Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
So how's about you hold off on replying to anything here until some NHL management teams chime in, then?
:dunno:
Point being, take out the extra pieces and in a vacuum, forsberg for a top prospect and a first is more or less the value Nashville is likely to expect based on what we've seen rental players go for in the past

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Toronto Maple Leafs
Filip Forsberg (50% retained)
Matthew Benning
Connor Ingram
Nashville Predators
Nick Ritchie
Travis Dermott
Leafs’ first-round draft pick of 2023
Rodion Amirov
Micheal Hutchinson
So you want to get Nashville to take Toronto's trash for good players? Ritchie is garbage. Dermott is bottom pair on D. The pick is valuable. Amirov is complete trash and a waste of a first round pick who will never see the NHL. Hutchinson is pure hot garbage.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Forget Forsberg, would be interested in what Tanner Jeannot is worth though.. like what I am seeing from him this year.
laugh-mock.gif

GTFO with that.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Toronto doesn’t offer because they can’t afford to extend Forsberg and a 1st plus Amirov is a lot to give up for a pure rental.

Nashville declines because the 1st is in the wrong year, we have no use for half of what’s being sent towards us and we’d rather have Ingram than Hutchinson. Ritchie and Dermott don’t move the needle any.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
The proposal is needlessly complex. First plus a prospect is probably what he will go for as a rental. Throw the rest out. If the Leafs were interested they could deal with the cap implications elsewhere. It doesn't have to be all one trade. FWIW, I don't see retention on rentals as a huge game changer. It opens up the market a bit, but it's more like, if you get an offer you like, you retain to make it work if needed.

I'm torn on whether the Leafs go for a big dick rental this season. On one hand, they've got to prove something before you keep wasting assets. On the other, in for a penny in for a pound, I guess. I would way rather go big on a guy like Forsberg than spend another 1st on a ~30 point defensive winger to play on our top offensive line...

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Forget Forsberg, would be interested in what Tanner Jeannot is worth though.. like what I am seeing from him this year.

I think the fans would riot. He is probably the most universally liked "favorite player" in years. He's easy to cheer for and seems to be a motor for this team. I don't think it's a stretch to see him with a letter on his chest with the path he's leading.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Toronto Maple Leafs
Filip Forsberg (50% retained)
Matthew Benning
Connor Ingram
Nashville Predators
Nick Ritchie
Travis Dermott
Leafs’ first-round draft pick of 2023
Rodion Amirov
Micheal Hutchinson
:laugh: nashville passes on the trash

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
So you want to get Nashville to take Toronto's trash for good players? Ritchie is garbage. Dermott is bottom pair on D. The pick is valuable. Amirov is complete trash and a waste of a first round pick who will never see the NHL. Hutchinson is pure hot garbage.
I think you need to take a break from HF boards, seems like youre getting very emotional.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I wouldn't mind, but this proposal doesn't contain any trash.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Why would Nashville take this and kick the first down the road a year when they can easily get a first this coming year in a highly touted draft?
For Amirov? They get a slightly later 1st in a weaker draft and a top rospect now and a serviceable bottom 4 d to make up difference.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Mark stone get traded for a 2nd pick and brannstrom and he resign 2 week later with vegas.

Stone is by far a better player than forsberg so if nashville get amirov and a 1st pick (or something similar) for a rental forsberg, they will be extremely lucky. 1st pick and abramov should be closer of forsberg value right now

Reactions: Nylanderthal

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
I wouldn't mind, but this proposal doesn't contain any trash.
'Really? Ritchie...23 shots on goal in 15 games. And most of those shots were perimeter shots. 9 of those shots came in 2 games. One with 4 shots, one with 5 shots. That means 14 shots in 13 games. How much more garbage do you need? Amirov is starting to look like a bust. Dermott has late 4th or early 5th round pic value. All the players coming are decent and Forsberg is a star. Come on man, I know you are a leaf fan and over value players, but Hutchinson? Really? That is a hot garbage goalie.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
'Really? Ritchie...23 shots on goal in 15 games. And most of those shots were perimeter shots. 9 of those shots came in 2 games. One with 4 shots, one with 5 shots. That means 14 shots in 13 games. How much more garbage do you need? Amirov is starting to look like a bust. Dermott has late 4th or early 5th round pic value. All the players coming are decent and Forsberg is a star. Come on man, I know you are a leaf fan and over value players, but Hutchinson? Really? That is a hot garbage goalie.

Omg a lot of prospect should already look like a bust in your head..

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth

Isn't Amirov a 2020 draft pick? How the hell can he be a bust already? Did his other leg fall off?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
People simply need to stop talking about Dermott, Ritchie, and Hutchinson, period. There is no way Nashville takes any of those players back, no way they give up Ingram and Benning as part of a package that sees them coming back. Everybody just needs to flush that part of the proposal from their minds.

1st+Amirov just for Forsberg is a decent proposal. Some fans on either side could get onboard with that. But I think Nashville fans in general would rather just wait and see... we wouldn't take that proposal today. Come March, if we still think we don't need Forsberg for our own playoff run, and if it turned out to be the best offer on the board, it would be "good enough". I think we'd all rather be keeping Forsberg and having a playoff run instead. OR we'd prefer if a bidding war provided a more interesting prospect than Amirov. But end of the day, it's not impossible we could take that deal in March. Not very likely everything turns out that way, but not impossible.

Whereas anything involving those other players per the OP IS fully impossible.

Reactions: Armourboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad