Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
So we’re just leaving out the 50% retained part as well taking Ritchie as a cap dump and ignore the other players going to TO
The retention is only for the remainder of the year and Nashville have plenty of space. I don't really see Ritchie as a deal-breaker but if $2.5M for one more year is back-breaking to Nashville, that is their choice.

Point remains that from Toronto's point of view this deal is absolute garbage unless there was some sign-and-trade thing going on.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
so Nashville gives up the best player AND retains on him?? for....?

Former 1st round pick and elite prospect Nik Ritchie :sarcasm:

But honestly, no interest in moving Amirov and a 1st. We need players to come produce on ELCs. Also our goalie depth is f***ed, cannot afford to move Hutch. This doesn't help Toronto. Giving up way too much for a rental.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
1st and a high end prospect is what Poile would be looking at to move Forsberg. I might be wrong, but I don't recall a scenario where Poile has retained in a trade. It's at the least highly uncommon for it to occur. I still say we should call our 1 time division rivals and see if a Forsberg for Jarvis deal could be hammered out.
I would hope Poile is not just blindly stubborn on the retention. We're in a bit of a different place than we have ever been in the past. With so many teams jammed to the cap, with so much of our own cap space available, with no additional years on Forsberg's contract... well, he would be a complete fool to refuse to retain if it meant passing up on the best possible return.

I'm frankly more concerned that he would look at our team, the likelihood that we are still in a playoff spot ourselves come trade deadline, and just prefer to retain Forsberg for the "playoff run". Well, maybe "concerned" is the wrong word. It might actually make sense. But I could see him doing that, moreso than just stubbornly refusing to retain.
:dunno:

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
The retention is only for the remainder of the year and Nashville have plenty of space. I don't really see Ritchie as a deal-breaker but if $2.5M for one more year is back-breaking to Nashville, that is their choice.

Point remains that from Toronto's point of view this deal is absolute garbage unless there was some sign-and-trade thing going on.
Call it garbage if that’s what you think, however ignoring very important parts of the proposal makes it seem misleading.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Preds should be able to get as good a value from another team in a trade without so many moving parts. No reason for us to also be moving Ingram and taking back $4M in salary that doesn't expire this off-season across two players (when we already don't have enough room for our prospects/young players on either side of the puck).

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Call it garbage if that’s what you think, however ignoring very important parts of the proposal makes it seem misleading.
What's misleading is you avoiding the fact this is just straight bad for Toronto.

Do you think it is a good move for Toronto to trade their 1st, their top prospect, and Dermott in order to get a few months of Forsberg at 50% and dropping Ritchie's contract that the team literally just signed this year? You would make that move if you were Toronto's GM?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
What's misleading is you avoiding the fact this is just straight bad for Toronto.

Do you think it is a good move for Toronto to trade their 1st, their top prospect, and Dermott in order to get a few months of Forsberg at 50% and dropping Ritchie's contract that the team literally just signed this year? You would make that move if you were Toronto's GM?
Keep in mind that from where we're sitting, Ingram may well turn out to be a better NHL player than Amirov or a 1st. And that Benning is just as good to us as Dermott, but cheaper. So the additional asks that the OP piled in there are definitely not attractive to us in Nashville.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Actually yes they do. Lotw of moving pcs but they would take that. Nashville wouod decline the addition of forsberg cant be underestimated
Actually, no. The won't. Yes, I agree the Forsburg is a good player, but he doesn't go at that price. At least, not to Toronto.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

I don’t think it’s too bad. I think Forsberg will get a first and a top prospect without retention, with retention and the cap dump it’s not impossible to say the equivalent of another high 2nd late first, plus factor in that Ingram is out performing hutch for half the price and the cap savings involved in that portion of the deal and it’s worth at least adding that second first round pick. Then there’s Benning, nothing special but doesn’t cost much so call that a wash or a 5th round pick.
In no world is Dermot worth a 1st, a 5th plus the cap savings on both those players. Especially with receiving a reasonable replacement in Benning for another half mil cheaper. This deal ads Forsberg at 3 mil while removing almost 4 additional mil from the leafs cap. Essentially getting Forsberg for free, all while replacing the other players the leafs lose in the deal, all for a top prospect and a 1st.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Like everyone else said, this isn't a good deal for Nashville. We can get a better 1st and a better prospect without retaining and giving up Ingram and taking back Toronto's randoms.

Reactions: Armourboy

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Like everyone else said, this isn't a good deal for Nashville. We can get a better 1st and a better prospect without retaining and giving up Ingram and taking back Toronto's randoms.
Who's first are they going to get that's better? Any team that trades for him is going to give up a late first and any team that's looking to make a deep run probably doesn't have a blue chip prospect, they would more or less be on the same level as amirov. Saying otherwise is just delusional

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
none of this is valid.l, unless you're the gm of one of said teams. It's all make believe here, none of it matters lol

No shit. But there are certain givens we can assume to make discussion more realistic. We also dont know that we're not the figments of a fat evil baby's imagination, but living life taking that assumption as given doesn't do much for us.

Why would we ever assume Forsberg is only able to be dealt to Toronto? You're being stupid.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Who's first are they going to get that's better? Any team that trades for him is going to give up a late first and any team that's looking to make a deep run probably doesn't have a blue chip prospect, they would more or less be on the same level as amirov. Saying otherwise is just delusional
while I won't pretend to know about better prospects or better draft picks, I will say, I think we can get a 1st and a top prospect at the deadline without adding Ingram, retention or a cash dump.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Who knows what they can really get, but given that fans of around 10 teams have indicated potential interest, it seems at least plausible they could get a slightly better 1st. Although at that part of the draft I don't think whether you pick 22nd or 25th is really what matters, it's how you use the pick. And most of those teams are also offering more interesting prospects than Amirov. And not asking us to give up players we don't want to give up like Benning and Ingram.

So this offer from the OP is FAR below any other offer I've seen so far. It would not even make the list of offers to put up on the board in the Preds office to consider. Scaling things back to just 1st+Amirov for Forsberg would at least make the board. But probably would not be the top offer, based on some of these other ones anyway.

Reactions: Armourboy

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Who knows what they can really get, but given that fans of around 10 teams have indicated potential interest, it seems at least plausible they could get a slightly better 1st. Although at that part of the draft I don't think whether you pick 22nd or 25th is really what matters, it's how you use the pick. And most of those teams are also offering more interesting prospects than Amirov. And not asking us to give up players we don't want to give up like Benning and Ingram.

So this offer from the OP is FAR below any other offer I've seen so far. It would not even make the list of offers to put up on the board in the Preds office to consider. Scaling things back to just 1st+Amirov for Forsberg would at least make the board. But probably would not be the top offer, based on some of these other ones anyway.

Emphasis on the word fans, not management teams

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
No shit. But there are certain givens we can assume to make discussion more realistic. We also dont know that we're not the figments of a fat evil baby's imagination, but living life taking that assumption as given doesn't do much for us.

Why would we ever assume Forsberg is only able to be dealt to Toronto? You're being stupid.
The premise of the thread is that he gets dealt to Toronto

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
The premise of the thread is that he gets dealt to Toronto
Yes, the premise is he is dealt to Toronto because Toronto offers the best deal - not because they are the only team in the running. If Toronto offers the best deal for FF, they will almost 100% certainly need to beat out teams who could re-sign him. Most people would consider this line of logic to be obvious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad