GDT: Trade Deadline 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If we could get Smith and a 2nd for Wideman @ 50% from the Wings I'd do it.

We would have a ton of leverage with 3 x 2nd round picks.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
from the article you posted

the viewership is there, it's just down on TV and it's happening to TSN too as the CFLs TV viewership was significantly down as well with digital viewership rising significantly

Yes but I'm shocked the CFL has viewership, SN expect a 20% increase on viewership

Since Rogers budgeted for a 20-per-cent increase in viewers this season and went to advertisers with a similar increase in rates, the declines are continuing bad news. The company’s board of directors is said to be putting pressure on the sales and hockey departments to do something because Rogers is committed to paying the NHL $5.2-billion over the next 12 years for the national Canadian broadcast rights.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-lower-ratings-for-nhl-games/article22731502/

The fact the CFL has viewers is a a good sign for tsn.

Aug 21, 2014
He's a capable #4 defenceman, at least. And also, have you seen the Flames' bottom pairing? lol

I'd honestly be 100% okay with the Flames moving Wideman, had they picked up Petry, though. Younger dude who'd be cheaper to re-sign, and is generally better defensively (though Wideman's shot would be missed).

Flames -Glencross +Petry would be a better team, given its strengths and weaknesses.

Engelland would be decent if there was a LH puck mover with him. :dunno:

The Wings wouldn't move Smith for Phaneuf, they won't for Wideman

Wideman @50% is more attractive than Phaneuf. Along with shorter contract term and RH-shot.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah I get SN didn't get what they wanted to for TV viewership, but they have exceeded expectations for digital media. It comes down to the bottom line and they are where they projected to be.

I don't think they are but lets move on. I wonder if Daley can be had from Dallas, he isn't old and fits our style.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I don't think they are but lets move on. I wonder if Daley can be had from Dallas, he isn't old and fits our style.
I was talking purely in revenue. In the end that is all that matters.

I think the cost for Daley would be quite high.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I like Kyper as comic relief and not as a analyst. Strombo was one of the few changes I was actually looking forward to. I think he's a great interviewer and was excited at the idea he'd be interviewing more hockey people.

I hold a completely opposite opinion. Strombo might one be one of the worst interviewers I've ever seen. Every time I've watched something of his (whether it be from his CBC show or now SN) the atmosphere he created just seemed so awkward and the back and forth b/w the guests and him just seemed so cringey at times

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Oooh...what return would you want should Wideman be traded? If we retain salary?

2nd + B+ prospects.

but probably Burkie messing with Duthie :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad