Proposal: Toronto - Goes all in

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Why stop here? Could still probably use another D.

Matthew Knies is from Arizona which is reasonably close to Vegas. Knies (UNDERRATED, easily Vegas top prospect) for Zach Whitecloud and Alec Martinez (Leafs stash until playoffs on LTIR)

Too many LD so flip Chychrun to Detroit for Seider.

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Seider
Martinez-Whitecloud

Also might want to restock the cupboards after all these deals. Lybushkin is a bit overkill, so trade him back to Arizona for Victor Soderstrom (BUST but take a chance on him).

Before he got mono in his draft year, Liljegren was a potential top 5 pick. Looking for a top F prospect in return. Minnesota has lots of forward prospects, so they will trade Marco Rossi for him.

I think this would set up Toronto well now and in the future. With these deals, they might actually be able to push Tampa to 6 games in Round 1
Can't see Detroit fans getting on board for that. Or Wild fans for that matter
My apologies of this was suppose to have been read in green

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
I would think Klingberg and Faksa for Meitinen Robertson Engvall and Kempf would work

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Was describing to give a idea of where I believe they are ranked league wide.

Neither Robertson nor Niemela are top 10 prospect or elite blue chippers. Both both are very good A- level prospects who have produced very well post draft and have been trending up.

I could substitute one of them for Knies who is similar prospect with him being a little less proven due to only being a D+1 player.

These are guys who'd be the 2nd or 3rd best prospect on teams who have a true elite blue chopper.

They really wouldn't be, and probably neither are top 50 or top 30 in the world.

Both have good, but not exceptional upside (think good 2nd pairing D & good 2nd liner) but both also are small and have question marks regarding their ability to translate to NHL level.

Every team has a prospect similar to Robertson & Niemela. Good prospects for sure, and not even saying your offer is bad, but you are overrating your guys.

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not commenting on the trades but I can say the team would be great for a couple of years and the cup is the ultimate goal and that’s a team that would/could win. However in very short order you’d have very bare cupboards with no real chance of changing that for a long time unless you get very lucky hitting on a diamond in the rough. I guess for a cup leafs fans would sacrifice a lot though

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Trade #2 is not well thought out. If we do trade Chychrun, it will not include a LHD, unless as a dump. Any #1 would be considered 29, 30, 31, or 32.

However if TML want to dump Mrazek in the off-season to sign Campbell, the Coyotes won't charge too much...

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Trade #2 is not well thought out. If we do trade Chychrun, it will not include a LHD, unless as a dump. Any #1 would be considered 29, 30, 31, or 32.

However if TML want to dump Mrazek in the off-season to sign Campbell, the Coyotes won't charge too much...

I think we could do it for a 2nd round pick

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
You can't be a true before you play the majority of the games until this year he hadn't done that

Wow you're right! Glad you showed up on these boards, your hockey knowledge is incredibly impressive. You're doing Leafs Nation proud

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 3.45.54 PM.png

Mattycat

Jun 25, 2014
I was going to post but nah ..Look up top 15 player's last 3 years . What is Marner's value ?? cause Miller is not that far off .Look before you post or gonna look dumb !!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Askarov is years away from being ready for the Preds, they aren't remotely considering a Saros deal barring a silly return (and I mean silly, you are gutting our competitiveness/playoff chances this year and for the next several).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad