Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
'Really? Ritchie...23 shots on goal in 15 games. And most of those shots were perimeter shots. 9 of those shots came in 2 games. One with 4 shots, one with 5 shots. That means 14 shots in 13 games. How much more garbage do you need? Amirov is starting to look like a bust. Dermott has late 4th or early 5th round pic value. All the players coming are decent and Forsberg is a star. Come on man, I know you are a leaf fan and over value players, but Hutchinson? Really? That is a hot garbage goalie.
Ritchie has had a poor start. Many Leafs had. You can't tell if Amirov is looking like a bust as he has been injured this year. Hutchinson is a back up. But you right in two parts- Forsberg is a good player and I am a Leaf fan, but I never over value players.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He’s a rental. For 2 1sts. Imo that’s to much for Forsburg think he gets a b prospect and 1st at the deadline. A little more then hall. probably would go to Pittsburgh or Carolina.
Pittsburgh won't even be in the playoff mix at that time so that's a non factor

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
People simply need to stop talking about Dermott, Ritchie, and Hutchinson, period. There is no way Nashville takes any of those players back, no way they give up Ingram and Benning as part of a package that sees them coming back. Everybody just needs to flush that part of the proposal from their minds.

1st+Amirov just for Forsberg is a decent proposal. Some fans on either side could get onboard with that. But I think Nashville fans in general would rather just wait and see... we wouldn't take that proposal today. Come March, if we still think we don't need Forsberg for our own playoff run, and if it turned out to be the best offer on the board, it would be "good enough". I think we'd all rather be keeping Forsberg and having a playoff run instead. OR we'd prefer if a bidding war provided a more interesting prospect than Amirov. But end of the day, it's not impossible we could take that deal in March. Not very likely everything turns out that way, but not impossible.

Whereas anything involving those other players per the OP IS fully impossible.
Agreed and nice post.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Omg a lot of prospect should already look like a bust in your head..
A lot? How about one. Amirov. I don't get why half of leafs nation goes gaga for this kid. Go look at his record for the last 3 years. Nothing but garbage and that won't even get him a drink of coffee let alone the whole cup. He won't be in the NHL. He will be lucky to stick with the Marlies. Just go look at his stats. They are terrible. In the last 5 years he has played for almost 15 different teams. Most of those teams were demotions. In 21 games with the KHL he had 2 points. You have to back to when he was a bantam age player to see he only had a PPG. The rest has been trash. If you can't predict a bust player, then take a look at this kid. Don't take my word for it. Go look at his prospect page. The leafs selected him and all of a sudden this kid is the next Gretzky. He is will be a bust. All you Amirov fans, I promise in a couple years, I will comeback and revisit the bust comment. By then a lot more people will be also calling him a bust.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
A lot? How about one. Amirov. I don't get why half of leafs nation goes gaga for this kid. Go look at his record for the last 3 years. Nothing but garbage and that won't even get him a drink of coffee let alone the whole cup. He won't be in the NHL. He will be lucky to stick with the Marlies. Just go look at his stats. They are terrible. In the last 5 years he has played for almost 15 different teams. Most of those teams were demotions. In 21 games with the KHL he had 2 points. You have to back to when he was a bantam age player to see he only had a PPG. The rest has been trash. If you can't predict a bust player, then take a look at this kid. Don't take my word for it. Go look at his prospect page. The leafs selected him and all of a sudden this kid is the next Gretzky. He is will be a bust. All you Amirov fans, I promise in a couple years, I will comeback and revisit the bust comment. By then a lot more people will be also calling him a bust.

Nobody cares lmao

Reactions: Nizdizzle

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

The guy come from 2020 draft dude...hes only 20 and get injured this season. His stats... not thata bad in KHL

Just as exemple, Kucherov 1st season post draft 4 point in 18 game in KHL year 2, only 10 point in 6 game in qmjhl. You just cant considerate a 20 years old prospect as a bust

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
And what exactly do you think Ritchie, Dermott, and Hutchinson are in this deal to us? Worse than the fodder we are sending you.
I definitely do not think Ingram and Benning are "fodder".

Benning is nothing particularly special but I don't see any reason to think Dermott is either. Benning has given us real quality minutes as a substitute on basically every pair from 1st-3rd-pressbox. I think the Preds should value his versatility and he seems to be a great fit. Dermott is a total question mark to us. I value Benning > Dermott.

Ritchie and Hutchinson are total contract dumps. Nobody wants them.

But on Ingram.. that's a player who is our #2 goalie next season. He has shown he's ready. He's in the AHL only due to a weird sequence of events. But he's an NHL player. It's not even certain that Amirov will ever be an NHL player. Ingram > Amirov to me. The Leafs may have no need of a #2 goalie, I have no idea. But Ingram is already that, and we are gonna need that in Nashville next year. Ingram is very extremely "not fodder". That's one of the biggest breaking points in the OP's offer. Ingram is off the table.

Reactions: Soundgarden

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I definitely do not think Ingram and Benning are "fodder".

Benning is nothing particularly special but I don't see any reason to think Dermott is either. Benning has given us real quality minutes as a substitute on basically every pair from 1st-3rd-pressbox. I think the Preds should value his versatility and he seems to be a great fit. Dermott is a total question mark to us. I value Benning > Dermott.

Ritchie and Hutchinson are total contract dumps. Nobody wants them.

But on Ingram.. that's a player who is our #2 goalie next season. He has shown he's ready. He's in the AHL only due to a weird sequence of events. But he's an NHL player. It's not even certain that Amirov will ever be an NHL player. Ingram > Amirov to me. The Leafs may have no need of a #2 goalie, I have no idea. But Ingram is already that, and we are gonna need that in Nashville next year. Ingram is very extremely "not fodder". That's one of the biggest breaking points in the OP's offer. Ingram is off the table.
Hutchinson is a league minimum contract, how do you figure that's a cap dumps?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Forsberg is a really good player, but with his health issues he's not going to make it to the end of his next contract. Huge risk with the potential for a huge reward.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad