Speculation: Trade and Free Agency - 2024-25

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I feel like people said something similar when he traded Fiala.
Yup, for sure, but a couple of things are very different. Fiala is a vg 1st line player. Kaprizov is the best player in MN's history(in my opinion). Also, while some people around here thought highly of Faber, no one thought that he would turn out the way he is.

Fans love to see the brilliance of Kaprizov, and will be extremely PO'ed if he is moved.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Gaudreau + Peart/Lambos + 2nd for 50% retained.
I was thinking similar to this, but Columbus probably wants a more heralded prospect and less young D considering their drafted players.

Gaudreau, Heidt, and a 2nd that conditions to a protected 1st based on games played/performance. Steep, and I’m not sure if pays off, but I bet it’s what it would take.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Columbus has no leg to stand on for asking that. Especially if there is an add that could be a 1st.
The retention itself is worth the pick in value, and Gaudreau has negative value at the moment. The only way the Wild are actually party to Laine is during the season when we can fit his cap, I imagine he would be demonstrating good health and positive play if the Wild are trading for him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The retention itself is worth the pick in value, and Gaudreau has negative value at the moment. The only way the Wild are actually party to Laine is during the season when we can fit his cap, I imagine he would be demonstrating good health and positive play if the Wild are trading for him.
The Blue Jackets do not get to dump their problem player on us while getting one of our best prospects and potentially a 1st as well in return.

That ask is a “haha! Oh, you’re serious?” *click*

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think most fanbases outside of our own really don't know anything about Heidt.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
The Blue Jackets do not get to dump their problem player on us while getting one of our best prospects and potentially a 1st as well in return.

That ask is a “haha! Oh, you’re serious?” *click*
I miss the good old days when you could slam your phone in anger. Nowadays it's just a f***ing *click*. That could be anything. Slamming your phone was the ultimate way to tell someone to go f*** themselves without saying it out loud.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Laine would be worth the price tag.

Kap-JEE-Zucc
Laine-Rossi-Boldy

Best Top 6 we’ve ever had by far and you have Hartman, Ohgren, Trenin, Marat, Foligno, Mojo to construct a decent bottom 6

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wonder if there is any interest in trading for Shai Buium. Could be fun to have the brothers together. 6'3" 220lbs and I read on the Wings board that he is a lefty that prefers to play on the right side, which would be helpful in the long term with Spacek and Healey as the only notable RD prospects.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Wonder if there is any interest in trading for Shai Buium. Could be fun to have the brothers together. 6'3" 220lbs and I read on the Wings board that he is a lefty that prefers to play on the right side, which would be helpful in the long term with Spacek and Healey as the only notable RD prospects.
Trade Lambos and what for him?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Detroit is chalk full of LD. Probably be a guy like Kumpulainen or Bankier.
Who, IMO, would be exactly the types that we shouldn't trade away. Was impressed with their play last year, and i can see them improving more than most as they fill out their lanky frames.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Who, IMO, would be exactly the types that we shouldn't trade away. Was impressed with their play last year, and i can see them improving more than most as they fill out their lanky frames.
Well, I’d love to get Shai for a couple of 4th round picks, but that’s not how trades work.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i don't know about laine, billy has said he wants a good locker room and this player while big and skilled can't find a home? red flag! ps i can't find the post but i did mention shai buium before.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
i don't know about laine, billy has said he wants a good locker room and this player while big and skilled can't find a home? red flag! ps i can't find the post but i did mention shai buium before.
Laine does seem like an odd target for BG. Perhaps he is ignoring everything else in the name of finding a 2nd line player who has shown he can score like crazy. If you gave me the choice between Laine and Johansson, I would take Laine every single time. I would also hope that with every other player on the roster being high character that they could handle a situation like this.

I view Shai Buium as a long term Bogosian replacement. He is left handed, but I have seen comments he prefers to play on the right side.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Laine does seem like an odd target for BG. Perhaps he is ignoring everything else in the name of finding a 2nd line player who has shown he can score like crazy. If you gave me the choice between Laine and Johansson, I would take Laine every single time. I would also hope that with every other player on the roster being high character that they could handle a situation like this.

I think and hope Billy is bargain shopping to add some skill on the cheap, which he should be doing at all times. If something clicks cool, of not well it was a gamble that didn't cost a ton and was reasonably short lived.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah....he seems to be pushing hard for the guy. I think it'd be a mistake, but whatever.

Desperation possibly starting to set in, if they don't make the playoffs this season Kaprizov is one step closer to leaving and Guerin has a hot hot seat

Wabit

May 23, 2016
TBF it's the middle of the offseason for hockey. Any news that is somewhat interesting about any well known players will get reported.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad