Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
I think we can bear Schmaltz's loss a year from now. When Guenther is more ready for top matchups. When But is ready to join the club. When it's clear that we've broken free of the losing culture.
This is where I'm at with him

You still need Schmaltz even 2yrs from now because you already have But coming, but that is it, unless you're going to put Geekie on the wing to start, otherwise, need to keep Schmaltz.

I'm not a fan of moving Schmaltz but we desperately need help on the blueline. Also the problem with keeping Schmaltz is our forward group is pretty much locked in place. There aren't really spots we can improve.

I'm a little torn on it because I understand how difficult it will be to replace his production. But I also want Cooley/Guenther to get more opportunities. Double edge sword right now

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
AZ rumored to have interest in Jonatan Berggren from DET according to Pagnotta…looks like an interesting player.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
AZ rumored to have interest in Jonatan Berggren from DET according to Pagnotta…looks like an interesting player.
What is Szuber’s value? Maybe they’d like the German to eventually play with Seider.

Szuber + Zucker + 2nd rounder for Berggren

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
15 goal guy NHL/AHL tweener likely looking for a chance to be an everyday player. Small.
Over a point per game so far this year in the AHL…the little bit of reading I did on him seemed to give the impression that he’s a player on a pretty good trajectory that could be playing regular NHL minutes but just doesn’t have room in DET…either way, seems like the type of player you’d spend one of your extra 2nd or 3rd rounders on…especially if you’re going to trade Schmaltz that opens up a top 6 opportunity.

We don't want to part with Szuber.
He’s a 6th round pick…I haven’t been paying attention that closely to Tucson but is he playing way above his draft position or what?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Really? Wow. That wasn’t the impression I got reading DET opinions of him, but I guess that’s to be expected
He was drafted six years ago and he can’t crack a non-playoff roster and is out of waivers exemption. Ive never seen anyone meeting that description traded for anything of value.

No thanks.

Johansen and Prosvetov are waiver fodder. Byram is wat too injury prone.
Johansen and Prosvetov have zero trade value. Negative value for Johansen. That’s the point.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
This is pure speculation, hopefully Schmaltz doesn't want out. I believe if he goes Keller will want out too.. Ok guys need a big boost of optimism what do you got for me :)

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
He was drafted six years ago and he can’t crack a non-playoff roster and is out of waivers exemption. Ive never seen anyone meeting that description traded for anything of value.
Yeah maybe I’m reading too much into it but, he’s played 111 AHL games and has 108 points. Soooo, I dunno, seems like exactly the type of guy I would spend an extra draft pick or two on to give a shot at a top 6 role that hasn’t been a available to him in DET. I could see a Schmaltz trade happening and then picking up a guy like Berggren to fill his spot.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Yeah maybe I’m reading too much into it but, he’s played 111 AHL games and has 108 points. Soooo, I dunno, seems like exactly the type of guy I would spend an extra draft pick or two on to give a shot at a top 6 role that hasn’t been a available to him in DET. I could see a Schmaltz trade happening and then picking up a guy like Berggren to fill his spot.
I’d trade Schmaltz for him probably. Haha.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I would be doing everything I can to stack Tucson. Make them so loaded that you can afford to give guys like Doan and Soderstrom a shot.

Hopefully Geekie’s season ends quick and we plug him down there too for the playoffs.

Doan, Guenther, Geekie, Soderstrom all getting meaningful playoff games is gonna be huge for them. I’d even let Cooley decide if he wants to go for it too. (If he can).

Stoked to see what Tucson is going to do. Load them up and ship out Coyotes short term pieces for Tucson short term pieces. This is the year.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad