Proposal: Toronto/St. Louis Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
It's like having a nightmare about being trapped in the bowels of hell, and not being able to wake up.

We'll give the Leafs a re-signed Pietrangelo, Thomas, Tarasenko, Schwartz, and our unprotected first round pick for Zaitsev. Just please, God, no more Blues/Leafs threads.

Leafs say no. They're not giving the Blues a stud 6/7 defenseman with a boat anchor contract unless the Blues retain 50% on all those contracts minimum. :sarcasm:

Final offer then and we are done. Blues send the Leafs a re-signed Pietrangelo, Thomas, Tarasenko, Schwartz, and our unprotected first round pick for Zaitsev and agree to a contraction of the team from the NHL and take the remaining players and picks and become an AHL affiliate for Toronto. That way when Parayko, Kyrou, ROR, and anyone else is ready and needed for trade bait, you can just call them up without having to go through any more nonsense. :thumbu:

Reactions: Memento and Snowman

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
probably the first ive heard of willy being one dimensional. advanced stats say otherwise.
you know its not kessel right?

you know pietrnagelo has 1.5 years left and nylander,sandin anda1st would be an absolute goldmine for that right?

doesnt matter leafs pass

pietrangelo likely gets moved for

young roster player (brown/kap)
top prospect (liljegren/sandin)
1st
2nd
Part of the reason Nylander is moved is for Cap Space- Petro would extend for Leafs making their Cap hits the same -Petro is a top pairing RHD anyone saying otherwise is being a fool- He on a long term contract has increased value-
Both players have 7m Cap but Petro extended is worth more than Nylander alone
Sandin and 1st in 2019 would be done deal for Blues and fair trade - plus gives the Leafs room for Marner Matthews Kap in 2020 without having all their Cap tied down w only forwards

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Final offer then and we are done. Blues send the Leafs a re-signed Pietrangelo, Thomas, Tarasenko, Schwartz, and our unprotected first round pick for Zaitsev and agree to a contraction of the team from the NHL and take the remaining players and picks and become an AHL affiliate for Toronto. That way when Parayko, Kyrou, ROR, and anyone else is ready and needed for trade bait, you can just call them up without having to go through any more nonsense. :thumbu:
Meh, you at least need to throw in some frozen custard.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Part of the reason Nylander is moved is for Cap Space- Petro would extend for Leafs making their Cap hits the same -Petro is a top pairing RHD anyone saying otherwise is being a fool- He on a long term contract has increased value-
Both players have 7m Cap but Petro extended is worth more than Nylander alone
Sandin and 1st in 2019 would be done deal for Blues and fair trade - plus gives the Leafs room for Marner Matthews Kap in 2020 without having all their Cap tied down w only forwards
Wow I didnt know Petro had already accepted a extension even though you cant negotiate his next contract left... you cant add value to a player with some hypothetical made up future contract he cant even sign yet lol.

Honestly I want no part in Petro as the cost would be too high for the 1.5 years I would keep him for. I wouldnt want to resign him. Signing 30 almost 31 year old players to long term contracts is proving more and more to be a terrible idea.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Neutral fan here. I see this as very realistic if the Blues were to go full rebuild while Toronto trys to accend to the top of the NHL.

To Toronto: Pietrangelo, Steen(50% retained)

To St. Louis: Nylander, Gardiner, 1st rnd pick and Liljegren.
lol, Leafs don't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

Reactions: Tmart335

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Neutral fan here. I see this as very realistic if the Blues were to go full rebuild while Toronto trys to accend to the top of the NHL.

That better come with an 8 year extension under 7 mill per for Pietro :laugh:

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Leafs don't need PIE. They have the 3rd best defense in the league.:laugh:
The leafs don't really need anything.
They have the second best team in the league. I think their young players just need to gain experience in order to leapfrog Tampa. I don't think a trade is needed at all.... just time

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018

As a St Louis fan I would would make that trade.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
BLOCKBUSTER TRADE
Robert Bortuzzo
for
Martin Marincin & 4th/6th

Dermott - Bortuzzo
Borgman - Ozhiganov (extra)

yurnxt

Apr 7, 2009
Where does this 7 million dollar per year for Pietrangelo come from? He will be getting more than that on his next deal.

Reactions: 67Blues

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He's not making things up. Why wants to take on a contract of 6.9 mil a season while that guy is on a big 16 pt pace.

He is actually on pace for 9 or 10 points this season .
He can only play up to 57 games . 16 would be for a full year

Offside2408

Dec 5, 2018
I would be shocked if Parayko is moved and not at all if AP is. He will get similar to RM trade and no more. The OP ask is way off in my mind (admittedly bias). I’m sure when he is moved and we see what the return is we will come back here and will see the typical “ oh they couldn’t get full value for him because of his NTC” that we always see when the return is way lower then what the fan base expects. We are all guilty of wanting a Kings ransom for our teams good players and rightfully so. As a fan we want the best for our teams but the return for 1.5 years of AP won’t be nearly enough in a blues fans eyes. Especially considering he’s already been having an off year and hasn’t played in how long with this hand injury? When is his expected return anyway? I haven’t heard

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I would be shocked if Parayko is moved and not at all if AP is. He will get similar to RM trade and no more. The OP ask is way off in my mind (admittedly bias). I’m sure when he is moved and we see what the return is we will come back here and will see the typical “ oh they couldn’t get full value for him because of his NTC” that we always see when the return is way lower then what the fan base expects. We are all guilty of wanting a Kings ransom for our teams good players and rightfully so. As a fan we want the best for our teams but the return for 1.5 years of AP won’t be nearly enough in a blues fans eyes. Especially considering he’s already been having an off year and hasn’t played in how long with this hand injury? When is his expected return anyway? I haven’t heard

He came back last night after missing 11 games total. The guy's wife had triplets this summer, last year he scored 15 goals and tied his career best of 54 pts. This notion of him having an off year is certainly true but have a look at contextual factors like coaching issues, the triplets and the Blues being an inconsistent mess altogether this season and his play is a lot easier to understand.

No doubt this summer will have people suggesting he's "regressing" or "declined" citing his point totals without mentioning the factors I mentioned or him missing those 11 games.

Reactions: 67Blues

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
He came back last night after missing 11 games total. The guy's wife had triplets this summer, last year he scored 15 goals and tied his career best of 54 pts. This notion of him having an off year is certainly true but have a look at contextual factors like coaching issues, the triplets and the Blues being an inconsistent mess altogether this season and his play is a lot easier to understand.

No doubt this summer will have people suggesting he's "regressing" or "declined" citing his point totals without mentioning the factors I mentioned or him missing those 11 games.

Shhhh If they think he sucks the terribad trade proposals might stop!

Reactions: TK 421 and 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad