Toronto Maple Leafs - 2022 Entry Draft - 2nd Rd Pick (38th OA) - Fraser Minten (C)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
This thread will be fun to revisit in 8 to 12 months.

Especially when considering the last few Leafs 2nd round picks made by Dubas and Co.

But a lot of people praised Robertson and Knies at the time, you could see the upsides there. This definitely feels different. The front office has also been reconfigured since those picks, this is the first draft where Clark has been leading the department.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Judging by his write up and position, I guess the range of possibilities would be Patrice Bergeron-Adam Brooks. We’ll see.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
2FD284E4-788C-47A1-AB20-9E274E58623D.jpeg

Reactions: Magic Man

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Dubas drafts a ppg+ small player and this board is all 'OMG DUFAS DRAFTING SOFT PLAYERS AGAIN"

Dubas drafts a 6 foot 1 center who plays a greasy and responsible game "LOL Dubas wtf is this pick".

What do people want? Big, good skating, high IQ, ppg+ forwards in the 2nd round?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Rankings seem to have him going a range of spots across the 2nd round. Don't think he was on my radar before the draft - certainly have never seen him play

Always nice to add a centre. Hopefully he pans out into a useful pieces for the top 9 (or better...)
Ya the center part is key for me. Leafs really need some decent centers in the pipeline to play 3C then possibly replace JT at 2C in a couple years

Reactions: Menzinger and Once

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Of the players that were still on the board I wanted Seamus Casey or David Goyette

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
There is nothing to support this besides your opinion

It is in fact my opinion which I’m entitled to.

We’ll wait and see. And like we’ve done for so many years as Leafs fans, we’ll be kicking ourselves. Would have loved Goyette.

I’m sure Minten will be a guy, he’s got size, shot, defensively responsible.

Hopefully Dubas uses the cap space effectively.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Dubas drafts a ppg+ small player and this board is all 'OMG DUFAS DRAFTING SOFT PLAYERS AGAIN"

Dubas drafts a 6 foot 1 center who plays a greasy and responsible game "LOL Dubas wtf is this pick".

What do people want? Big, good skating, high IQ, ppg+ forwards in the 2nd round?

They want a 6'5 knuckle dragger regardless of his skill

"YOU CANT TEACH SIZE"

Reactions: HockeyVirus

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't consider Mike Stephens to be a source at all but I'm laughing because he said something to the effect of Leafs thinking they can get a top 15 player at 38.

Fraser Minten lol. This is not a good pick, especially with Kyrou still available.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Kulich, Howard and Lambert are on a whole other level compared to this kid.

Exactly, but people want to act like it’s not a drop off. There is a considerable one. It’s not out of the realm that Minten takes off and becomes really good or Kulich, Howard, Lambert bust. But I just think they should have just kept the pick. But it’s not only that we lost out on Kulich, Howard, Lambert, but Beck and Firkus as well.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I don't consider Mike Stephens to be a source at all but I'm laughing because he said something to the effect of Leafs thinking they can get a top 15 player at 38.

Fraser Minten lol. This is not a good pick, especially with Kyrou still available.
That guy mustve been making shit up lol.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If teams always followed public rankings, there'd be no need to employ scouts or draft analysis of their own.

Just need to hope this ends up one of those mid draft steals rather than off the board flops. We'll know for sure in a couple years where this guy is heading closer to being.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad