Rumor: Trade deadline/rumour/proposal thread Vol 12:clowe to nyr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I don't get this. This team isn't going on a "playoff run", it's trying to make the playoffs. Add to that, if you move Habby to the Leafs, you could likely get Scrivens back, or trade for a cheap backup, Leighton, Boucher, etc.

If they make the playoffs, they'll have as good a shot as anyone to go on a long run. They would have to be one of the hottest teams down the stretch to make it in and the teams that are hot going into the playoffs usually go a long way.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
I think we should trade Omark + 2013 1st for the girl of Yak's dreams...wherever she is.

Nail Yakupov @ Nail10_1993 1h

Where are you? The girl of my dreams ... : D

Oh girls, girls ... What's going on with you?: (

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I'm against it too in principal but that is under the assumption we are getting a 2nd or a 3rd round draft pick back from a playoff team, if we get offered a 1st or 2 2nds I would take that without hesitation; you don't want to send the wrong message to the team but we have good depth with our left side D and the reality is we are still rebuilding you can't forgo that kind of overpayment for a UFA you likely aren't going to retain on a playoff push that we likely have less than a 50% chance of making.

Ok sure, if someone is offering up a 1st, then we should take it. But I don't see that happening. For a 2nd, I wouldn't do it. 2nds haven't been turning out that well for us. I'd take Whitney for the playoff push over having a third 2nd round draft pick this year.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Anyone know if TSN/Sportsnet will be streaming online? Or somewhere to stream them?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think we should trade Omark + 2013 1st for the girl of Yak's dreams...wherever she is.

Where are you? The girl of my dreams ... : D

Oh girls, girls ... What's going on with you?: (

Does Khabbi have any more daughters to contribute to the team?

:sarcasm:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Daren Millard, trying to sell the show, predicting 20+ trades, a surprise goalie on the move, and says Oilers will look for a forward, Whitney in play.

Also said Hemsky to NJ would be a good fit but Devils have been quiet.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
From TSN's website. I am sure sportsnet will have their's streaming as well. Since most people work on deadline day, sportsnet and TSN tend to steam it. At least they have the last few years.

Sweet dealio

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Anyone know if TSN/Sportsnet will be streaming online? Or somewhere to stream them?

"Fans can keep up with all the deadline day action by downloading the free TradeCentre app for iPad and iPhone. Along with live streaming of TradeCentre '13, the TradeCentre app features a real-time Trade Tracker and up-to-the-minute trade news and alerts, plus on-demand video clips, instant analysis from TSN's hockey experts and Insiders, live streaming of local TSN Radio stations across the country, and a Tweetbox with all the latest updates from the TSN broadcast team on Twitter."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419578

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Daren Millard, trying to sell the show, predicting 20+ trades, a surprise goalie on the move, and says Oilers will look for a forward, Whitney in play.

Also said Hemsky to NJ would be a good fit but Devils have been quiet.

With Oilers still fighting for a play-off spot, I doubt Whitney is in play. That said, if they can parlay Whitney into Ott type of player I would not be opposed to it.

Maybe something like

To EDM--Ott
to BUF- Caron, 4th/5th round pick from Boston
Boston-- Whitney

Then maybe package a 2nd round pick from Ana with one of defensive prospects (Plante, Teubert, Bigos, Fedun) for Streit.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
What are your guys' thoughts on Kris Russell and Ian Cole?

Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if we deal for Russell. Left-handed puck-moving defenceman. With Bouwmeester in, Russell is expendable. The unfortunate part is that he is small. Which is why I think we'll make a move for him. He'll likely be cheap aswell. And let's not forget, Kevin Lowe has been involved with picking him for Team Canada in the past.

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
Ugh, some of you people are missing the point of this whole "upsetting the room"

We are one point out of a playoff spot it's a longshot, but the players look at it as something they need to rise up and can get done. That is every single player in that dressing rooms goal. Hall, eberle, Hopkins, hell even Smid, this is the first time they have REALLY been in a playoff race in the big show. As young leaders on this team that's got to be huge for them!!

That being said, what happens tomorrow will tell them what management thinks about them. Trade Whitney for a 2nd round pick, and you're saying I have no faith in you guys. Trading for only futures is not the right message to send to the kids. It's not about the chemistry in the room. It's about believing in our core players. Trade Whitney, Jones, and Bulin, I could care less. But bring back players you can sell as an upgrade for the stretch. Grab a Torres, and a Mcbain. But do it for getting stronger for the stretch. Upgrade the team, not the draft.

I'd rather have Whitney walk for nothing July 5 then have him go for a 2nd tomorrow. Management needs to show we have faith. Even just keeping everyone says we think you can do it.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if we deal for Russell. Left-handed puck-moving defenceman. With Bouwmeester in, Russell is expendable. The unfortunate part is that he is small. Which is why I think we'll make a move for him. He'll likely be cheap aswell. And let's not forget, Kevin Lowe has been involved with picking him for Team Canada in the past.

Why unfortunately? He's probably upgrade on Whitney at this point--at least defensively. If he comes cheap--I would not mind him. They can always re-sign Fistric, if they want extra toughness on the back end. Better yet go after Regehr or D.Murray in the off-season.

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Ugh, some of you people are missing the point of this whole "upsetting the room"

We are one point out of a playoff spot it's a longshot, but the players look at it as something they need to rise up and can get done. That is every single player in that dressing rooms goal. Hall, eberle, Hopkins, hell even Smid, this is the first time they have REALLY been in a playoff race in the big show. As young leaders on this team that's got to be huge for them!!

That being said, what happens tomorrow will tell them what management thinks about them. Trade Whitney for a 2nd round pick, and you're saying I have no faith in you guys. Trading for only futures is not the right message to send to the kids. It's not about the chemistry in the room. It's about believing in our core players. Trade Whitney, Jones, and Bulin, I could care less. But bring back players you can sell as an upgrade for the stretch. Grab a Torres, and a Mcbain. But do it for getting stronger for the stretch. Upgrade the team, not the draft.

I'd rather have Whitney walk for nothing July 5 then have him go for a 2nd tomorrow. Management needs to show we have faith. Even just keeping everyone says we think you can do it.

I agree. If you make a trade tomorrow for a roster player, you need to be addressing a need now. Getting rid of Whitney just opens up another hole.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I would like to see if our 1st can get Jamie McBain.

I have wanted J Boychuk or j McBain to strengthen our RHD side since last summer.

(i would much prefer Boychuks hitting and sacrifice on McBains better footwork)

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Break out pass and knowing when to pinch. Potter doesn't have the hockey IQ to do either consistently.

This is literally the only thing Whitney is bringing to the table here.

At least Potter uses his size. Potter has the better shot, better net clearing presence. Him and Whitney are the same speed wise. Whitney has the breakout pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad