Toronto Maple Leafs - 2022 Entry Draft - 2nd Rd Pick (38th OA) - Fraser Minten (C)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I'm underwhelmed but don't have a ton of reason to doubt our staff yet...we wait and see

Not for nothing, good WHL playoffs this year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hes not bad... ive watched him many times live... seems like quite the reach taking him this high though. I would have assumed he would have been a 3rd MAYBE 4th rounder... But hey, his stats could sky rocket even more playing with Stankoven in Kamloops next season and they host the Memorial Cup, so it could eventually turn out well for you guys

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
From Wheeler's scouting report:

Anonymous WHL source: His hockey sense is through the roof. He’s a very responsible 200-foot centre. I believe he’s going to play and he’s going to carve out a role. At 19, he’s going to be a very good junior player and I could see him pushing to get onto a world junior team. I think his game is just steadily growing. He’s a guy to keep an eye on.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Rankings seem to have him going a range of spots across the 2nd round. Don't think he was on my radar before the draft - certainly have never seen him play

Always nice to add a centre. Hopefully he pans out into a useful pieces for the top 9 (or better...)

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I'm not ready for people who have never seen him play to shit on this pick, because he wasn't listed in a high placement in a list they're parroting. This place is insufferable.
I hear ya. This was known as a draft that wasn't very good, and after the top few picks was basically throw a dart. Yet here people are dumping on this pick already and know absolutely nothing about the kid. Defeatism runs the show around here too much.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This is why I hated the trade down. I’m not gonna say it’s a bad pick but it’s a considerable drop off compared to what we could have had at 25.

Reactions: daethfromabove1979

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
I’ll give Dubas the benefit of the doubt here. I don’t know anything about him but his last two second round picks both broke out the following season. We’ll seee what he does during the season.
Never heard of the guy. But I am intrigued that he had 16 points in 17 WHL playoff games this year. (In limited playoff action in earlier years he was never less a point per game.)

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Safe player with some offensive upside. I'll take it. Maybe not at 38 but okay

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad