Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I don't actually think it's a bad offer as Forsberg is just a rental, and a one likely that Leafs can't afford to keep beyond this season.

The fact the Leafs can't afford him doesn't effect his trade value, especially at max retention.

Nashville can just deal him to a club that actually has a hope of extending him.

I'm not one of these guys saying a 1st or Arminov are crap, but trading a high-end winger at max retention would cost the "winning team" of a bidding war a singular better asset than anything offered in this package.

Also I don't think Toronto should be trading prospects or 1st at the point.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
It's really quite odd that on this website is a 2020, 15th overall "Crap" when its a Leaf player but when its most other teams its a valuable asset.

Anyways, this makes zero sense. Way too much for a rental.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
The Leafs already wasted a 1st for Foglino last year, they probably won't again unless its conditional. The Leafs had what 3 picks last draft aswell from acquiring Rittich and Nash, who again, didn't do shit.

Not saying Forsberg would be a waste or anything, but the fact we spent all those picks on people who barely played, will make them gun shy.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
1- if forsberg move, it will be close of trade deadline and clearly not now.

2 if Nashville still in position for a playoff shot, forsberg will stay in Nashville

3 If they out of picture at this moment

A- he want to stay and nashville resign forsberg

B trade somewhere else

At this moment its not about his value but about possible scenario

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
24 year old NHL defenceman, 19 year old 15th overall KHL rookie are both crap now?

Are Tyson Foerster and Cam York Trash as well?

Dermott is definitely awful so I stand by that. Amirov is a wildcard, but in general I don't trust any Leafs 1st round pick that's outside the top 10 or so, since they seem to miss a lot. And the rest we all know are not good pieces, especially a 1st that far into the future.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Dermott is definitely awful so I stand by that. Amirov is a wildcard, but in general I don't trust any Leafs 1st round pick that's outside the top 10 or so, since they seem to miss a lot. And the rest we all know are not good pieces, especially a 1st that far into the future.
You ever heard of Kettle Logic before?

Which leafs first rounders outside the top 10 has this management team missed on? Liljegrin and Sandin look like awesome young players earning NHL icetime with tons of upside, Amirov is in the KHL as a 19 year old and was looking good before injuries slowed his season down. Before that was Matthews, Marner and Nylander who are all top 10 picks and the guys before them are all from Pre Shanny leafs (2013 was Gauthier, 2012- Rielly top 10, 2011-Biggs/ Percy, 2010-Nobody, 2009 - Kadri top 10, 2008 Schenn top 10, 2007 nobody, 2006 Tlusty, 2005 Rask 2004 Nobody)

Since the 2004 Lockout the leafs have made 14 first round selections and all of them except 2 have played multiple seasons in the NHL and they both came from the same Brian Burke draft.

Dermott is not awful, you can stand by it all you want but it just proves you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Toronto players, or maybe even hockey players in general. You post as though you havent looked at the leafs organization or watched a game in nearly a decade and you 100% havent seen any of Amirov's highlights, let alone an actual game in order to form an opinion other than "LOL Leafs took him in the first!"

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Which leafs first rounders outside the top 10 has this management team missed on? Liljegrin and Sandin look like awesome young players earning NHL icetime with tons of upside, Amirov is in the KHL as a 19 year old and was looking good before injuries slowed his season down. Before that was Matthews, Marner and Nylander who are all top 10 picks and the guys before them are all from Pre Shanny leafs (2013 was Gauthier, 2012- Rielly top 10, 2011-Biggs/ Percy, 2010-Nobody, 2009 - Kadri top 10, 2008 Schenn top 10, 2007 nobody, 2006 Tlusty, 2005 Rask 2004 Nobody)

Since the 2004 Lockout the leafs have made 14 first round selections and all of them except 2 have played multiple seasons in the NHL and they both came from the same Brian Burke draft.

Dermott is not awful, you can stand by it all you want but it just proves you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Toronto players, or maybe even hockey players in general. You post as though you havent looked at the leafs organization or watched a game in nearly a decade and you 100% havent seen any of Amirov's highlights, let alone an actual game in order to form an opinion other than "LOL Leafs took him in the first!"
Dermott sucks dude...give it up...

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada

I watch every Leafs game that isn't corresponding with Flyers games. Highlight clips can make any player look good, that's why they're called highlights so for you to use that as some sort of proof that Amirov will be great is ignorant. We've all heard these same stories with Leafs prospects on the board before with Grundstrom and Bracco talking about how great they'll be but they're just buried on the depth chart. Maybe it's you who just watches Leafs games with blinders on, for such a great young player why is he being played so far down the lineup? Why only sign him to a short term contract? Why are two rookies playing more time than him?

Where would Dermott slot in with Nashville? He'd be their 6th defenseman. While you poach their 2nd pairer and a top 6 winger. At the cost of a worse defenseman, 2 cap dumps, a 1st round pick that they won't see in the NHL for most likely 6 seasons due to how late that pick will be and Amirov who has a great highlight video on youtube.

I will say though, I love how quick and defensive you get when someone doesn't like a player on your team and you have to immediately pull out cards that the person must not watch hockey lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad