Proposal: Toronto/St. Louis Blockbuster

Phasenet

Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Neutral fan here. I see this as very realistic if the Blues were to go full rebuild while Toronto trys to accend to the top of the NHL.

To Toronto: Pietrangelo, Steen(50% retained)

To St. Louis: Nylander, Gardiner, 1st rnd pick and Liljegren.

Dec 15, 2002
Would love to move Steen with Petro, but not retained.
If Steen is getting moved at this point, it's going to be salary retained or it's going to come at a cost - either the Blues taking back less or forking over something extra or taking back a lousy contract.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
If Steen is getting moved at this point, it's going to be salary retained or it's going to come at a cost - either the Blues taking back less or forking over something extra or taking back a lousy contract.
Steen for Zaitsev deal?

Parayko for Liljegren, Bracco, 1st, 3rd

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Neutral fan here. I see this as very realistic if the Blues were to go full rebuild while Toronto trys to accend to the top of the NHL.

My stance on any deal involving Pietrangelo has to feature Zaitsev going back in order to fit in Pietrangelo long term.

I don't think St.Louis would see a lot of value in Gardiner as a pending UFA. All of STL's top up and coming defenseman are LHD as well (Dunn and Walman).

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL

Sandin instead of Lil and im in... this team needs a shake up and i love Nylander...and also HATE Steen

Reactions: Whitsmith803

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Top prospect
B level prospect
1st
3rd

For

Top 4 dman

Don’t you ever get tired of getting the same response for the same post over and over again? I get the Leafs fans who make new accounts and try to do a similar deal for Parayko, because they just haven’t seen the response before. But I mean come on, you’ve been around long enough.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You ever get tired of just constantly coming in to leafs threads to crap on them whilst simultaneously making things up?
He's not making things up. Why wants to take on a contract of 6.9 mil a season while that guy is on a big 16 pt pace.

Reactions: Snowman

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Leafs don't need PIE. They have the 3rd best defense in the league.:laugh:

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He's not making things up. Why wants to take on a contract of 6.9 mil a season while that guy is on a big 16 pt pace.

I mean that’s pretty disingenuous. The concern I have with Nylander is that I don’t know what he is off of Matthews wing.

I find it hard to offer him 7 a year to term and want to trade Pietrangelo for him just do to this. And this is not a knock on Nylander it’s just ignorance on my part. I love ROR but he isn’t going to pull the defense the way Matthews will.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00