Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers 3/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Hagelin was showing so much respect for St. Louis. He could on a break away and would of back passed it to St. Louis entering the zone.

Yeah, it is what it is. Hags is impressionable. But I'm not sure if he has the creativity to play on that line.

I agree with others that Krieder should get a look on that line.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I thought MSL was our best forward, if not out best skater, tonight.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Some questionable calls / non-calls. Hagelin doesn't belong on the first line. I'd rather try Nash at LW, or Kreider, in his place. Lundqvist played well. Bring on Friday.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Why did Klein-Moore get so little ice time? I thought they solidified themselves as an elite 3rd pair?

They don't seem to have great chemistry and were caught flat-footed a few times. I'd like to see Klein pair up with McDonagh, Moore with Stralman and Girardi with Staal.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Offense looked mostly inept except for that quick shorthanded burst. Need Zucc back and a few practices for MSL to get accustomed to the system. We're dropping in the standings pretty quickly with these losses and we need to string together a few W's.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
It gets frustrating watching him trying to deke and butt turn through 3-4 guys when he has his teammates open.

Oh I know, but the "he's a bum," "he's a true loser," "he sucks," "horrible hockey player" bs is just as frustrating. Nash is one of our top 3 forwards and is part of our core whether you like it or not. The hate for Nash and Lundqvist this season is disgusting.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
Were a completely different team with Zucc back. Not too worried. MSL brings an excitement that I havent seen since Jagr. Guy just makes plays. Kind of expected a tough game from him. Played last night, flew in today to be put right into the lineup. Its only going to get better, and for all that considered he looked damn good. You put him and Zucc on the PP together, and **** will happen.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
He hasn't been the same since that ******** Tyutin ejection.

How does he get a kick, though. He's not playing bad per se, just not as good as he could be.

Kreider needs a little mean streak to his game. It gets his legs moving and keeps him engaged.

That line needs a catalyst. All 3 of them have been timid.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Oh I know, but the "he's a bum," "he's a true loser," "he sucks," "horrible hockey player" bs is just as frustrating. Nash is one of our top 3 forwards and is part of our core whether you like it or not. The hate for Nash and Lundqvist this season is disgusting.

I agree with you there. Its a lot easier to go after the stars than admit to the real issues with this team. Which, primarily, is lack of depth at center/LW and shoddy/inconsistent defensive zone coverage.

SupersonicMonkey*

Nash wasn't - by far - at fault for that last goal. But his play tonight was pretty pathetic.

Its not just about tonight. He doesn't have what it takes to win. Sather should have been cautious, but he sees glitz and headlines and can't help himself.

This isn't a team, its a collection of individuals. They don't stick up for eachother, they get pushed around, they have no urgency. 19 games left, they are one point away from being out of a playoff spot (they are not getting a wild card) and this is their response? Play 10 minutes out of 65?

Nash, to me, is the personification of what is wrong with this hockey club.

Sather is dilusional. They are not winning the Cup.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
So you'd play Nash at LW on the Richards/MSL line? Because I don't think you can break up the Zuccarello/Brassard/Pouliot line. They have great chemistry.

I would try that. The impact MSL had on Brad was awesome. If he can get Nash going that line would be something special.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Kreider Richards MSL
Hagelin Stepan Nash

Switch Steps with Brass if you want, but pretty please let's try this.

You know, everyone hated Torts for constantly changing up lines. Now we're begging for just one tiny switch up.

InHenrikWeTrust

Apr 20, 2012
I think that first line needs to be taken apart. I don't see the chemistry they once had anymore. They are forcing a lot of plays and just don't look compatible anymore. I think MSL/Richards/Nash is worth a look.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Kreider Richards MSL
Hagelin Stepan Nash

Switch Steps with Brass if you want, but pretty please let's try this.

You know, everyone hated Torts for constantly changing up lines. Now we're begging for just one tiny switch up.

I really would rather see Stepan - Nash broken up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad