Proposal: Toronto/St. Louis Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
giphy.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's hard to figure values for STL players. Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Schwartz...all having awful, awful, years. Schenn and Thomas not delivering.
At this point, STL is probably best off to sit tight, get a high draft pick, and hope things turn around. About the only guy who can fetch something near his value would be ROR, LOL.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
It's hard to figure values for STL players. Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Schwartz...all having awful, awful, years. Schenn and Thomas not delivering.
At this point, STL is probably best off to sit tight, get a high draft pick, and hope things turn around. About the only guy who can fetch something near his value would be ROR, LOL.
Until Armstrong exercises the Yeo-demons from this team and gets an entire new coaching staff in here with a system that isn't 25 years old, there is no sense in selling low on players who are having an awful year. They'll ride this season out, get a new staff in here and evaluate the direction prior to the draft. They'll sell off the UFAs at the TDL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Until Armstrong exercises the Yeo-demons from this team and gets an entire new coaching staff in here with a system that isn't 25 years old, there is no sense in selling low on players who are having an awful year. They'll ride this season out, get a new staff in here and evaluate the direction prior to the draft. They'll sell off the UFAs at the TDL.
I'm beginning to think that Armstrong is the problem. He seems to go for big moves that look good on paper, but I wonder if they don't mess with team chemistry.
This blaming Yeo for everything doesn't wash. He's gone. No reason to continue playing like Yeobots- though the mind control techniques he employs are deep rooted in the psyche, and have untold power to alter the human condition.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'm beginning to think that Armstrong is the problem. He seems to go for big moves that look good on paper, but I wonder if they don't mess with team chemistry.
This blaming Yeo for everything doesn't wash. He's gone. No reason to continue playing like Yeobots- though the mind control techniques he employs are deep rooted in the psyche, and have untold power to alter the human condition.
Except they removed Yeo and kept the rest of the coaching staff, who seem to play pretty much the same system. Our defense coach has a total of .5 season of experience and then you have Steve Ott who has 1.5 years.

This coaching debacle is 100% on Army back to when he named Yeo as "coach in waiting".

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Except they removed Yeo and kept the rest of the coaching staff, who seem to play pretty much the same system. Our defense coach has a total of .5 season of experience and then you have Steve Ott who has 1.5 years.

This coaching debacle is 100% on Army back to when he named Yeo as "coach in waiting".

This all day.

There wasn't a coaching change in STL, they just fired Yeo(needed but what did that do if you aren't replacing the entire staff or hiring a new head coach immediately?) and left themselves even shorter on NHL coaching experience. I've been beating this same drum going back to last season. Doug Armstrong took too big a role in hiring this coaching staff of inexperienced assistants. Yeo is a bad head coach but D.A. didn't properly support him with NHL caliber assistants outside of Berube and now Berube himself is getting that same lack of support. Big time failure of leadership by Doug Armstrong here.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Matthews would likely saw his own foot off before signing an offer sheet with the Habs. 1 footed Matthews would still be a better player than their organization has.

Arizona cant afford him, they cant afford their own team.

Matthews will sign an offersheet just to get paid properly, and also knowing that Dubas has no choice but to match. I hope MB gives him an offersheet to mess with Leafs cap.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Leafs fans just want someone to bail then out of the Nylander situation. Blues already have a problem with forwards not back checking or winning puck battles. I have Zero interest in taking on Nylander. The Kapanen+ Lil+ pick is much closer but even that I am not real keen on. Kapanen is the type of player Blues should be looking to add though.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Leafs fans just want someone to bail then out of the Nylander situation. Blues already have a problem with forwards not back checking or winning puck battles. I have Zero interest in taking on Nylander. The Kapanen+ Lil+ pick is much closer but even that I am not real keen on. Kapanen is the type of player Blues should be looking to add though.
I agree. I'd prefer Kapanen to Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad