Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers 3/5/2014

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You hit on it earlier...Hagelin has great speed, but, especially in the offensive zone, he's all over the place...and not in a good way.

He has no real position. He plays as sort of a rover. And it's just not conducive to anything on a top line. It's fine on the 3rd line, but why are we wasting our scorers playing with him?

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I'd really like AV to shuffle up the defensive pairs a bit. I'd like to see it look like this:

Staal---Girardi
McDonagh---Klein
Moore----Stralman
Falk/Diaz

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The Rangers defensive coverage has been horribly inconsistent all year. Every time it looks like they have finally mastered man-on-man, they put up a few stinkers with defensive lapses left and right.

St. Louis looked good, can't say the same for others. He can't fix everything. Nash looks lost and Hagelin needs to be in the bottom 6 where he belongs. McDonagh had a bad game, he hasn't looked as good since the Olympic break.

And the lack of finish was frustrating once again. Thanks Dion and Dom Moore for the point.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Just a poorly played game. One that really highlighted some depth issues down the middle and on defense.

Can you recall one dynamic play from the top 3 centers tonight? Just one?

Whats worse is the d-zone coverage. Stralman and Moore looked like they were playing with blindfolds on. Girardi and McDonagh were a mess on the last shift, but they were leaned on heavily all game.

SupersonicMonkey*

The hatred for Nash is ****ing hilarious

He is gutless. He is a huge man and cowers at the hint of physicality. He's fat, out of shape, lazy, and indiferent.

It's a problem. Little by little Sather has gutted this team of it's fortitude.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Great game guys. :laugh: :shakehead

Defense...what's that?

Whatever, at least we got a point...

The Rangers defensive coverage has been horribly inconsistent all year. Every time it looks like they have finally mastered man-on-man, they put up a few stinkers with defensive lapses left and right.

St. Louis looked good, can't say the same for others. He can't fix everything. Nash looks lost and Hagelin needs to be in the bottom 6 where he belongs. McDonagh had a bad game, he hasn't looked as good since the Olympic break.

And the lack of finish was frustrating once again. Thanks Dion and Dom Moore for the point.

Yep.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Rough night defensively for McDonagh...

He's had a rough season. This is not new this season; it was just more obvious tonight.

Compared to what we've been used to from him in prior seasons, he has been - way too often this season - getting caught out of position, flat footed, and watching the play go by him. I was hoping it was just a transition period to AV's system at the beginning of the season. But that is no longer an excuse. I don't get it.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
rampage-jackson-breaks-door-o.gif
[/URL]

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Just a poorly played game. One that really highlighted some depth issues down the middle and on defense.

Can you recall one dynamic play from the top 3 centers tonight? Just one?

Whats worse is the d-zone coverage. Stralman and Moore looked like they were playing with blindfolds on. Girardi and McDonagh were a mess on the last shift, but they were leaned on heavily all game.

Completely disagree. I thought they both played very well tonight. Moreso Stralman.

The game really wasn't played badly. Just didn't bury chances. And had some breakdowns.

bmw2004

Mar 8, 2006
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Terrible performance by this teams defense. Our offense can't score all of a sudden. Lundqvist has been shaky in net since his return from Sochi.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He is gutless. He is a huge man and cowers at the hint of physicality. He's fat, out of shape, lazy, and indiferent.

It's a problem. Little by little Sather has gutted this team of it's fortitude.

This is exactly what I'm talking about

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm really pissed that the reffing in this game was so one-sided.

I expect that garbage up in Canada. Not at home.

Huh?

I'm usually the first one to blame the refs, but they weren't all that bad.

However, it certainly seemed like Toronto could come into the zone off-sides any time they wanted to.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Completely disagree. I thought they both played very well tonight. Moreso Stralman.

The game really wasn't played badly. Just didn't bury chances. And had some breakdowns.

Definitely. Must've been why their minutes got cut as the game went on...because they were playing well.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Nash is playing disturbingly soft and on the perimeter. He needs to drive the damn net, he settles for shots 20 feet away with no chance of going in.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Definitely. Must've been why their minutes got cut as the game went on...because they were playing well.

If it were a close game with must have points up for grabs I'd shorten my bench too. I really didn't think they played bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad