GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Argh. When LeBrun yelled "Dustin Jeffrey" from the background, I thought he said "Calgary" and I got all excited.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Former coach Ron Wilson admits he was asked to tank by a former team.

Tanking is real.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Toronto has the same exact need for Bernier that Buffalo does.

Buffalo is further along in their rebuild though, this is their 2nd year in their tank. TO is in the process right now of collecting futures, Buffalo is going to try and compete next season after they get their prize at this years draft. Also, Bernier is said to be available and the Sabres have lots of assets to fit their needs.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Buffalo is further along in their rebuild though, this is their 2nd year in their tank. TO is in the process right now of collecting futures, Buffalo is going to try and compete next season after they get their prize at this years draft. Also, Bernier is said to be available and the Sabres have lots of assets to fit their needs.

Gonna have to be A LOT to acquire from within division, especially since the Leafs viewed him as highly as being on their "rumored" untouchable's list at one point.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
What did he say? I stepped out of the room.

When he was coaching a former team, wouldn't say which one, they were struck by a ton of injuries; 5 or 6 key guys down. GM then told him to start losing games, which he actually found harder to do than trying to win as he couldn't tell the players (especially the goalie) to lose. After wins, he'd get chewed out by the GM.

They ended up getting the player they wanted, but he ended up being a bust and said GM told Wilson, 'kick me where the sun don't shine if I ever ask you to lose on purpose again.'

Proves what most people acknowledge; management can and will tank but the players won't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad