Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Toronto Maple Leafs
Filip Forsberg (50% retained)
Matthew Benning
Connor Ingram
Nashville Predators
Nick Ritchie
Travis Dermott
Leafs’ first-round draft pick of 2023
Rodion Amirov
Micheal Hutchinson

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Forsberg - Matthews - Nylander
Kerfoot - Tavares - Marner
Bunting - Kampf - Kase
Mikheyev - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Liljigren
Benning

Campbell
Mrazak
Ingram

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
Poile upon hearing this offer:
giphy.gif

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't actually think it's a bad offer as Forsberg is just a rental, and a one likely that Leafs can't afford to keep beyond this season.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Thats a ridiculous haul for Nashville. I feel like some people don't even read the proposal, they just see Toronto and put on their meme hats.

A pending UFA (rental) for a 1st, Toronto's top prospect, a young and serviceable bottom-4 d-man in Dermott. That would be trade of the year for Nashville. If they plan on resigning Forsberg, all the power to them but there is zero chance Toronto would touch this.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Thats a ridiculous haul for Nashville. I feel like some people don't even read the proposal, they just see Toronto and put on their meme hats.

A pending UFA (rental) for a 1st, Toronto's top prospect, a young and serviceable bottom-4 d-man in Dermott. That would be trade of the year for Nashville. If they plan on resigning Forsberg, all the power to them but there is zero chance Toronto would touch this.
you forgot the retaining and taking a cap dump

and Amirov might be good.. might be the next Johnsson/Bracco...etc..

to your point, as a pure rental, the 1st he'll return (and he should) will be from a playoff team, so it'll be mid-low-ish regardless

I think Nashville can do just as well without retaining and taking back a cap dump

ymmv

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
For junk? Sure. I don't think Nashville will do it. At any rate , they won't get a first +Amirov ++ for a rental. Nashville can trade Forsburg to some other team. Good player though.
It doesn’t look like it’s just for forsberg though.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
There's no reason to build this trade up. Take out Benning and Ingram and all the junk the Leafs are throwing back.

Forsberg retained for a 1st+prospect is becoming an increasingly interesting scenario for us, since we seem to be winning just fine without him. I'm not sure Toronto would have the best 1st+prospect to offer, compared to other teams who might be interested, however. But it's worth putting on the table for consideration.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Can we stop moving futures please?

Especially for rentals.
and there's the rub... TOR's window is now

so add rentals for a push?
keep prospects and hope this roster puts it together?

or more likely hope for a jump in the salary cap (don't see that one happening right away personally)

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
There's no reason to build this trade up. Take out Benning and Ingram and all the junk the Leafs are throwing back.

Forsberg retained for a 1st+prospect is becoming an increasingly interesting scenario for us, since we seem to be winning just fine without him. I'm not sure Toronto would have the best 1st+prospect to offer, compared to other teams who might be interested, however. But it's worth putting on the table for consideration.

What he said

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
1st and a high end prospect is what Poile would be looking at to move Forsberg. I might be wrong, but I don't recall a scenario where Poile has retained in a trade. It's at the least highly uncommon for it to occur. I still say we should call our 1 time division rivals and see if a Forsberg for Jarvis deal could be hammered out.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

So we’re just leaving out the 50% retained part as well taking Ritchie as a cap dump and ignore the other players going to TO

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
For junk? Sure. I don't think Nashville will do it. At any rate , they won't get a first +Amirov ++ for a rental. Nashville can trade Forsburg to some other team. Good player though.
No they won’t, but this was with retention, and taking a cap dump back. Something a few posters seem to be ignoring here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad