Trade and Free Agency Discussion Thread - Don't Expect More Augmenting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Obviously I'd hope for more but they could still get a decent pickup with that.

Yeah, I’m sure the Leafs will be sending down someone on off-days as well, which will help accrue more.

So it’s possible it gets close to 3M-4Mish as the extra 700-925K (depending who goes up and down) will help a lot

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
if things are going well we could definitely add someone at the trade deadline...Probably a 3rd line winger

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Yeah, I’m sure the Leafs will be sending down someone on off-days as well, which will help accrue more.

So it’s possible it gets close to 3M-4Mish as the extra 700-925K (depending who goes up and down) will help a lot
Pretty sure potential injuries will help as well right? If one of our big salary players gets hurt for a bit we accrue more I believe.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Capfriendly is showing Engvall is buried in the minors. Is this real? Haven’t seen this reported.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Right on. Brandon Pridham has his work cut out for him forsure to tip toe all year but glad Leafs have a guy like him.

3 to 4 at the deadline would be huge.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Right on. Brandon Pridham has his work cut out for him forsure to tip toe all year but glad Leafs have a guy like him.

3 to 4 at the deadline would be huge.

Leafs have so much depth now that it looks like Dubas already made his trade deadline acquisitions.

I can't see us adding more than a cheap grinder at the deadline.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs have so much depth now that it looks like Dubas already made his trade deadline acquisitions.

Don’t discount what Dubas and team can pull off. It wouldn’t shock me at all, if we do make moves in the year, if things aren’t working to plan.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So... just Joey Anderson left to sign? Hmm, and then nothing else but watch the Euro prospects play for a few months.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

That's a good point but it certainly doesn't hurt to have more options when the time comes... especially incase of injuries.

With a season that will most likely be a lot of 4 games in 7 nights and compacted its nice to have that cushion.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Capfriendly is showing Engvall is buried in the minors. Is this real? Haven’t seen this reported.

The Leafs can maintain a 21 man roster (12 forwards, 7 defenders, and 2 goalies) and be cap compliant.

Process of elimination suggests Engvall is not in the 12 and he is also one of the few players that does not need to pass through waivers. He needs to pass through waivers once he plays another 15 games.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

The paper transactions will be overwhelming

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Its been a perfect off-season so far.

my only last wish is for us to trade holl and sign perry.

Perry would be a nice luxury to have, but at this point, the ship has probably sailed on that. Holl came into his own pretty good last year, as a partner for Muzzin. At this point we need that defensive strength and depth. No chance I even touch that defensive depth, unless somehow we can improve upon the D. To me, Perry in, means someone else on forward out. We might have enough veterans in the bottom six at this point...

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Perry would be a nice luxury to have, but at this point, the ship has probably sailed on that. Holl came into his own pretty good last year, as a partner for Muzzin. At this point we need that defensive strength and depth. No chance I even touch that defensive depth, unless somehow we can improve upon the D. To me, Perry in, means someone else out. We might have enough veterans in the bottom six at this point...

Yeah, it was great to see Holl come from essentially nowhere. He was getting the Leivo treatment the year before from Babs and then made a significant jump.

I agree with the Perry comment. There's enough 4th liners in the system to justify bringing in another contract.

Personally, I still don't see how the Leafs defense will hold up for a full 82 game season. They don't have enough top end talent at the back end to carry this team.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Hoffman is a pos. It made my blood boil to see his little bitch ass chasing Karlsson around the ice over their ladies bullshit. Hoffman needs his teeth knocked out.
LOL That was painful to watch. One of the most cringey things I've seen in a hockey game.

Reactions: meng666

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I agree with the comments that Dubas has already made our trade deadline acquisitions. Damn, we could probably sell a player or two at inflated prices!!!

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga

giphy.gif

Reactions: Nooodles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad