GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
tumblr_muspetBUcv1rqt2z0o1_250.gif

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
When he was coaching a former team, wouldn't say which one, they were struck by a ton of injuries; 5 or 6 key guys down. GM then told him to start losing games, which he actually found harder to do than trying to win as he couldn't tell the players (especially the goalie) to lose. After wins, he'd get chewed out by the GM.

They ended up getting the player they wanted, but he ended up being a bust and said GM told Wilson, 'kick me where the sun don't shine if I ever ask you to lose on purpose again.'

Proves what most people acknowledge; management can and will tank but the players won't.

Thanks for the recap!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Good on Toronto for helping Jokinen find his way into what could be his last playoff series of his career.

I remember when we first acquired Jokinen years ago...sad times :(

LOL at O-doggy poking at his own career. "She(career after 2 40 goal seasons) went down from there"

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Awesome news on Jokinen, I hope they go all the way (to the WCF to lose against the Flames).

Also **** off Tim Murray. I hope a team like OTT or NJD wins the lottery and Eichel completely busts.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Really boring trade deadline... as expected.

But lots of big trades before!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad