Proposal: Toronto - Goes all in

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
These trades are all horrible for not Toronto, but that Nashville deal is f***ing awful. The corpse of Mrazek and two low firsts and not even this years for Saros? Ugh.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm a Yotes fan and we wouldn't do the Chych deal (Sandin + a late first / throw in 2nd isn't even close).

More importantly in what universe does NSH trade Saros for Mrazek and 2 mid to late firsts. In case you hadn't noticed they have a pretty good team over there
I’d do Chychrun for Sandin, Knies, and the 1st. I’d take whatever dumps they want, too.

Not sure if this makes it better or worse for TO but as an example I’d add Wedgewood for Mrazek and Holl, if that makes the deal more appealing for them.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
That’s such a great deal for the Canucks! We almost need to add more to even it out.
How about TO adds their biggest cap dump, and the Canucks will toss in Quinn Hughes???

to Toronto
Miller and Hughes

to Vancouver
No 1st round picks
Some shitty veterans
A couple of ok prospects (but TO fans will tel is they are awesome).

DEAL!

Reactions: kinghock

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Leafs fan here, if I would take every deal running away laughing, it’s safe to say every other team would easily pass.

Not one of those are close…they heavily favour Toronto…

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Leafs fan here, if I would take every deal running away laughing, it’s safe to say every other team would easily pass.

Not one of those are close…they heavily favour Toronto…
Yup.
Gotta say, the OP was pretty impressive.
He was able to make TO cup favourites without giving up a single part that would actually hurt to give up.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
These deals are made on the basis the leafs decide to forget the future and go for it now this year and next. Leafs want to go all in for this and next season these are the deals I was looking at. Let me know comments and if the value/fit is not there for VAN/ARZ/NSH.

Trade 1: Add a top 30 player in the league and a bit of depth

Toronto: JT Miller@50%, Luke Schenn

To Van: Justin Holl(cap piece), Nic Robertson (top 30 prospect league wide), Topi Niemela (top 50 prospect league wide) and 2022 2nd, 2024 2nd/B Propsect (Kokkonen, Kral, Steeves)

Leafs give up 2 A- prospects, and either 2 top 64 picks in the next 3 years or 1 top 64 pick and a B prospect. Holl is a vet who the Canucks can either keep and look at seeing if he fits on the team or move in the offseason for a mid round pick or two

Trade 2: Add a #2D for both the now and future

To Toronto: Jacob Chychuran

To Arizona: Rasmus Sandin, Toronto 2022 1st, and 2023 2nd

Leafs give up our best/2nd best young NHL player (non Core players, as those guys while young are established now as a top 3ish player, a top 20ish player and a top 50ish player) a top 32 pick and another top 64 pick. The Yotes would have our 2023 and most likely 2025 2nd for the Lyub trade giving.

Trade 3: Get a goalie with term whose proven to be elite.

To Toronto: Saros

To Preds: Mrazek, 2023 1st and 2024 1st

Leafs give 2 1sts for a goalie but both are hopefully in the 25+ pick range and not 18-25 range. Saros is proven to be elite and is one of the best in the league. Has 3 years term after this at only 5M. We also move on from Mrazek. Preds get to add for a retool if they choose to go that route and they have Askarov for the very near future making the loss of Saros bearable.

Leafs roster after these deals for the 2022 playoffs

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - JT - JT Miller
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kase
Engvall - Kampf - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Chychuran - Lilijgren
Muzzin* - Lyubushkin

Saros
Campbell

Scratches: Dermott/Schenn/Simmonds/Clifford

With Muzzin on LTIR it works capwise with Simmond and Clifford to Taxi squad. Come playoffs with the cap not counting we can run Muzzin in the team as our 3LHD.

This team on paper has little holes and would be close to 2019-2021 Tampa on paper in terms of superstar quality, depth, defensive quality and goaltending excellence

Take the parts offered for Chychrun, add only the good parts you offered for Miller.
Put those together.
THEN you might have the pieces to get ONE of the players you tried for.

Miller is going to cost a 1st, your 2 best prospects(because they aren’t great) +

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Take the parts offered for Chychrun, add only the good parts you offered for Miller.
Put those together.
THEN you might have the pieces to get ONE of the players you tried for.

Miller is going to cost a 1st, your 2 best prospects(because they aren’t great) +
While I agree with the fact the offers aren’t enough from Toronto, good luck with any team paying a 1st and their 2 best prospects+ for 1 year and change of Miller.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 10.23.26 AM.png

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Both those prospects are nothing special dine a dozen players the leafs inflate

you aren’t getting Saros for a couple late 1sts(25-32)

I would think Nashville would have better offers if he was on the market

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
While I agree with the fact the offers aren’t enough from Toronto, good luck with any team paying a 1st and their 2 best prospects+ for 1 year and change of Miller.

Thats 2 runs at the cup with a guy top 12 in the league in scoring on an absolute STEAL of a contract.
He would push down Tavares to the 3rd creating amazing depth, or be a top line winger.

And I didn’t say ANY team.
I said the Leafs, and that’s because they don’t have any top prospects.
They have THEIR top guys, but none are real blue chippers.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Canucks are going to make a push for the playoffs!

To Vancouver
Mitch Marner @50% retention

To Toronto
Jonah Gadjovich
2029 2nd
2027 3rd
Luongo’s cap recapture penalty
Pearson

Jonah has 6 fights this year an was a former 2nd rounder. He is no longer a Canuck, but show some promise.
Those picks are awesome value
Lou penalty to help out the cap balance
Pearson is the best player we are willing to give up, so you better love him!
Good deal?

Reactions: Superlative Soup

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Thats 2 runs at the cup with a guy top 12 in the league in scoring on an absolute STEAL of a contract.
He would push down Tavares to the 3rd creating amazing depth, or be a top line winger.

And I didn’t say ANY team.
I said the Leafs, and that’s because they don’t have any top prospects.
They have THEIR top guys, but none are real blue chippers.
Again, good luck…and I mean that honestly. I hope the Canucks get that King’s ransom they are hoping for. But if you are hoping it comes from Toronto, I think you will be disappointed. Goalie and defence are too priority.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Again, good luck…and I mean that honestly. I hope the Canucks get that King’s ransom they are hoping for. But if you are hoping it comes from Toronto, I think you will be disappointed. Goalie and defence are too priority.
I don’t think any of Toronto’s prospects are the right fit for what we are looking for, so I hope you are right!
I personally don’t really want to trade him at all!

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

I don't think any Vancouver fan hopes it comes from Toronto.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
If we take what’s said in this forum, your best bet is from LA. Rangers aren’t giving up Schneider, Leafs aren’t giving up “their” 2 best prospects+1st+.

Vancouver can forget about Kings prospects as well.
"State of the Franchise comments from Blake and Robitaille 02/27/2022
-Robitaille opened the event with some thoughts on the team’s “Development Strategy”
Reminded that LA’s plan was to move / trade some veteran players in 2018 and 2019, then integrate younger prospects / players into the system last season and this year.
-A fan asked if there is anything special to look forward to at the Trade Deadline next month. Blake spoke a lot about how the current players are slotted where they need to be (i.e. Kopitar, Danualt, and Byfield down the middle). “We’re going to continue putting players into the right spot leading into the deadline.”

Reactions: Just a Fan

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Vancouver can forget about Kings prospects as well.
"State of the Franchise comments from Blake and Robitaille 02/27/2022
-Robitaille opened the event with some thoughts on the team’s “Development Strategy”
Reminded that LA’s plan was to move / trade some veteran players in 2018 and 2019, then integrate younger prospects / players into the system last season and this year.
-A fan asked if there is anything special to look forward to at the Trade Deadline next month. Blake spoke a lot about how the current players are slotted where they need to be (i.e. Kopitar, Danualt, and Byfield down the middle). “We’re going to continue putting players into the right spot leading into the deadline.”
I guess best bet is the Rangers then? I mean at least they did make an offer which shows they have interest.

Reactions: kinghock

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Toronto gives
- Timothy Liljegren or Topi Niemela (equivalent of a 1st)
- Matthew Knies (equivalent of a 1st)
- 2022 1st
- 2023 2nd
- Pierre Engvall

Arizona gives
- Jacob Chychrun

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
its hard to judge which is the deals is the worst, so, 3 way tie

Ad