GDT: Trade Deadline Day 2017

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Columbus bought Tyutin out in the off-season...they're still paying him for another four years (including this year). Highly doubt they would trade for him.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think the Islanders package will be more attractive overall to a Habs package, but does the inclusion of Sergachev tip it in Montreal's favor no matter what?

I guess...thats a tough one for me. I like the individual assets (potentially) from the Isles proposed pkg

with le Habitonts its basically just Serg and whatever else they can scrap together

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hoping to unload some dead weight tomorrow. Never thought I would say this, but I don't even care if Duchene is gone tomorrow. The angry fan in me is saying the only person worth keeping is Rantanen.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Hoping to unload some dead weight tomorrow. Never thought I would say this, but I don't even care if Duchene is gone tomorrow. The angry fan in me is saying the only person worth keeping is Rantanen.

Zadorov, Rantanen, Landeskog, and EJ are the only ones I want no part of getting traded.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fear not. Every one of our players did their best to ensure they came out of this game without a scratch. Hell, they avoided a sweat just in case they catch a cold after the post-game shower.

Ha. Good point. I stopped watching after the 1st period.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised with a 3rd round pick for Tyutin. I'll take pretty much anything though.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Z and Rantanen are the only 2 I would keep as untouchable Really

EJ's a band-aid and his contract might get ugly in 2-3 years so he's not gonna fetch much of a return. The reasoning behind keeping him is that it isn't worth trading him and it's worth gambling if he can still be a top-4 guy in a few years. Otherwise I'd be shipping him out too.

My concern is that mgmt isn't shopping Barrie yet. They need to step on that, he's not gonna re-sign as a UFA and his value isn't gonna go up more. It might even tank with another year under Bednar.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I guess...thats a tough one for me. I like the individual assets (potentially) from the Isles proposed pkg

with le Habitonts its basically just Serg and whatever else they can scrap together

I like the rumored Nashville package the most, but if it's between MTL/NYI, I honestly prefer the Islanders package. Sergachev is a stud, but I really like 3 years of a cheap Hamonic(29 at end of contract), Barzal, their middle round 1st... it's really attractive. Don't care about Ottawa if Chabot's not in the deal.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
My concern is that mgmt isn't shopping Barrie yet. They need to step on that, he's not gonna re-sign as a UFA and his value isn't gonna go up more. It might even tank with another year under Bednar.

Barrie's not a UFA until 2020 for goodness sake. I get the Duchene worry, but there shouldn't be any rush to move Barrie. That would be selling low right now. If you want to move him, trade him in a year's time when he's hopefully back to his 50 point pace along with the rest of the team improving and waking the hell up. Right now? Probably not a good idea. Let's see some of the kids step up and assume some of his offensive responsibilities before we go accepting some futures for Ty.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Last prediction before catching some sleep...

Duchene will be heavily rumoured to MTL all night/morning, then traded to Nashville at noon ET.

Also whether it be here or Twitter when I first see the headline Duchene traded, heart will sink no matter what!

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I like the rumored Nashville package the most, but if it's between MTL/NYI, I honestly prefer the Islanders package. Sergachev is a stud, but I really like 3 years of a cheap Hamonic(29 at end of contract), Barzal, their middle round 1st... it's really attractive. Don't care about Ottawa if Chabot's not in the deal.

Yeah thats it isnt it, its that 1st thats right in the sweet spot for me. Perfect for a defenseman.

And if things dont work out with Ham as far as an extension im pretty sure you could trade him for something really nice.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
BY the looks of those quotes one could interpret it that DUchene doesn't want to leave.

Barrie's not a UFA until 2020 for goodness sake. I get the Duchene worry, but there shouldn't be any rush to move Barrie.

There shouldn't be any rush to trade Duchene either. You only get it (the Duchene worry) because he's not your buddy.:laugh:

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

The problem with the Isles package is that it puts us back into the same situation in a few years. It's basically a forward for a futures forward trade. Hamonic is solid but
We need a futures D man in the trade for Duchene.

Just as the core is coming into it's zenith, Hamonic is theory will be at the age you want to move him or let him walk in FA.

I'd rather have Sergachev + unless they are taking a D man with their #1-#4 pick. Then the Isles package makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad