defenseman and you just sort of need some physicality/size to round out your defense corps.

Like, he's not a defenseman that a team with a flawed blueline adds. He's a defenseman that a team with an already strong blueline adds if they're missing that one physical/crease clearing type to complement their mobile puck movers.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Gavrikov seems like that specialized addition that a team makes only if you plan to play him next to a stud defenseman and you just sort of need some physicality/size to round out your defense corps.

Like, he's not a defenseman that a team with a flawed blueline adds. He's a defenseman that a team with an already strong blueline adds if they're missing that one physical/crease clearing type to complement their mobile puck movers.

He’s basically Lyubushkin 2.0 only worse defensively.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
He’s basically Lyubushkin 2.0 only worse defensively.
Dumb comparison. He has a significantly higher ceiling than Lyubushkin and he can add on the scoreboard too. More goals in 50 games this year than Lyubushkin's whole career. What they have in common is their size and nationality, and willingness to throw the body.

Dude is a tough mf, and a bonified top-4 d-man at this point. The interest he is getting is more than fair.

It's probably moot because I don't see CBJ trading him to us without a ridiculous overpayment, but he'd be an incredible grab for the cap hit.

Also i agree, I can see him going out west to Edmonton/Calgary

Salary cap Ron Hextall handcuffed everyone the Penguins

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
Just an idea: sell high on Pettersson and bring in Gavrikov?

I know it's pretty unrealistic but a man can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad