GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I like what Arizona is doing though, Duclair and Domi could be a legit top six line.

I don't, because I'm not a fan of the scorched earth method. It boggles my mind that Buffalo and Arizona are willing to go the Edmonton route of rebuilding which has resulted in the Oilers being the laughing stock of the NHL for nearly 10 seasons.

Not to say that they will become the next Oilers, and not to say that our way of rebuilding is the best way, but it just makes me shake my head sometimes.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Glencross in another color of red.

B_GvafcXEAA7GoD.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I don't, because I'm not a fan of the scorched earth method. It boggles my mind that Buffalo and Arizona are willing to go the Edmonton route of rebuilding which has resulted in the Oilers being the laughing stock of the NHL for nearly 10 seasons.

Not to say that they will become the next Oilers, and not to say that our way of rebuilding is the best way, but it just makes me shake my head sometimes.

The Oilers didn't invent scorched earth rebuilding, they just tainted it by being wholly incompetent. But the real difference is, the Oilers sat on all their picks and thought they could rebuild entirely through the draft and only the draft. The Sabres on the other hand, are doing things the right way - by flipping the many picks and prospects they've acquired for good young players that will help now instead of maybe years down the road.

Honestly, the Oilers rebuild is not a valid comparison anymore. It's an extreme that won't be matched by any other organization for a long time.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
To be fair to AZ, they have little in the way of assets. They really need to accumulate some nice high end futures. But, I will judge them in what they do with their cap space and who they bring in.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The Oilers didn't invent scorched earth rebuilding, they just tainted it by being wholly incompetent. But the real difference is, the Oilers sat on all their picks and thought they could rebuild entirely through the draft and only the draft. The Sabres on the other hand, are doing things the right way - by flipping the many picks and prospects they've acquired for good young players that will help now instead of maybe years down the road.

Honestly, the Oilers rebuild is not a valid comparison anymore. It's an extreme that won't be matched by any other organization for a long time.

You're probably right. Actually Buffalo has done a decent job as of late, especially with getting Kane to build around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad