GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
the NHL can't do that.

Also I think SN gets way more hate than they deserve. I don't mind SN at all.

Isn't there some 'out' clause that the NHL could utilize should SN's ratings plummet to all time lows?

Some of it is deserved though. I don't mind SOME of their personalities, mainly the guys that were from The Score really. But a lot of their guys seem very....'clenched' if thats accurate :laugh: TSN just has more fun with it, and generally has a better product. I remember reading threads on it when it was announced when SN got the deal that literally 99% of people were not in favour of it, so that has to tell you something.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Aug 21, 2014
I wonder if there's any interest in Wideman.. With the amount of (over)payment going for d-man except for Petry.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Funny enough they did that to themselves, I bet them offering GC for free to Rogers Customers plays a part, as does getting regional games on GC if you provide evidence that you subscribe to SN and SN1

They probably won't be crippled (I can hope) but I still believe TSN would have done a better job.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I would've been okay with Washington's 2nd and a 5th for Petry (assuming Edmonton didn't care too much about trading with Calgary). Shame Flames couldn't get him.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
They probably won't be crippled (I can hope) but I still believe TSN would have done a better job.
from the article you posted

“Actually, NHL’s doing very well for us, we’re very pleased with the execution of it thus far, and excited as we go through the rest of the reason,†Rogers CEO Guy Laurence said on an earnings call last week.

“From a financial perspective it’s bang-on to the expectations we had when we made the pitch for the deal and signed the it almost a year ago,†Rogers CFO Tony Staffieri said, as quoted at Cartt.ca.

“In the fourth quarter alone, revenue came in at just under $100 million. We were expecting $100 million in our plans and we were within spitting distance of that.â€

the viewership is there, it's just down on TV and it's happening to TSN too as the CFLs TV viewership was significantly down as well with digital viewership rising significantly

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I would've been okay with Washington's 2nd and a 5th for Petry (assuming Edmonton didn't care too much about trading with Calgary). Shame Flames couldn't get him.

Could you imagine the salt if the Flames had gotten Petry for that price :laugh:

Sit back and watch the fireworks.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I like him & Kyper. I like Strombo as host too. Also really like the additions of Rich Sutter & Louie DeBrusk to regional panels.

I like Kyper as comic relief and not as a analyst. Strombo was one of the few changes I was actually looking forward to. I think he's a great interviewer and was excited at the idea he'd be interviewing more hockey people.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Do we need another #5?

He's a capable #4 defenceman, at least. And also, have you seen the Flames' bottom pairing? lol

I'd honestly be 100% okay with the Flames moving Wideman, had they picked up Petry, though. Younger dude who'd be cheaper to re-sign, and is generally better defensively (though Wideman's shot would be missed).

Flames -Glencross +Petry would be a better team, given its strengths and weaknesses.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

dun-dun-dun-o.gif

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I like Kyper as comic relief and not as a analyst. Strombo was one of the few changes I was actually looking forward to. I think he's a great interviewer and was excited at the idea he'd be interviewing more hockey people.

Thats all Kyper is to me :laugh:. Strombo isn't bad by any means, but he doesn't have the people around him to be as good as he can be.

Also, hockey was viewed a lot more when it was FREE and you didn't have to be subscribed to SN-This or SN-That just to see a hockey game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad