Speculation: Trade and Free Agency - 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Maybe "Laine to Minnesota" is the new "Rossi on the trade block".

I guess as a reporter, you need some story to focus on even when nothing is happening.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Man, I would love to get Laine. He's exactly the type of player that the Wild need to add. I would feel much better about the Wild's future after adding him and the prospect of adding Buium, Yurov, and Heidt over the next couple of years.

I think you could feel really confident that you could create two scoring lines with Rossi/Boldy + Kaprizov/Laine in some form. In addition, you could either overload the center position with Ek or feel really confident in a two way shutdown line.

Laine has his issues as a player, but he's exactly what the Wild need. And even if he hasn't lived up to his promise, even in Columbus he still has 54 goals and 63 assists (117 points) in 129 games which is a 34 goal - 40 assist (74 point) pace over 82 games.

This is pretty close to adding another player of Boldy's offensive caliber to the team. If you could get him without giving up Rossi I think this sets you up to be a really competitive team for the next 5 seasons.

This is a pretty talented forward core top 9.

Yurov - Ek - Kaprizov
Laine - Rossi - Boldy
Hartman/Trenin - Heidt - Ohgren

And this is a pretty talented top 4 for D

Spurgeon - Faber
Brodin - Buium

I feel like you could try to overpay in some form to make it happen.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If we can get rid of Spurgeon, we should be all over acquiring Laine. That allows the cap to work. Otherwise, you have to pay teams to retain salary or send the salary equivalent of $8.7M.

Players with no trade protection:

Boldy ($7M) - nope

Trenin ($3.5M) - we just signed him…

Rossi, Khusnutdinov, Ohgren, Heidt, Lauko, Johnson, Boyd - all sub $1M

Middleton ($2.45M) - just re-signed him; cannot remember if he received a retroactive NTC

Bogosian ($1.25M) -

Merrill ($1.2M) -

Chisholm ($1M) -

Faber ($.925) - LMAO, no.

Gustavsson ($3.75M) -

M-NTCs:

Eriksson Ek ($5.25M) - nope

Gaudreau ($2.1) -

Spurgeon ($7.575M) - nobody will want him until he can prove he can still play at a high level post surgeries

Our best shot is paying Columbus to retain half and including Gustavsson. Columbus would need to find a trade partner for Merzlikins (unlikely) in that scenario.

Second best shot is paying Columbus to retain half and then paying another team to retain more.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
article discussing potential laine trade , i think freddy g should be added. MSN if you don't agree with the trade what would you offer thats fair?

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
article discussing potential laine trade , i think freddy g should be added. MSN if you don't agree with the trade what would you offer thats fair?

Generally not a fan of trading for Laine but if that's all it took I would have to say yes

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Neither of the trades work cap wise.

Laine (33% retained) for Rossi adds basically ~ $4.9M. The article also says that Laine makes Rossi expendable and I’m not sure how that conclusion came to be. One is a winger and the other is a center.

Johansson+Stramel+3rd+4th for Laine ($2.2M retained) adds $4.5M in cap.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I would not trade Rossi for Laine at any retention, except MAYBE 100% (not possible, I know). I am still a big believer in Rossi.

That other deal I'd do with only a moment of hesitation at wondering how Stramel is doing this year. Would it make sense capwise by February or so? I'm not sure how much cap space we're expected to have accrued by then.

History is going to make me regret saying that first part, isn't it?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im seeing so much chatter that billy is kicking the tires on this trade im really asking how it works / gets done. me i would have added tarasenko and not others

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Neither of the trades work cap wise.

Laine (33% retained) for Rossi adds basically ~ $4.9M. The article also says that Laine makes Rossi expendable and I’m not sure how that conclusion came to be. One is a winger and the other is a center.

Johansson+Stramel+3rd+4th for Laine ($2.2M retained) adds $4.5M in cap.
Some of the articles i read about the Wild are truly mind numbing.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
crazy rumor floating around i doubt any truth to it but toronto fans are talking about middleton for Liljegren & nick robertson (5'9") plus a 27-4th. noway i do that. what would you say yes to? i'd have to consider liljegren (for cap) and 2-2nds or maybe even ask 26-1st?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
crazy rumor floating around i doubt any truth to it but toronto fans are talking about middleton for Liljegren & nick robertson (5'9") plus a 27-4th. noway i do that. what would you say yes to? i'd have to consider liljegren (for cap) and 2-2nds or maybe even ask 26-1st?
BG loves size and toughness. No way he trades away one our toughest, strongest players for Robertson and Lilljegren. This is a "rumor" thought up by some Leaf fan in his Mississauga basement.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

This seems more like Toronto fans hoping and wishing than a credible rumor

I don't think Liljegren and/or Robertson are pieces I care about acquiring at all in any case

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We cannot make that trade due to the cap. Maybe at the TDL I would consider it. Gives us a gap of time till Zeev arrives that we could fill with tryout from Lambos/Hunt/O’Rourke/Peart (no particular order).

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Detroit fans want Kaprizov, what do you think about their proposals?

Not a fan of the explicit proposals.

The ones that just took Raymond, Seider and Edvinsson off the table could be workable if it ever got that far.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Detroit fans want Kaprizov, what do you think about their proposals?

Makes very little sense, I don't see why he would play there over MN and not look for an actual top team if that is what he is going for. For fun though, Danielson is an intriguing guy and Wild kind of player, If they included one of their tall Dmen prospects that has made good progress, then maybe its workable if Guerin is in a bind. I think Detroit is an unlikely destination though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad