Rumor: Toronto, Nashville, Utah, NY Islanders teams with interest in Maxim Shabanov

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
It’s always strange to me how NHL teams view players overseas. Nigel Dawes never sniffed the NHL again despite being one of the KHLs most productive goal scorers of all time. I feel like some of the mystery of a player is more appealing than the actual results.
Well that’s kind of the point though. You don’t know until you try.

ZegrasOwnsYou

Jun 19, 2024
I don't think he's being given enough credit in this thread. He popped up on my radar this time last year. Having watched a handful of Traktor games last season, a few this season, season highlights & clips from HNH.

Yeah, he's smaller but he is quick, acceleration is far better than what it was this time last year, smart passes, smooth hands, drives the net & quite creative

His year-to-year point production has gone up every season he's gotten more ice time, got even better when his PK time got slashed.

He needs some work defensively, there were a few instances last year where he got caught behind the play. His shot while accurate is lacking in the power department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad