Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers 3/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Nash wasn't - by far - at fault for that last goal. But his play tonight was pretty pathetic.

He wasn't good tonight. I'm not denying that. But he is the first person everyone on this board blames when something goes wrong. Without even seeing the gwg everyone says "oh ****ing Nash sucks" it's comical the hate that he gets.

park rangers

Optimist
Feb 7, 2009
NJ
2 cups in 87 years. I was not old enough to experience '94 and I can honestly say, once the Rangers win their third cup, I too can die in peace.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Nash is soooooo bad and overrated.. Place him in the fourth line with Boyle and Carcillo.. BOOO

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Nash is playing disturbingly soft and on the perimeter. He needs to drive the damn net, he settles for shots 20 feet away with no chance of going in.

I would try Nash with Brassard next game. Step is the major problem on that line.

They need to push down Step to third line duties and pair him with hags/pouliot. Steps is playing horribly against top defensive pairings.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
That whole line stinks, and has for a while.

Stepan and Kreider need to wake up too.
kreider was fine. I mean they need to get hima way from stepan because stepan doenst have the speed or playmaking to keep up with kreider. put him with richards and st. louis and you will see good results

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Also, can the Dorsett experiment please end? Put Miller back in, he looked better with Brass and Poo. And I think Miller can provide more energy than Dorsett at this point.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
This was a good game for us.

If that's the worst our defense can look (according to some posters here) then we have a hell of a team. I'll take 2 goals in regulation every day.

When Zucc comes back we can roll three lines that are legit threats and can maintain offensive zone possession. Keep the lines as they are, pls AV. Hags and St. Louis compliment each other so nicely with speed and hands.... Hags just needs to learn how to finish. Richie had a shot off the post early in the second. McDonagh almost scored a second goal. This could've been our game in regulation, easily.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I would try Nash with Brassard next game. Step is the major problem on that line.

They need to push down Step to third line duties and pair him with hags/pouliot. Steps is playing horribly against top defensive pairings.

It's not Stepan's fault that Nash isn't driving the net like he should be. Though I don't think he's playing particularly well, either.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
kreider was fine. I mean they need to get hima way from stepan because stepan doenst have the speed or playmaking to keep up with kreider. put him with richards and st. louis and you will see good results

Kreider was not, and has not been, fine. Whats the point in making excuses? He needs a kick in the ass....again.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Also, can the Dorsett experiment please end? Put Miller back in, he looked better with Brass and Poo. And I think Miller can provide more energy than Dorsett at this point.

Miller couldn't be on the roster because we had too many guys or something. Also Zucc is coming back next game so that will help.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
He wasn't good tonight. I'm not denying that. But he is the first person everyone on this board blames when something goes wrong. Without even seeing the gwg everyone says "oh ****ing Nash sucks" it's comical the hate that he gets.

It gets frustrating watching him trying to deke and butt turn through 3-4 guys when he has his teammates open.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Agreed. The only time Dorsett is noticeable is when hes being an idiot.

InHenrikWeTrust

Apr 20, 2012
Hagelin was showing so much respect for St. Louis. He could be on a break away and would of back passed it to St. Louis entering the zone.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
It's not Stepan's fault that Nash isn't driving the net like he should be. Though I don't think he's playing particularly well, either.

Nash has not been playing well. But a big reason why is that Step defaults to him at the wrong times and offers little support for Nash in the O zone.

Step has shown a surprising lack of vision the past few months. He needs to find his game. He is not going to do that against top defensive units.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
2 cups in 87 years. I was not old enough to experience '94 and I can honestly say, once the Rangers win their third cup, I too can die in peace.

They've got four. Just two since the invention of broadcast television.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Kreider was not, and has not been, fine. Whats the point in making excuses? He needs a kick in the ass....again.

He hasn't been the same since that ******** Tyutin ejection.

How does he get a kick, though. He's not playing bad per se, just not as good as he could be.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why did Klein-Moore get so little ice time? I thought they solidified themselves as an elite 3rd pair?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Granted the Rangers' penalties were warranted and stupid, Toronto got away with at least two unquestionable penalties.

Nash looked disinterested, Kreider is ineffective when the defense takes the outside away on the rush. Richards took one of the laziest penalties I've ever seen. Literally, one of the laziest I've seen in my life.

Didn't really deserve to win. There's still something missing with this team, hopefully it's Zucc. MSL is a good fit, he looked dynamic out there.

Take the point and run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad