Proposal: Toronto/St. Louis Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Neutral fan here. I see this as very realistic if the Blues were to go full rebuild while Toronto trys to accend to the top of the NHL.

To Toronto: Pietrangelo, Steen(50% retained)

To St. Louis: Nylander, Gardiner, 1st rnd pick and Liljegren.

Dubas has already said that he is not trading Nylander as long as he is GM, so right off the bat that makes this trade unrealistic.

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I mean that’s pretty disingenuous. The concern I have with Nylander is that I don’t know what he is off of Matthews wing.

I find it hard to offer him 7 a year to term and want to trade Pietrangelo for him just do to this. And this is not a knock on Nylander it’s just ignorance on my part. I love ROR but he isn’t going to pull the defense the way Matthews will.

More of Thomas with Nylander as He’s 22- or Schenn or ROR Nylander would have plenty of talent to work with and Blues need big changes Petro Steen and Vlad need to go for the best available hauls
Leafs - Petro
Canes Islanders Flyers - Tarasenko

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
It's like having a nightmare about being trapped in the bowels of hell, and not being able to wake up.

We'll give the Leafs a re-signed Pietrangelo, Thomas, Tarasenko, Schwartz, and our unprotected first round pick for Zaitsev. Just please, God, no more Blues/Leafs threads.
Leafs say no. They're not giving the Blues a stud 6/7 defenseman with a boat anchor contract unless the Blues retain 50% on all those contracts minimum. :sarcasm:

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
8rcxw7f.gif

Reactions: Celtic Note

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Neutral fan here. I see this as very realistic if the Blues were to go full rebuild while Toronto trys to accend to the top of the NHL.

To Toronto: Pietrangelo, Steen(50% retained)

To St. Louis: Nylander, Gardiner, 1st rnd pick and Liljegren.

Let's look at this. First Steen is not needed by the Leafs. He would trouble making the Leafs LW. He has a NTC (which might mean nothing). He is an unneeded almost 3m a year, multi year cap dump, which the Leafs can't afford
So the the Leafs get a productive Pietrangelo for 1.5 years. But the Leafs lose a productive Gardiner for .5 years. (OK let's say Pietrangelo is better than Gardiner for half a season.
So for one year of Pietrangelo, the Leafs are expected to trade 5.5 years of Nylander, their second best prospect Liljegren and a first. You really think this version of Pietrangelo is such a difference maker?
How does it help the Leafs ascend to the top of the NHL? Steen and Pietrangelo, have missed the playoffs during their Blues tenure and I believe have just once won more than one playoff round in a season.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
didn't st.louis offer pietrangelo for willy?

why is toronto paying 3x what tampa paid for mcdonagh (essentially 2 ok prospects, 1st, 2d)?

Reactions: Irish Blues

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
didn't st.louis offer pietrangelo for willy?

why is toronto paying 3x what tampa paid for mcdonagh (essentially 2 ok prospects, 1st, 2d)?
If they did [no one believes they did ] and Dubas refused he should have been fired.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
We just got pounded 6-1. Please, please, explain to me how a one dimensional, defensively suspect forward and an offensively minded defense prospect are worth our top defenseman.

probably the first ive heard of willy being one dimensional. advanced stats say otherwise.
you know its not kessel right?

you know pietrnagelo has 1.5 years left and nylander,sandin anda1st would be an absolute goldmine for that right?

doesnt matter leafs pass

pietrangelo likely gets moved for

young roster player (brown/kap)
top prospect (liljegren/sandin)
1st
2nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad