Proposal: Toronto/St. Louis Blockbuster

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Mitchell Marner became the first @MapleLeafs player to begin his career with 40+ assists in three consecutive seasons. Only five other active NHL players have achieved the feat: Nicklas Backstrom, Patrick Kane, Evgeni Malkin, Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby

but he'll get dealt for Piet

ahahahahhahahahahhaaahahahahhahahahahhaaahahahahhahahahahhaa

might wanna follow another sport cause hockey passed you by.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Shhhh If they think he sucks the terribad trade proposals might stop!

Oh yeah, what I meant to say was that Petro has fallen off a cliff and kicks puppies in his free time.

Is that the kind of individual you want on your team Leafs fans? A puppy kicker?

Reactions: Spazkat

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

betcha if Alex Pietrangelo was willing to sign long term with the hometown Leafs they'd do a Nylander for Alex P. straight up. the Leafs are loaded up front with scoring and Alex would be a top notch addition to the Leafs D. isn't a guy like this apparently what the Leafs have been looking for?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
betcha if Alex Pietrangelo was willing to sign long term with the hometown Leafs they'd do a Nylander for Alex P. straight up. the Leafs are loaded up front with scoring and Alex would be a top notch addition to the Leafs D. isn't a guy like this apparently what the Leafs have been looking for?

Apparently STL offered him for Nylander before he signed and Dubas said no.

So i doubt it.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Of course they would. That would be amazing for TO

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Neutral fan here. I see this as very realistic if the Blues were to go full rebuild while Toronto trys to accend to the top of the NHL.

To Toronto: Pietrangelo, Steen(50% retained)

To St. Louis: Nylander, Gardiner, 1st rnd pick and Liljegren.

My god man, a Blues RHD to Toronto for Nylander as a base!!!!!! That is a revolutionary idea. How has nobody thought of this before????? Quick, someone call Doug Armstrong and tell him Toronto needs a RHD. Alert both fan bases that they could be discussing this heretofore never before discussed trade. Amazing!!!!!

Offside2408

Dec 5, 2018
He came back last night after missing 11 games total. The guy's wife had triplets this summer, last year he scored 15 goals and tied his career best of 54 pts. This notion of him having an off year is certainly true but have a look at contextual factors like coaching issues, the triplets and the Blues being an inconsistent mess altogether this season and his play is a lot easier to understand.

No doubt this summer will have people suggesting he's "regressing" or "declined" citing his point totals without mentioning the factors I mentioned or him missing those 11 games.

That’s awesome! Glad he’s back. Don’t get me wrong. I fully understand all the factors that contribute to an off season. They are expected and natural. No player can have a career year every year. I’m a big fan of him and always have been. Just IMHO the days of massive returns are long over for veteran players without term. Talent aside picks and promising prospects are way too valuable for deep teams up against the cap. Young guys are taking over and making way more then ever before greatly increasing the value of those EL contracts This is evactky why almost every trade these days for star players seem to get way less then what most people think. Especially people on these boards.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
In what world does a signed Petro with a hometown discount = Nylander?

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Yes because Liljigren is a blue chipper and Bracco is still considered a prospect. Lmao
Ahh yep.
Bracco is putting together quite a respectable season down in the AHL.
Jeremy Bracco - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Dubas was hoping to have Liljegren play at the WJC and then the intent was to call him up mid January. Dubas likes to let his prospects develop and bring them up in the new year. (Like Dermott)
Liljegren was suppose to be on the top pairing for this years Jr squad. Not really something you’d scoff at.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Id rather have Kapanen + Liljegren + Johnsson for Petro than Nylander

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
We just got pounded 6-1. Please, please, explain to me how a one dimensional, defensively suspect forward and an offensively minded defense prospect are worth our top defenseman.

Led the league in neutral zone takeaways.
Now, show your work

I think we're giving up way too much

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Why wouldn’t the leafs have the money to sign petro long term at 9 or 10 per? They are about to lost Matthews to either Arizona or Montreal so that frees up money.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Why wouldn’t the leafs have the money to sign petro long term at 9 or 10 per? They are about to lost Matthews to either Arizona or Montreal so that frees up money.
Matthews would likely saw his own foot off before signing an offer sheet with the Habs. 1 footed Matthews would still be a better player than their organization has.

Arizona cant afford him, they cant afford their own team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad